abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

According to Arry he cuts the mustard, and shouldn't now be labeled a'Flop'!!

Poor old 'Arry doesn't have a clue, and wherever he came across those stats well...

Excluding CWC and such competitions along with internationals Torres has 16 goals in 48 games. Rooney has 16 in 30. Many of which were not in the number 9 role..

Edited by Damo810

If ba is injured for anymore than 2 weeks what are are going to do? Torres can't play every game when we play every 3 days so will benitez use moses in europa games?

Only saw the 2nd half today but from what I saw he looks to have some fire back in his belly.

If ba is injured for anymore than 2 weeks what are are going to do? Torres can't play every game when we play every 3 days so will benitez use moses in europa games?

Only saw the 2nd half today but from what I saw he looks to have some fire back in his belly.

he definitely seemed more aggressive. I was watching on some random stream channel today and I saw a figure speed down into the corner flag, that figure was Torres. Never seen him move so fast. Kinda felt bad that he didnt have any clear cut chances. You remember against Swansea last year when he was starting to look threatening and then he got sent off? Hope we dont have a repeat in some form. 

he definitely seemed more aggressive. I was watching on some random stream channel today and I saw a figure speed down into the corner flag, that figure was Torres. Never seen him move so fast. Kinda felt bad that he didnt have any clear cut chances. You remember against Swansea last year when he was starting to look threatening and then he got sent off? Hope we dont have a repeat in some form. 

Yer we never really made there keeper work today. Was good to see torres hassling there defence and looking up for it though. I have defended him in the past when many others didn't because of that very reason but for 2 or 3 months this season I stopped because he just didn't look interested. Hope he carries it on and gets some crucial goals.

A great performance? Dearie me. How easily some are pleased when it comes to our no: 9.

He injected some life into a very sterile performance but as so often in the past, all the good work he did came from wide areas. He did absolutely nothing centrally. In fact he was very rarely there.

didnt think he was that great to be honest, put himself about which should be the bear minimum than smashed a shot about 15 yards wide in injury time.

to be fair ba wasnt much better however the service today was awful. how oscar got 90 mins is beyond me, and that was probably matas worse game this season.

still 3 points in bag.

Lets be honest here - the only reason he is putting in a shift now, chasing down balls hard, busting his ass, beginning to resemble a Chelsea player is because the season is almost over and he has done basically nothing all year.

He is scared that he will be sent packing to a lesser club and he knows himself he'll get paid significantly less.

I think some have bought far too much into his 'honest' interview. He is looking out for himself. He is the one who stands to lose out, not us.

A great performance? Dearie me. How easily some are pleased when it comes to our no: 9.

He injected some life into a very sterile performance but as so often in the past, all the good work he did came from wide areas. He did absolutely nothing centrally. In fact he was very rarely there.

What the hell do you expect of him? He came on assisted the goal made our attacking look better and was totally dried of service towards end of the game as everyone was complely knackered. As average he's been great in the last two games. If he keeps this form on we are going to make CL and possibly get a cup. We need this Torres. Be more positive Just. Getting old??

Lets be honest here - the only reason he is putting in a shift now, chasing down balls hard, busting his ass, beginning to resemble a Chelsea player is because the season is almost over and he has done basically nothing all year.

He is scared that he will be sent packing to a lesser club and he knows himself he'll get paid significantly less.

I think some have bought far too much into his 'honest' interview. He is looking out for himself. He is the one who stands to lose out, not us.

What a load of nonsense....He has a contract with Chelsea, one which the club were happy to give him. If he doesnt want to move or take a pay cut then he has no need to do so. Nothing to be scared about.

Looked a lot more positive when he came on yesterday than he usually does, did very well for the equaliser. 

The shot towards the end of the game was pretty shabby though and it got me thinking, how many of his goals have been scored outside of the area?