Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Had we hold on for 15 seconds longer last night, we would be talk abut the quality goal he scored, and a pretty good overall performance in difficult circustances. Instead, it's another meaningless goal for him and most of people here want him out by Monday.

Jamie Cragher should stop talking out of his @sshole about Torres, I'm sure he's a bitter c@nt as Torres won more trophies in 2 years at Chelsea than those good time with scousers

Where are these phanot fans that wont acknolage and whant him out...

Posters who normaly ciritise, many including my self who feel his current form is not good enough have come on and said that performance last night, that is what we expect week in week out.

Torres was decent on the night, worked hard and took the goal well, I expected more as when he starts well he gets more confident and usually has a good game, he had another decent chance that he made the room for the shot well but it went over and a greedy shot (which I was glad to see) that went wide but seemed to go off a bit after he lost the ball in their area a bit cheaply trying to dribble through a couple of defenders.

He really is a confidence player and I think he thinks on things too much, good game for him though tonight considering the arrival of Eto'o and the fact that Lukaku's little cameo didn't work out to well, early days for him though and I hope he gets a chance to put it right soon.

Torres was decent? He scored a beauty and had couple of other chances as well. He was excellent and nothing less. A game where you are pushed back by Europe's best setup and you get 1 or 2 chances. He put the other chance in and was running his arse off there. Again if Lukaku had scored that goal you'd be raving how brilliant he was on the night, am I right?

Because its who he is, when he scores a beauty,it gets a bit emotional, the Build up by Haz, great cross then Stunning finish, it's like he says "f**k all you doubters",it's still in my locker, if RVP had if scored that goal well I'll say no more.....

good, because that argument wouldn't have held up

Edited by onebelo

^ there is no "Torres back to his best" never was. As Jose explained Torres is good when he has room to run for the ball. The goal was a prime example of it. Look how well he makes his run and how well timed it is for Schurrle to cross that beauty to him. It was brilliant from Andre as well but he was in perfect spot to shoot and the shot was brillant.

In most games in Prem when we face a lower level opponent they setup the bus and we have no use with Torres. Eto'o is probably lot better in those games.

But once again Torres showed he was on top form in Europe(and by this I mean how good he was for us in the Europa).

Edited by evissy

Torres was decent? He scored a beauty and had couple of other chances as well. He was excellent and nothing less. A game where you are pushed back by Europe's best setup and you get 1 or 2 chances. He put the other chance in and was running his arse off there. Again if Lukaku had scored that goal you'd be raving how brilliant he was on the night, am I right?

Sorry mate but I worded that post exactly how I saw it.

No you're not right, I would have been happy if Lukaku scored it but I'd have only been raving about it had he delivered some Drogbaesque hold up play and a couple of assists.

He had a good game, nothing more nothing less, very good for Torres I'll grant you but its what I expect of a striker at this level not something that sadly is an exception at the moment.

This could well be true. The problem with playing counter attacking is you need to be attacked, so this wouldn't work against most of the PL teams. Against the bigger teams we can definitely do it. Personally I think a counter attack is the most beautiful thing in Football. Requires a massive amount of teamwork, speed, and accuracy to pull it off. Looks so good as well.

I didn't see alot of Mourinho's Real Madrid championship winning team who played on the counter.But what you typed above surely those same things could be said of them.Did alot of teams attack Real Madrid that season?. You would of thought it would of been the other way around apart from when playing Barca.

Edited by jack_super_class

I didn't see alot of Mourinho's Real Madrid championship winning team who played on the counter.But what you typed above surely those same things could be said of them.Did alot of teams attack Real Madrid that season?. You would of thought it would of been the other way around apart from when playing Barca.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9_rXmgIrUc

In your OPINION. I mean that respectfully but we are dealing in points of view.

if van persie scored that goal then people would be lauding over it much more because he does it on a regular basis and you're safe in the knowledge that it is pure skill whereas with torres it is fair to assume, based on his form for the past 2 and a half years, that more luck was involved and therefore it is less praise-worthy. basically 'context' is the important word here

if van persie scored that goal then people would be lauding over it much more because he does it on a regular basis and you're safe in the knowledge that it is pure skill whereas with torres it is fair to assume, based on his form for the past 2 and a half years, that more luck was involved and therefore it is less praise-worthy. basically 'context' is the important word here

I see what you mean. I wouldn't say that Torres' goal was lucky or luckier than an RVP strike. The issue of praise needn't be linked to context - imo. The skill shown in the build up to and scoring of that goal is no less for being a comparatively less common event than RVP scoring. The frequency issue is one of form it seems; as seen last evening, he hasn't lost the skill.

I see what you mean. I wouldn't say that Torres' goal was lucky or luckier than an RVP strike. The issue of praise needn't be linked to context - imo. The skill shown in the build up to and scoring of that goal is no less for being a comparatively less common event than RVP scoring. The frequency issue is one of form it seems; as seen last evening, he hasn't lost the skill.

torres scored a great goal last night but people (myself included) are more impressed of the 'worth' of a goal when it comes from a reliable source, so to speak.