abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Today the wind has been mostly blowing from the East. On Sunday it is supposed to gust from the North-West. Which way do you think the wind will blow tomorrow? The direction of the wind is one of the many, many, many variables which can affect Torres' mental state and thereby, how he performs.

Will he be decent? Will he be rubbish?

Might as well try and predict the wind.

If you asked me a week ago I would have said I don't want him here next season, but if he actually carries on with a good work ethic and has a good end of season then I wouldn't be against having him here next season. We still need another striker or at least keep Lukaku here though.

Oh my god he scored a brace against one of the sh*ttest teams I've ever seen and people are now saying we should give him another season?

Do. Me. A. Favour.

He cannot do it when it matters and he has had 2 and a half years.

He is a liability and he costs 175k a week.

He'll want to stay but don't believe the hype of his own making.

To play for Chelsea you need character and he has none of it.

Seven Premiership goals this season folks.

Seven, playing alongside some of the best creative talent in the world.

He moaned and moaned and moaned, wanted star billing, wanted us to play to his strengths, and what happened, he was as sh*t as he's ever been.

He wants us to persist with him because he won't give up?

He won't give up his contract is what he's saying.

We will be far better off as a club without him.

God almighty some of you beggar belief.

He's total sh*t and why anyone would want him to stay evades me.

Yes he can score against sh*t teams because that's his level.

Work it out folks ..

It ain't difficult.

Edit: I just realised one of those seven goals was a pen, so that's six from open play all season, and we're struggling for fourth.

Edited by Davey Baby

Oh my god he scored a brace against one of the sh*ttest teams I've ever seen and people are now saying we should give him another season?

Do. Me. A. Favour.

He cannot do it when it matters and he has had 2 and a half years.

He is a liability and he costs 175k a week.

He'll want to stay but don't believe the hype of his own making.

To play for Chelsea you need character and he has none of it.

Seven Premiership goals this season folks.

Seven, playing alongside some of the best creative talent in the world.

He moaned and moaned and moaned, wanted star billing, wanted us to play to his strengths, and what happened, he was sh*t as he's ever been.

He wants us to persist with him because he won't give up?

He won't give up his contract is what he's saying.

We will be far better off as a club without him.

God almighty some of you beggar belief.

He's total sh*t and why anyone would want him to stay evades me.

Yes he can score against sh*t teams because that's his level.

Work it out folks ..

It ain't difficult.

All I'm saying is if he can carry on improving from now until the end of the season when we need him then I don't think it would be awful if he stayed, saying that I won't be overly sad to see him leave, as much as I've backed him. Right now I still want him gone at the end of the season but if he can show that he deserves to stay from now until the end of the season I don't see why not. Unlike posters like you and hazard a guess I don't hate the guy.

Edited by timetowaste

All I'm saying is if he can carry on improving from now until the end of the season when we need him then I don't think it would be awful if he stayed, saying that I won't be overly sad to see him leave, as much as I've backed him. Right now I still want him gone at the end of the season but if he can show that he deserves to stay from now until the end of the season I don't see why not. Unlike posters like you and hazard a guess I don't hate the guy.

I don't hate Torres either but Davey is bang on. He has done nowhere near enough this season to warrant him a place in the side next season. He has to go it's as simple as that. Remember when Benitez first took charge and everyone started saying "Torres is back" because he scored seven goals in quick succession? Personally I just can't believe people keep falling for it when Torres goes through a little good run. Before you know it he is just gonna go through another goal drought. It's inevitable. The fact that I can't even remember when he scored his last league goal for us speaks volumes. TORRES NEEDS TO GO. PERIOD. And believe it or not I do not have the slightest bit of hate for the man.

Edited by Amputechture

No one has said he should be our number 1 striker next year! Alongside lukaku and ba though he would be useful. 

I don't see the logic in that either if I'm being honest. His wages are incredibly high. For a third choice striker, we can get somebody much better with significantly less wages.

Torres is staying. Mourinho is coming. He'll get the best out of torres because he is the greatest manager ever. I mean he brought success to Chelsea.

I don't see the logic in that either if I'm being honest. His wages are incredibly high. For a third choice striker, we can get somebody much better with significantly less wages.

Can we stop bringing his wages into it? Money to roman is not relevant at all. If you don't think torres as a footballer is good enough to be our 3rd choice striker then fair enough but we would be here all night if we discussed the money side of every one of our players.

I'm happy to see him playing well, and I actually like him, but I dont think he should be here next season, he just doesnt have it anymore, maybe a return to spain could rejuvenate him, but as a player who relied a lot on his pace (which he has lost) I don't think that he'll improve that much

If he scores some more til the end of the season & helps us win a couple of trophies, then he can leave with his head held a little higher!

It's not worked here, even if he scored in every game from now until the end of the season, he should still go, for him as much as us.

By the way, to those of you getting excited about his brace against piss poor opposition on Thursday, consider this, he has one Premiership goal all season against a top half side.

Ask yourself why Thursday nights suit him would be my advice.

By the way, to those of you getting excited about his brace against piss poor opposition on Thursday, consider this, he has one Premiership goal all season against a top half side.

Ask yourself why Thursday nights suit him would be my advice.

very true, although lampard's record against top teams is hardly great either and I don't see many ppl claiming he should go for that reason.

mata's done great against the better sides this year, one of many things that proves his indespensibility at the moment.

but yeah, you know, having a striker that could do it would be nice.

A large majority of his goals come against sh*t opposition, like lweor division clubs in the early rounds of cups, or CL group stage.

How many times has he scored an important goal for us in a big game? The equaliser against Barcelona... that's about it. He scored against Arsenal earlier in the season so you could include that, but I'm really struggling to think of any others.