Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

To say it's a 'meteoric rise' is a bit ridiculous. I mean, their fans, excluding my own family, are deluded and do my head in, but it's not like you're talking about West Brom compared to us. Liverpool finished higher than us last season, are back in the CL (for now, of course) and have a trophy haul that is far superior to ours, unfortunately. They are even higher than us on most lists of World's Biggest Clubs and blah blah. Their fans are irritating but as for the club itself, you couldn't argue with the facts. Only thing is, we happen to be enjoying more current success than what they are, and we can actually hold onto our world class players.

Nottingham Forest have two european cups so does that make them a bigger club than us? The answer is no.

Liverpool arent bigger than us anymore. Its been 20 odd years since they last won the league. All Liverpool have is a big history. They got lucky last season but without Suarez they will not be getting that lucky again this season.

Guest RFC_CFC

What about that guy at Inter?

Adriano I think...he was a beast of a striker then suddenly turned to sh*t then dissapeared to god knows where.

What about that guy at Inter?

Adriano I think...he was a beast of a striker then suddenly turned to sh*t then dissapeared to god knows where.

He became an alcoholic when his dad died, and then struggled with weight problems. Bit of a sad story that one.

Guest RFC_CFC

Looks like Torres is here to stay. He's not going anywhere.

Who can blame him?

He is on a superstars wage and he has no chance getting even half of that elsewhere.

We are the real mugs in all of this.

Who can blame him?

He is on a superstars wage and he has no chance getting even half of that elsewhere.

We are the real mugs in all of this.

So is that how it is nowadays? We are just going to presume the club has told him to f off but he is forcing the club to keep him? So far I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case. 

Guest RFC_CFC

So is that how it is nowadays? We are just going to presume the club has told him to f off but he is forcing the club to keep him? So far I've seen nothing to suggest this is the case.

I don't remember saying that anywhere?

Guest RFC_CFC

Those exact words may not have come out of your mouth but your previous post certainly implied it.

How so?

It's a well known issue Torres wages is a major issue for any club wishing to take him.

Everyone knows we can't shift him and his time at the club has been a real failure in terms of what we thought we were getting for £50 million pounds.

I don't blame Torres for staying put is all I said

It's been reported in nearly every newspaper, radio station and online sports channel. No smoke without fire? Up to you to believe what you want I suppose, but surely you must have seen some of the reports?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/chelsea-transfer-news-blues-desperate-to-sell-fernando-torres-as-they-look-to-the-future-with-andreas-christensen-and-nathan-ake-9634991.html

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/07/30/chelsea-to-sell-petr-cech-because-no-one-wants-fernando-torres/

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/372762/EXCLUSIVE-Jose-Mourinho-wants-to-get-rid-of-Chelsea-flop-Fernando-Torres

How so?

It's a well known issue Torres wages is a major issue for any club wishing to take him.

Everyone knows we can't shift him and his time at the club has been a real failure in terms of what we thought we were getting for £50 million pounds.

I don't blame Torres for staying put is all I said

By saying you don't blame him it implies that you think the club are trying to get rid but he is having none of it but you don't blame him for doing so. Come on don't play silly buggers

Those exact words may not have come out of your mouth but your previous post certainly implied it.

think its glaringly apparent that his wages are an issue. why would we have kept him so long otherwise?! I'm sure there are some clubs that would be prepared to take him, but not at £175k per week. The majority of clubs in Europe have a cap of about £80k - isnt Kroos on less than £100k per week at real madrid?

If those are the 3 best links to support your view you could find then your struggling.  None of them have quotes saying anything of the sort. The first 2 have the same quote from mourinho saying he needs to get rid of one foreign player. So he gets rid of torres and we are sorted. But do you seriously think he would want to go into the season with drogba and costa? No he wouldn't so he would sign another striker who most probably would be foreign therefore we are back to square one.

That foreign player we get rid of is more likely to be mikel because we have enough people in that position now

Edited by Bluehatter

Nottingham Forest have two european cups so does that make them a bigger club than us? The answer is no.

Liverpool arent bigger than us anymore. Its been 20 odd years since they last won the league. All Liverpool have is a big history. They got lucky last season but without Suarez they will not be getting that lucky again this season.

Don't get me wrong here, I completely agree with you that they are knackered without Suarez and I think we are the better club in the here and now, I was just pointing out that LFC is still a massive worldwide brand in fan base and merchandising, I think they are only behind United and the two Spanish giants. I agree with the other stuff you said, completely.