Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Will actually be interesting to see if Suarez gets his move to Arsenal and goes s**t. Liverpool may be a mid table side now but they certainly do have a knack of producing goalscorers, you have to give them that.

Yh Andy Carroll and Dirk Kuyt were amazing.

Will actually be interesting to see if Suarez gets his move to Arsenal and goes s**t. Liverpool may be a mid table side now but they certainly do have a knack of producing goalscorers, you have to give them that.

Sorry but I don't think suarez and torres were produced by liverpool

Do they? Along with the likes of suarez and torres let's not forget the likes of carroll, voronin and ngog.

Voronin cost nothing and Ngog was a youngster, Di Santo was more expensive than Ngog.Carroll yes agreed was terrible but was a panic buy.Suarez and Torres were excellent buys and made a huge profit on Torres and could also do the same with Suarez.

<a id="cke_54" class="cke_off cke_button_justifycenter" "="" href="javascript:void('Center')" title="Center" tabindex="-1" hidefocus="true" role="button" aria-labelledby="cke_54_label" onkeypress="return false;" onkeydown="return CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(103, event);" onfocus="return CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(104, event);" onclick="CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(105, this); return false;" unselectable="on">Both pretty poor then

<a id="cke_54" class="cke_off cke_button_justifycenter" "="" href="javascript:void('Center')" title="Center" tabindex="-1" hidefocus="true" role="button" aria-labelledby="cke_54_label" onkeypress="return false;" onkeydown="return CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(103, event);" onfocus="return CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(104, event);" onclick="CKEDITOR.tools.callFunction(105, this); return false;" unselectable="on">Both pretty poor then

i agree with that

Yh Andy Carroll and Dirk Kuyt were amazing.

Again with this sarcasm, I really don't love it.

I'm not talking about the likes of those strikers. I mean players that they had in the past like John Barnes, Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler etc. Then they had Torres and now Suarez. They all scored goal after goal after goal at Liverpool then once they left they didn't have so great a time. They didn't go s**t or anything but they weren't as prolific elsewhere as they were for Liverpool. I don't know why that is.

Sorry but I don't think suarez and torres were produced by liverpool

Yeah I know, but Torres was never prolific at Atletico. He was a very good player, but he was a 15-20 goal a season striker. In his first season at Liverpool, didn't Torres score something stupid like 35 goals or something? Same with Suarez. They had their best seasons in a red shirt. It's a pity we're likely not going to see Torres bang in over 30 in a season for us. It could still happen but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I know what the poster meant though,in terms of buying strikers they seem to have a very good track record.

Thank you. I know they made some utter tomt*t signings like Voronin and Carroll, but for the most part they were great players. I'm a scouser and my dad is a huge Liverpool supporter so I grew up knowing all this stuff even if my preference was for Chelsea.

Again with this sarcasm, I really don't love it.

I'm not talking about the likes of those strikers. I mean players that they had in the past like John Barnes, Ian Rush, Michael Owen, Robbie Fowler etc. Then they had Torres and now Suarez. They all scored goal after goal after goal at Liverpool then once they left they didn't have so great a time. They didn't go s**t or anything but they weren't as prolific elsewhere as they were for Liverpool. I don't know why that is.

Wasn't a striker.

I found this little video, showcasing the difference in approach to the game between Torres and Lukaku.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VlXJvDugCY#at=114