Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Especially with Luiz gone. Mikel is still around though.

We'll have to find a new scapegoat!

Torres has been a failure at the one thing he has to do on the pitch. Even when we are winning, he's terrible and misses an open goal. He's not a scapegoat.

Edited by cfc88

I'm on a few Chelsea fan groups on facebook and its amazing how much support he still has. People even want him to start the season as first choice even with Costa here! Its like the opposite of the general feeling towards him on here. Makes me think that the only reason the club may want to hold on to him is purely from a marketing standpoint.

I'm on a few Chelsea fan groups on facebook and its amazing how much support he still has. People even want him to start the season as first choice even with Costa here! Its like the opposite of the general feeling towards him on here. Makes me think that the only reason the club may want to hold on to him is purely from a marketing standpoint.

Its just a name or whatever.

Its shocking, i still have a soft spot for him... dunno why!!

Yeah, I really would love to see Torres reignite his past form, but it's never going to happen, so it's better for him to move on. I think Chelsea fans have been extremely tolerant towards him over these years, even when his confidence was gone.

Even if Torres refound his 25 year old self he wouldn't fit in to our system.

Those facebook groups are all foreign Chelsea fans from Africa and Asia mostly, they just care about their favourite stars. Just look at how many Egyptians suddenly joined the Chelsea group when we signed Salah... do they support Chelsea? No, not really.

Edited by Zeta Orionis

The problem is it's beyond a joke now ... very fine margins win games ... if the only chances of any important game fall to Torres he just cannot be relied upon or trusted ... therefore, IMO he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the first team ... or football pitch, for that matter ... Torres is consistently shocking in front of goal ... what is he doing still playing for us ... a total liability ...

Im actually not that worried about Torres this season. I think he will be used more for cup games. I think in the League Costa and Drogba will be used.

Torres is just here to see out his contract and then he will be someone elses problem.

Im actually not that worried about Torres this season. I think he will be used more for cup games. I think in the League Costa and Drogba will be used.

Torres is just here to see out his contract and then he will be someone elses problem.

This is my fear as well, watching us trot out a Drogba in the league well past his expiration date will be a sad sight