Jeremie Boga

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

• 5 months later...

That goal last night was stunning and he has done plenty of that sort of thing at youth and reserve level.

He is inconsistent, but all this type of player always will be - look at Hazard. Would love to see him carry on with the reserves but get a place on the first 11 bench from time to time as he could be a real impact player in tight matches.

• 1 month later...

Two well taken goals against Everton and the lad is clearly a match-winner. Right now, out of all of our young prospects, he looks to have that something special that might just mean he could make it into the first team, but we all know by now not to get carried away. Would like to see him and possibly the likes of Baker and Ake at least feature in the Bolton League Cup game.

• 6 months later...

The thing that bugs me about Boga is that he is rarely picked in the French national youth sides and Jose has never singled him out for praise. He just seems so talented otherwise. I think this is worth a thought...

That really is a fair point. I'm mean he scores bags of goals and runs through players as if they are not there.

I'm wondering if he has been talked into holding out for becoming eligible for England although I can't understand why he'd want to haha.

Supremely talented lad and I'm sure I'll be shot for saying this but at times reminds me of a certain Gianfranco Zola.

• 1 month later...

I have no optimisim about him ever making it here. Has always struck me as a Kakuta mark 2. Could be wrong though.

Maybe appearance-wise but in terms of playing style I'm not so sure. He has a physicality and directness that Kakuta never had in my opinion. 

To be fair you have no optimism in any of our youngsters making it here.

I did about Josh and then we screwed that up.

I did about Chalobah and he's disappeared off the face of the earth on loans.

I did/do about Baker, but it seems Jose prefers RLC.

I did about Josh and then we screwed that up.

I did about Chalobah and he's disappeared off the face of the earth on loans.

I did/do about Baker, but it seems Jose prefers RLC.

Chalobah and Baker still have a chance. I believe Chalobah will be a squad player next season already.