abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

If ever a game summed up his time here.  Started slow, looked good, gets kicked in the face, looks good again, misses a pen, looks despondent 

@Mad_Mac

He didn't look dispondant, he got on with it and did brilliantly to set a chance for Benayoun.

@onebelo

Laughing at someone you should be supporting, it's really pathetic.

I'm just confused, the guy looks so bad at times then put's in a fantastic 30 minutes of football like that. His blood was boiling when he was caught in the face, why does it take something like that to get the man going ? damn it's frustrating.

I'll give him credit for scoring some important goals atleast. While I'm really happy that we are finally getting some winners mentality going, I also though about how much easier Torres will be to sell after he scored. The fact that he is alot less likely to feature in PL when we are still in EL gives me joy.

Ah God luv him. Enough mental material in that 90 minutes to keep a Psychiatrist's Convention busy for a year. And certainly enough to generate another 245 pages in this thread.

It was business as usual, (ergo, completely anonymous), until he scored. Then the goal, the dive, the nose bleed, the missed pen, the tissue up the snchoz, looking to the heavens, why me?, the changed shirts, the angry head. No-one likes me, No, they love me?

It was a drama like you've never seen before wasn't it? You feel for him don't you? Draining isn't it?

Should we think, "at last, he scores a goal that means something"? Or, simply, "at last he scores a goal"? What would a a good psychiatrist say?

Anyone notice how much the TV commentators made of it. Anyone think most of the media would love us to have Fernando running out wearing the no:9 shirt for us for years to come?

Me, I'm just gonna kick back and enjoy this thread over the next few days reading posts like the one above. Who knows. Perhaps he's back.

He looked despondent in that he'd just missed a penalty.

Certainly he picked himself back up, but he wasn't exactly thrilled about missing.