Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

I am not sure that I see it happening - I hope I am wrong!!

Torres will demand a permanent deal for a few years. Milan will be cautious, knowing he is sh*t and the pay will be poor by comparison. They want him on loan also. If he goes on loan and is sh*t he will be cast aside, as he should be.

Therefore I can see Torres digging his heels in and not moving unless its a 2 or 3 year deal.

It doesnt make any sense for Milan, are they drunk ?

I am not sure that I see it happening - I hope I am wrong!!

Torres will demand a permanent deal for a few years. Milan will be cautious, knowing he is sh*t and the pay will be poor by comparison. They want him on loan also. If he goes on loan and is sh*t he will be cast aside, as he should be.

Therefore I can see Torres digging his heels in and not moving unless its a 2 or 3 year deal.

It doesnt make any sense for Milan, are they drunk ?

It also doesn't help with his high wage demands and Milan's unwillingness to pay all of it. Everything points towards the deal falling through. The phrase 'if it is too good to be true, it probably is' really epitomises this situation.

But as you said, lets hope Milan don't get sober anytime soon because they must be drunk to even be interested

Guest RFC_CFC

Nah can't see it.

Torres has a very young family and a loan move would not suit them or him so I understand why he want's a full transfer or nothing.

Milan are idiots if they sign him though, I don't think they will though...Last night the fan groups were up in arms about it.

I think Zola is right.

AC have just lost Balotelli, who at €4m/year was their highest earner (on par with Mexès).

Torres is apparently on about €11.5m/year (£9.1m); we could subsidize half of his wages and AC would still be shelling out more than they were previously, minus the amortized transfer fee, for an inferior player.

I wonder if Milan are factoring in shirt sales, even though Torres is now a poor player I could still see a lot of Milan Torres shirts being sold.

Or am I just grasping at straws.

If both Torres and MvG go surely we'll have to bring in replacements for both.

we cannot. there are currently 18 foreign players, maximum of 17. if two go.. one can come in.

in other news - italian sources saying that AC Milan's salary offer is €2.5 million short of what torres is wanting

We should just give Torres to them for free (or near enough to), in lieu of a transfer fee they can pay his wages for 2 years or so. 

yep - f**king bizarre that we actually seem to be holding out for a transfer fee on this one. who in their right mind would pay anything for torres?

Guest RFC_CFC

11.5 million a year? No wonder he doesn't want to go. FFS

Madness the kind of contract we were giving out back then, serves us right to an extent tbh.

Guest RFC_CFC

IF he does go. Here are his finest moments

- Goal v Barca

- Goal in EuropaLeague final

- Winner vs City

- QPR hattrick

- Taking pity on Liverpool by passing to Willian

That little flick goal against Arsenal was good I suppose....

I always think of the iconic celebration when Drogba scored the header against Bayern.

Just a huge 'thank f**k for you mate' hug to Drogba.

Guest RFC_CFC

11.5 million. Is there anyone else in the club on those wages? Ridiculous!

Maybe Cole, Lampard and Terry come/came close.

Think we restructured our wage methods not long after Torres

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28951784

Definitely more than a rumour (thank god)

Was wondering though, who could we get on such a short notice?

Costa as main ST with Drogba on bench

rumours are Boro want Bamford on loan

We would need another ST

Thinking Remy could be another Anelka signing and for the price it wouldn't be much of a risk

http://www.theshedend.com/forum/2-chelsea-rumours/