Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

There are many athletes in the U.S., whether baseball, football, or basketball, who are past their prime and are on huge "guaranteed" wages. None that I can recall has decided to take a lower pay for another team and break their current contract, and so what Torres is doing is not unreasonable given that. I really do not blame him -- money is money.

Actually there was that Japanese baseball player for the Twins I think who simply checked out. Said he wasn't good enough to earn his pay and left giving all the money back to the club. Granted he had a nice contract set up for himself in the J League and I believe a Japanese model wife who preferred Japan over the Midwest in America but that aside still a noble act. A modern day hare kare (sp?) perhaps? Still have to give him props for showing some class. Others do sign for hometown payouts so the team can spend elsewhere and create a winner. Justin Pedroia comes to mind there. However as a kid growing up in NY and big Yankees fan I have seen players stick around when clearly not wanted just to cash in. Alex Rodriguez anyone?

Where would you envision him playing? France? Netherlands? Russia? USA?

You know a move to the MLS wouldn't be such a bad idea. They can stick him in the New England Revolution so he can play near those pathetic Massholes and the Scouse contingent in America with John Henry and his RedSox/Liverpool consortium of shyte.

Malouda on that list is bollocks he was fantastic 09-10 when we won the title and for a few months the season before and a few months the season after.

This line on the Boulahrouz inclusion has made me angry "recently vacated by Hernan Crespo (another disappointing Chelsea striker)", that is bollocks aswell. Crespo couldn't settle to life in London for very understandable reasons but I argue that he played very well for us when he was here and especially in the 05-06 title winning season.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

Its obvious Just wants Torres as much as most of us want a bad case of herpes but he is shrewd enough to understand and accept that he is stuck with him in the squad and can do absolutely nothing about it.

The only way Torres is leaving is:

A) He asks to leave via a transfer request.

B) Roman bites the bullet and makes it known that Torres is surplus to requirements and the club will listen to any offers, loan or sale, without any target recoup transfer fee, ( the reported £20 million is a complete joke).

Unfortunately neither option looks imminent and so Jose is stuck with him. Its a sad and pathetic situation for both the player and the club which could well haunt us at some point in the season.

Changed that for you mate

HA ,read this Torres haters, if this happens, they'll be Jack to talk about!!!

http://www.givemesport.com/496196-jose-mourinho-to-force-fernando-torres-out-of-chelsea

That site is possibly the worst site there is when it comes to footballing matters. They make up anything and everything. Even on the 1% chance that it is true then how does it make any sort of sense? We will then be left with costa who has recently had injury problems and can do things that will be punished severely in england and drogba who is past it and will possibly pick up injuries at that age. We need to sign another striker before even considering letting torres go

That site is possibly the worst site there is when it comes to footballing matters. They make up anything and everything. Even on the 1% chance that it is true then how does it make any sort of sense? We will then be left with costa who has recently had injury problems and can do things that will be punished severely in england and drogba who is past it and will possibly pick up injuries at that age. We need to sign another striker before even considering letting torres go

I recognise its a pile of horse sh*te of a site, but thought the Anti Torres brigade might appreciate it, would get them seriously lathered up if any of it came to fruition, btw i have just given up on torres , no malice but deep deep disapointment....

Who is Destro?

He's a good striker, suffered with injury for a good part of last season but still managed 13 goals in 20 games. I'm hoping he starts breaking into the Italian starting line up and we whack Balotelli on the bench, f**king liability that bloke.

Destro seems like the sort of striker Jose likes. Can do a bit of everything and I reckon he'll be happy being the back up striker.

Shame the story is probably completely made up.

Watched a few youtube compilations. Looks pretty sh*t. 

Edited by Zeta Orionis