Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

If those are the 3 best links to support your view you could find then your struggling.  None of them have quotes saying anything of the sort. The first 2 have the same quote from mourinho saying he needs to get rid of one foreign player. So he gets rid of torres and we are sorted. But do you seriously think he would want to go into the season with drogba and costa? No he wouldn't so he would sign another striker who most probably would be foreign therefore we are back to square one.

That foreign player we get rid of is more likely to be mikel because we have enough people in that position now

Not really struggling Bluehatter as there are loads of similar reports in all branches of the media and have been for weeks now.

If you want directly attributable quotes from the club or Jose, something along the lines of, "he is the biggest flop in transfer history, we badly want to sell him but no-one will touch him with a barge pole" that's being extremely niaeve IMO. Clubs rarely work that way and for good reasons. I don't believe there were any direct quotes from Jose or Chelsea saying they were trying to buy Fabregas, or they were prepared to sell Luiz, but there were plenty of media stories reporting that both scenarios were on the cards. Like it or not the number of reports, and the diversity of the sources, does add traction to a story and make it more likely. It may not pan out the way the stories are reported i.e. a buy or a sale, but it does normally show something is going on.

I think you may possibly be the only person left on the entire forum who still thinks Jose genuinely wants Torres in his squad. My reading of it is that Jose has most probably told the board he would really like to ship Torres out, but the board, (for the board read Roman), are stupidly insisting on getting a certain valuation on him, and that valuation is being routinely reported as £20 million which is insane given his form and ability for the past three years, not to mention his current wages! Ultimately the call here is Roman's, not Joses, and when it comes to Torres, that has always been the case.

PS: What did you make of that missed open goal on Sunday!!!!!!

Nottingham Forest have two european cups so does that make them a bigger club than us? The answer is no.

Liverpool arent bigger than us anymore. Its been 20 odd years since they last won the league. All Liverpool have is a big history. They got lucky last season but without Suarez they will not be getting that lucky again this season.

Of course they are much bigger (Pool). How much importance that has now though is a different story though. 

Edited by MANoWAR

I can't believe I have to actually explain why tbh. A chelsea fan is obviously going to have a very biased opinion as well so I'm not sure I'll get anywhere.

Go on, indulge me and explain why they are currently bigger than us

Not really struggling Bluehatter as there are loads of similar reports in all branches of the media and have been for weeks now.

If you want directly attributable quotes from the club or Jose, something along the lines of, "he is the biggest flop in transfer history, we badly want to sell him but no-one will touch him with a barge pole" that's being extremely niaeve IMO. Clubs rarely work that way and for good reasons. I don't believe there were any direct quotes from Jose or Chelsea saying they were trying to buy Fabregas, or they were prepared to sell Luiz, but there were plenty of media stories reporting that both scenarios were on the cards. Like it or not the number of reports, and the diversity of the sources, does add traction to a story and make it more likely. It may not pan out the way the stories are reported i.e. a buy or a sale, but it does normally show something is going on.

I think you may possibly be the only person left on the entire forum who still thinks Jose genuinely wants Torres in his squad. My reading of it is that Jose has most probably told the board he would really like to ship Torres out, but the board, (for the board read Roman), are stupidly insisting on getting a certain valuation on him, and that valuation is being routinely reported as £20 million which is insane given his form and ability for the past three years, not to mention his current wages! Ultimately the call here is Roman's, not Joses, and when it comes to Torres, that has always been the case.

PS: What did you make of that missed open goal on Sunday!!!!!!

Let me help explain to you how the media works. 

When a newspaper prints out a story that sounds interesting but is probably bullsh*t and they claim to have heard it from "sources" it gets attention from people like you who want to believe it is true. Then the other newspapers will print out exactly the same thing just so it shows they haven't potentially missed out on a big story.

Jose has never been quoted saying he wants to get rid of torres infact quite the opposite. I seem to remember him giving an interview at the end of last season saying he wants torres in his squad.

As for roman dictating to jose who he has in his squad or not that did make me giggle. Did roman tell jose to bring back drogba as well? This is the man who went into the biggest club in the world and dropped their hero casillas he won't be dictated to by anyone when it comes to his squad or who he plays. 

This obsession you have with torres really does need to come to an end for your own sake. I think you literally mention him in every post on every topic. I think deep down you like him really 

Torres is still here and Sturridge and Lukaku are both gone without getting 1/10 of a chance - what a frustrating situation. 

This is what pisses me off about Torres more than anything else. He's not only been a total flop on the pitch but he's also hindered and killed the Chelsea careers of two very promising strikers. 

Enough is e-god-damn-nuff, get rid of him.

Guest RFC_CFC

This is what pisses me off about Torres more than anything else. He's not only been a total flop on the pitch but he's also hindered and killed the Chelsea careers of two very promising strikers.

Enough is e-god-damn-nuff, get rid of him.

No he's not...

It is clearly the managers and owner who continue to play him and choose to sell the others who have killed those players careers here

Yep Torres has nothing to do with being picked ahead of them.

He has never made any comments about playing him or otherwise he would be devastated and become "one of those players". :laugh2:

His agents haven't been paddling dropping Drogba and playing different tactics while the Drogs was still around. 

Edited by Las7

You actually believe that bollocks?

You believe that RdM and AVB both rated Torres higher than Sturridge? 

It's pretty clear that the only person that rates Torres as a first choice striker at CFC after his first 6 months at the club was Roman and possibly the board that handled the transfer to get him in.