Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

if van persie scored that goal then people would be lauding over it much more because he does it on a regular basis and you're safe in the knowledge that it is pure skill whereas with torres it is fair to assume, based on his form for the past 2 and a half years, that more luck was involved and therefore it is less praise-worthy. basically 'context' is the important word here

speaks volumes that the commentators were crediting it with a 'oh it must have come off of his shin'

Anybody catch Torres putting up his hands up after he scored yesterday putting up 10 fingers? He did it while running towards the bench. For Mata???

Interviewer: When you scored, it looked as if you made a gesture towards the bench. Did you hold ten fingers up? Did you dedicate your goal to Mata because of what he’s going through right now?

Fernando: Yes. He’s doing well, he’s calm, and the only thing he needs to do is to play like only he knows how. I’m confident that if he does that, everything will go back to being the way it’s supposed to be.

I'm sorry but we dont have RM quality. I get we have the wings like Hazard and others to play the role of Ronaldo and Di Maria. But, khedira is miles ahead of what we have in the midfield. His drive and passing is something we don't have. Lamps is too slow and Ramires doesn't have the passing ability. Also, I personally think Ozil is the best #10 in the world. He is better than Oscar at this point.

In your opinion..

why are you using this as a defensive stance? opinions aren't some infallible gospel. yes, i think that a striker who scores lots of goals (top quality and important ones too) on a regular basis will get more credit for his goals than a striker who sparsely scores (never mind them being good, nor important). that's the reasoning for my opinion which seems rational to me, now what reasoning are you using for your opinion?

I'm sorry but we dont have RM quality. I get we have the wings like Hazard and others to play the role of Ronaldo and Di Maria. But, khedira is miles ahead of what we have in the midfield. His drive and passing is something we don't have. Lamps is too slow and Ramires doesn't have the passing ability. Also, I personally think Ozil is the best #10 in the world. He is better than Oscar at this point.

fair enough! i didnt otherwise

why are you using this as a defensive stance? opinions aren't some infallible gospel. yes, i think that a striker who scores lots of goals (top quality and important ones too) on a regular basis will get more credit for his goals than a striker who sparsely scores (never mind them being good, nor important). that's the reasoning for my opinion which seems rational to me, now what reasoning are you using for your opinion?

For once we almost agree, someone who scores consistently good goals deserves more praise than someone who gets the odd spectacular goal.

The worry where Torres is concerned is that when he does score it tends to be spectacular, I just wish he would score more tap ins.

^ there is no "Torres back to his best" never was. As Jose explained Torres is good when he has room to run for the ball. The goal was a prime example of it. Look how well he makes his run and how well timed it is for Schurrle to cross that beauty to him. It was brilliant from Andre as well but he was in perfect spot to shoot and the shot was brillant.

In most games in Prem when we face a lower level opponent they setup the bus and we have no use with Torres. Eto'o is probably lot better in those games.

But once again Torres showed he was on top form in Europe(and by this I mean how good he was for us in the Europa).

If he stays past the window close then I say we just use him for European games and Eto'o and Lukaku for the league.

If he stays past the window close then I say we just use him for European games and Eto'o and Lukaku for the league.

Well that would be a simple enough plan. Torres in the league can also play against Tottenham and Arsenal who are always stretched...

And it is not as black and white as I explained there. We'd still be better without his as long as we have an able replacement. I think if Ba goes Torres have booked himself another year with us.

I'm starting to think Torres has a shamrock hidden up his ass.

He's managed to see off nearly every striker we've had at the club since he signed.

Can't believe we've loaned out Lukaku. We now have Torres, Ba and Eto'o to be going for the league with. Brilliant.

I'm just going to come out and ask you what everyone is thinking. Why the f**k do you have torres in your name and as your picture when all you seem to do is slag him off? Do you fancy him but think he is a a sh*t footballer or something?

I'm just going to come out and ask you what everyone is thinking. Why the f**k do you have torres in your name and as your picture when all you seem to do is slag him off? Do you fancy him but think he is a a sh*t footballer or something?

I can;t believe it!  I was just about to ask him the same thing - though I might have phrased it differently!  It does seem a trifle weird, TB9! 

Can't believe we've loaned out Lukaku. We now have Torres, Ba and Eto'o to be going for the league with. Brilliant.

What is wrong with that? I'd put Torres and Ba ahead of Lukaku at the moment anyway. He is not Chelsea quality yet.

We also have Eto'o who I would think is still a better player compared to Lukaku at the moment. Add to that, a long list of midfield scorers.

Chill!

What is wrong with that? I'd put Torres and Ba ahead of Lukaku at the moment anyway. He is not Chelsea quality yet.

We also have Eto'o who I would think is still a better player compared to Lukaku at the moment. Add to that, a long list of midfield scorers.

Chill!

I wouldnt be surprised if Lukaku scores more league goals than torres and ba combined

^ What, with 5 ?

One better than last year.

I'll take a random guess, he'll get around 15.

If his movement and positioning is consistently more selfish and central like he played against Munich then with the quality on service behind I think he will get a few.

Or I'm completely wrong and we are in for another season of excuses and hate messages.

One better than last year.

I'll take a random guess, he'll get around 15.

If his movement and positioning is consistently more selfish and central like he played against Munich then with the quality on service behind I think he will get a few.

Or I'm completely wrong and we are in for another season of excuses and hate messages.

For Torres to have any chance of scoring 15 he will need to be the undisputed first choice and im pretty sure he will behind Etoo in the pecking order. So i very much doubt he will even score 5

Edited by Lane