abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

All joking aside, I think your probably wrong on most counts, but hey ho!

Look at Torres' face when he lines up before the game, and you realise it's over before it's even started.

I have never seen so little fight in a player.

He looks like he wants to be anywhere but a football pitch, and considering the allowances we've made for him and the wages, that's unforgivable in my book.

In the Sparta game, first half, he was the only player trying, second half it all went tits up, but for me that proves he has not given up before he starts!

What I will agree on is that he is so mentally weak that as soon as things don't go his way, his head drops quicker than any other player I have seen.

Don't believe anyone can be that bad for that long.....so have 2 options to explain it, neither includes bad luck, or lack of fitness or form

1. He had 2 young kids, has he moved south, or is he commuting from up north, or combination - so private life screwing his career

Or

2.he has a reason to deliberately play badly, not gonna state what here but has to be a possibility surely

He is just going thru the motions, never in the right place even for a tap in, beats a player then falls over of miskicks or miss queues or what ever

Any better ideas.

Or

2.he has a reason to deliberately play badly, not gonna state what here but has to be a possibility surely

I'd love you to give your reason, however fanciful.

I don't think for a minute that he's playing so abysmally deliberately but you're not the first to say this on these boards in recent weeks and that in itself shows you how bad he's been.

i know footballs a game of opinions but i don't know how people can say he doesn't try. to me he always looks ilk he's giving 100% he's just awful and a shadow of his former self. if you want to blame him for being half the player he was then thats fair enough but i don't agree with calling him a w**** or a mercenary. The Rio push just highlights the fact he has no self-confidence

edit: less than half the player he was

Edited by londonblue

Hardly a surprise really if true. If we are to go in for Falcao in the summer we should just give them Torres for a knock down price. Getting him off the books any way possible is a must this summer.

If he remains here after the summer  - than the Malouda treatment is in order

Chelsea were willing to let Malouda go for free, may not be the case with Torres.

I think thats our main problem. The board will want to get some money for his after breaking the bank to sign him but getting his wages off the books is also a must. Paying someone 175k a week when you could sign pub players that could do a better job is just no good business. Its a tough call really, do you try and sell him (but lets be honest the only teams who would actually be willing to pay for him he wouldnt want to go to, ie Russian teams or teams in China or the UAE) or do we loan him out until his contract ends but i cant see any team paying his full wages or do we let him leave for free just to get him off our books and mark it down as a huge mistake and hopefully a lesson learnt OR the best option is to include him in a deal for another player but this depends on if the other club would want a finished player and if they could afford his wages.

That article is pretty much on the money.

No doubt Torres still believes he is a top players, maybe just blaming his time with us on how the move came about and Chelsea not helping his game as much as Liverpool.

The top clubs will not pay a fee for him or match his wages, only sides like Anzhi would.

Personally I would rather see him rot in the reserves, being made to turn up day in day out for training; than allow him to have his pick of club, no transfer fee and us paying him a big potion of his wages to make him happy.

That article is pretty much on the money.

No doubt Torres still believes he is a top players, maybe just blaming his time with us on how the move came about and Chelsea not helping his game as much as Liverpool.

The top clubs will not pay a fee for him or match his wages, only sides like Anzhi would.

Personally I would rather see him rot in the reserves, being made to turn up day in day out for training; than allow him to have his pick of club, no transfer fee and us paying him a big potion of his wages to make him happy.

He should have thought thats a result i can hide out in Russia and pick up my huge salary instead of hiding on the football pitch like he does with us.

No one hates the man more than me. No one thinks he's as bad as I do. No one wants to see him gone as soon as I.

However.

After his goal Torres was fantastic - easily the best he's played since signing despite the missed penalty. Likely another false dawn but he can be pleased with his performance in the 2nd half.