Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Simply incredulous, what a lot of folks won't admit, is Rafa is actually a good manager, both with valencia and the dippers, unless we believe stevie me did it all by his self, rafa hash't got here what he had at pool, a 5 yrs younger Torres Gerrard and Alonso, just accept he is here, cos he isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable, if he suddenly gets the team playing and winning again, Rafa was a red will quickly be forgotten.

Seriously? Didnt win Prem League despite spending millions, bought some truly awful players, then went to Inter and broke a double winning team - he may be, he may be good, but nah not a top manager (if so why hasnt anyone else taken him?)

Inter were a treble winning team.

Roman has ripped apart our entire club to try and get Torres playing well, and all he can do is bitch and moan and continue to be a waste of space on the pitch. This is a man who as soon as we had achieved the greatest win of our history, came out with a load of bullsh*t because he was upset and not playing more. A man who admitted he didn't care if we won or lost. A man who despite ridiculous amounts of support from the home crowd over 2 years of utterly appalling performances, still finds new ways to disappoint every week.

Honestly couldn't give two sh*ts if he scores 30 goals between now and the end of the season, I want him gone.

Feel free to post your usual "plastic, fake, moron, etc..." comments, but that's how I feel about it right now.

I agree entirely with this. And I'm sure he had a say on Rafa's appointment.

Fernando f*cking Torres can f*ck off back to Liverpool/Spain as far as I'm concerned. And the sooner that happens, the better.

Didn't take long for the first bite about my avatar haha.

You think the avatar is clever?

I have had a long think about what I am about to say, and I don't like to make things personal Bluehatter, but in your case I am going to make an exception.

I have been on these forums since they started and before that it's predeccesor the old Chelsea Supporters Registry run by Paul Rushton. In that time I have agreed with some people and disagreed with other people. I have had genuine heated exchanges with people I really respect on here over their views on a particular issue player/manager/performance I have had reason to disagree with. In the end, whatever had been said, (and I have posted some things I later regretted), it was all forgotten because I felt those poeple, like me, supported Chelsea first and foremost.

I have never had that feeling with you. Harsh as this may be I don't believe you are a genuine Chelsea supporter. You are a Torres supporter and that is all that matters to you. How a manager is dealt with by Roman, how other players are used is of little interest to you. Ultimately what is said about Torres, how people view Torres, is all that you are really interested in. Everything else is secondary.

Which for me personally is just another reason to see Torres leave ASAP, because you will, I suspect, disappear with him.

Are you that offended by a tiny bit of red? I don't think it is my credabililty as a chelsea fan that should be questioned tbh. Try questioning your mate davey babey who wants us to lose week in week out just so he get's a point across.

I disagree with Davey about a lot of things, but I've never gotten the impression that he wants us to lose. I've been on this forum for three and a half years and I've never had a single reason to doubt Davey's support for this club. You, on the other hand, I'm not comfortable with. How can you be happy that we've brought in Rafa? We cast aside a Chelsea legend, a man who's always conducted himself with unflappable class and composure, the first manager to deliver us the Champions League trophy and his replacement is an incompetent, disgusting, fat waste of oxygen who had the temerity to insult Chelsea supporters to get a few laughs from the scouse trash. I don't want a man like that representing my club and I can't fathom how anybody else who's a true Chelsea supporter would feel differently. Unless, of course...

You think the avatar is clever?

I have had a long think about what I am about to say, and I don't like to make things personal Bluehatter, but in your case I am going to make an exception.

I have been on these forums since they started and before that it's predeccesor the old Chelsea Supporters Registry run by Paul Rushton. In that time I have agreed with some people and disagreed with other people. I have had genuine heated exchanges with people I really respect on here over their views on a particular issue player/manager/performance I have had reason to disagree with. In the end, whatever had been said, (and I have posted some things I later regretted), it was all forgotten because I felt those poeple, like me, supported Chelsea first and foremost.

I have never had that feeling with you. Harsh as this may be I don't believe you are a genuine Chelsea supporter. You are a Torres supporter and that is all that matters to you. How a manager is dealt with by Roman, how other players are used is of little interest to you. Ultimately what is said about Torres, how people view Torres, is all that you are really interested in. Everything else is secondary.

Which for me personally is just another reason to see Torres leave ASAP, because you will, I suspect, disappear with him.

Hard to disagree Just - so much so that I can't.

I can never understand why anone would support a player before a club (we had the same on here before with Crespo_Rulz - or something like that). A person who actually followed a player from club to club and therefore disappeared from the forum once his player of choice moved on.

After experiencing Torres since he joined Chelsea I would happily swap him for John Spencer and feel we were better off.

Hard to disagree Just - so much so that I can't.

I can never understand why anone would support a player before a club (we had the same on here before with Crespo_Rulz - or something like that). A person who actually followed a player from club to club and therefore disappeared from the forum once his player of choice moved on.

After experiencing Torres since he joined Chelsea I would happily swap him for John Spencer and feel we were better off.

Must be very dull to only support a player. What happens when that player retires? No more football? I don't think I could live with that.

There are players I love, but when they leave I will not for one second consider leaving my team and go with them. I might follow their progress and so on, but that is as far as I will go.

Imagine if one has that connection with a player and he goes to play in Qatar or something. Does not sound that good.

Whilst not happy, I am not so vitriolic against the Benitez appointment as some, However anyone hoping for a significant upturn in Torres contribution is an extreme optimist who i would suggest is grasping at straws.

Dalglish, Ancelloti, AVB, and RDM have all tried to get the man back to previous levels of performance. All have failed. I have little faith that benitez can wave a magic wand and make his woes go away. It is not as if Torres is not trying....i just think that he is shot of all confidence and is not capable of playing how he used to. The first yard of pace has gone, as have the predatory instincts. Confidence is not everything....just ask Leon knight!

Honestly couldn't give two sh*ts if he scores 30 goals between now and the end of the season, I want him gone.

The only reason I want to see him score 30 goals is so we can get some f**king money for him when we get shot. Oh and some wins would be good to. But I seriously don't think he will score another 10 goals this season. For everyone concerned he would be best going back to Spain.,

Edited by smileysmiles

If anything thats disprecting Spenny Loz!

I would honestly have Kezman over Torres.

He had a shocker but the lad gave his all every game and never hid, he was a team player and looked like he would sweat blood for the club. Furthermore he scored a goal that won us a trophy. Kezman led the line against Barcelona in one of the clubs greatest ever games (4:2, 2005) and he led the line well too - people often forget he played that night. Torres has never put in a performance like that, ever ,not for Chelsea anyway.

Oh and Kezman cost 10 times less.

Edited by bjd