Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Just found out it was 2 years ago ish, and we slag Torres off with terrible abondon, but the player he is, gave me one of the most incredible moments ever watching a game, the timing, the magnitude of the game, Gary nevilles commentary, the team for him personally to score against, the sheer sheer joy, he gave every single one of us doubters will live like Drogs penalty, or Lamps goal against Bolton forever, it makes us feel inferior in a good way to now none of us could ever execute that goal against that team, he will probably leave in the summer, but the memory lingers..

That goal didnt change anything though.

Its weird that you dont seem to feel the same appreciation for Ramires, the player who scored the winning goal that night.

Edited by Lane

Yea vindicated was the word, been a hard week, was tired, had to be up at 6.00a.m, my poor excuse Moi...

Ah, these bloody predicted text things!  Should have realised that.  I was thinking I was being thick! (how could I even think of such a thing?) :happy001:

I hate to neg on Torres after a glorious win like this but I reckon he should have tucked it in himself.

Fans deserved that one goal at least for the unbelievable amount of patience with him.

if he had shot and hit Mignolet he would have been slated. He did exactly the right thing.

He did the right thing, but it still would've been nice if he did the 'wrong thing' here and scored it himself - just from a purely greedy fan point of view wanting the cake and the cherry on top.

Well in all fairness he was stood plum in the middle and Willian could have passed it back to him. Does not matter though, still a great win.

I thought it was a great gesture personally.

Willian was never going to miss and Mignolet was in front of Torres.

Torres is probably on his way to Atletico in the summer so he did that for his team-mates.

Only a few games left in the season but he's sort-of put the ghost of Anfield to rest.

I agree, tbh I was scared he was gonna mess it up at first, loved how Mignolet just stood there was Willian walked it in too. Edited by Bobbywoodhogan

I thought it was a great gesture personally.

Willian was never going to miss and Mignolet was in front of Torres.

Torres is probably on his way to Atletico in the summer so he did that for his team-mates. 

Only a few games left in the season but he's sort-of put the ghost of Anfield to rest.

Completely agree, I'm very happy he went for the unselfish option which would seal the game. I can't be the only one who had a brief flashback to his goal against Barca when he collected the ball on the halfway line, but it was like a consolation for the evaporation of his predatory instincts, having it work in our favour for once.

That said, I think my favourite part of it was that Willian even took the opportunity to timewaste a little while actually scoring the goal, hilarious stuff.

Also, don't forget Torres "kick" to time waste - so funny. No intention to play the ball, just kicked a Liverpool player. 

Surely, that alone makes him a Chelsea legend. 

Anyone got a GIF of it?

I think he kicked Skrtel, it was wonderful.