abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

HIs build up play in the first half was good, he was linking up well with teammates and creating some space and getting some crosses in. But as so many times (seems like every week tbh) when he's given a great chance through on goal, he just doesn't shoot. I don't know why as a striker he never shoots when in on goal, i've tried to come up with reasons, but it's a mystery really. He can score when he has no time to think about it, but give him more than a second and he just can't do it...he doesn't even try to do it.

Some nice touches, but again when it matter you have to be decisive and put it in the net. He had two decent chances today and scored neither.

It was not coincidence either that Danny Sturridge was the one who placed himself correctly in the space to capitalise on Mata's good work while Torres stood beyond the far post.

Some nice touches, but again when it matter you have to be decisive and put it in the net. He had two decent chances today and scored neither.

It was not coincidence either that Danny Sturridge was the one who placed himself correctly in the space to capitalise on Mata's good work while Torres stood beyond the far post.

Ill get hammered for saying this but its honestly no upgrade on having Salomon Kalou leading the line for you.

Still , winning team and all that...

Messed up vital chances again but worked his socks off as usual we've been lucky that these moments haven't been costly. I like the guy and as I said before its fine along as the team is scoring and he works hard I just worry it could end up costing us in a big game. Still we got Torres favourite opponents next Sun so maybe he was saving a goal or two for that game ;)

So was Torres supposed to be standing right next to Sturridge so that they got in each other's way? He was giving Mata another option.

So was Torres supposed to be standing right next to Sturridge so that they got in each other's way? He was giving Mata another option.

He should have been the one there though. Not Sturridge. He gave nothing to mata back there.Would love to have seen sturrigde on for Torres today, and bring on moses for Oscar.

He should have been the one there though. Not Sturridge. He gave nothing to mata back there.Would love to have seen sturrigde on for Torres today, and bring on moses for Oscar.

I just think people are being too hard on Torres for this, Torres was in a good position and if Sturridge hadn't put that in it would have gone to Torres who would have more than likely scored.

no

He just didn't seem to have the same energy and drive today as he's shown in recent games, a few good touches in the first half but still say he was 'tits the second half and I have been in his corner since he came. Thought he should have been subbed around 65 mins...not that it mattered in the end anyway...

Think he's been playing well recently but today's game just passed him by, missed several sitters and for most of the match it was like having 10 players, good thing Mata counts for about 6.

This 'witch hunt' on here by some against Torres is becoming shameful.

He's part of a 'TEAM' that's winning games, he's scoring goals on a REGULAR basis, he's playing well.

In fact he's pulling his weight as much as anyone else in our TEAM.

So f**king leave off the fella, in case some of you forgot whilst consumed with your never ending vendetta against him, he plays for Chelsea.

His treatment on here by some leads me to believe they would prefer to see Torres miss at the cost of the team so they can slate him, rather than do well and have to eat their words.

Alan

His hold-up and link-up play is very good, but his one-on-one finishing is so lacking in confidence...not the first time this season that he has been put through and bizarrely slowed down and didn't even get a shot off...just shoot FFS...very frustrating...at least give yourself a chance to score

To add to that, when the teams confidence ebbs away Torres's does as well, but to an even greater degree. He regresses to this player who can never win a one on one and is always looking to get a decision his way. It mirrors the futility of the team when they lose steam, but its even more frustrating.

Today, Mata showed us the importance of a player who can take the game by the throat when things are going against us. That quality is so incredibly valuable.

His treatment on here by some leads me to believe they would prefer to see Torres miss at the cost of the team so they can slate him, rather than do well and have to eat their words.

Alan

Alan, that has been going on for well over a year now. All you need to see is the usual suspects coming in here to downplay his achievements when he does score or have an outstanding game for us.

I think it's a bit silly for expel to say Torres should've been there instead of Studge what's he supposed to do say Danny that's my spot. Come on people absolute ridiculous statement to make.

When did I say that? If Torres was in that position, would Sturridge have moved into it? I sure as hell hope not. Torres is a striker, he should be commanding those positions. He hardly hasd his best game in a blue shirt, I don't want to sound too harsh, because he looked bright at times, some nice footwork and dribbles, but he still seems to fear getting into those killer positions at times. When he has time to think, he always chooses the wrong option. Im sure I read a stat on here that all his goals were one touch goals.

Il always credit him when he plays good, but being unable to criticize him is ridiculous and it seems to be the way on here, once you say something unappreciative about Torres, your a villian, and idiot. I merely point out that Surridges movement, as compared to torres' was far better and striker like.

Edited by Damo810

Think he's been playing well recently but today's game just passed him by, missed several sitters and for most of the match it was like having 10 players, good thing Mata counts for about 6.

Several sitters? I can only think of one occasion where he should have scored.

I'm sure the same people having a go at torres now are the same people who had a go at people like me last season when I praised torres even when he wasn't getting goals. They told me to stop making everything about torres. They are now the people who fill this page up with awful sh*t when he dosn't score in one game. See you tuesday night after he scores yer?

Torres all round game has improved since he first joined, but you never really fancy him when he's one on one. I think for that reason we will try to get someone else.

He links up very well with our 3 magicians though.

Torres all round game has improved since he first joined, but you never really fancy him when he's one on one. I think for that reason we will try to get someone else.

He links up very well with our 3 magicians though.

Ive said it before, but its so weird how his head is at the moment. He can have moments of utter brilliance, beat defenders for fun with skill, go for overhead kicks etc. But he gets time to think and his arse falls out.

I can't believe people still believe in Torres. I think the support he gets from the fans that go is brilliant and something that we should be proud of, but if we had a proper striker the game would have been over by half time.

I was watching some of his goals from his first couple of seasons in the pl and that is not the player that we've got, not even close. The one we've got causes more attacks to beak down than he does to help us.

I expect a skating for those views but I've been holding back on saying them for ages in the hope that he'll prove me wrong. It aint gonna happen.