Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Simply out of curiosity -

If Fernando Torres woke up tomorrow and was his early-Liverpool self, would you play him over Diego Costa?

The early Liverpool Torres took the living p**s out if every defender and scored braces and back to back hat tricks consistently. I would play him over Messi. But he's gone.

The early Liverpool Torres took the living p**s out if every defender and scored braces and back to back hat tricks consistently. I would play him over Messi. But he's gone.

Like the prodigal son....he will return........................just don't know when.

Yeah that was a bad night, but we had drank a lot, and in that light she did look ok ......ish.

By the way, has Susan Boyle phoned you like she said she would.

Seemed like a good idea at the time. She did call, only to let me know shes not interested.

I personally feel only sorrow for him, it must be heart breaking for him to think of what he had & could produce on the pitch, now

no matter how hard he tries or works at, he no longer can reach those heights again, it must be so frustrating for him but he never

hides just keeps trying in his own way to become a useful member of the team, for that he has my respect.

Guest RFC_CFC

I'd not go as far to say I feel 'sorry' for him.

He's making a fortune on a superstars wage while playing like a Sunday pub league player.

It's not his fault though that he isn't the same player as he was at Liverpool, we made the call to spend huge money on him.

Watching Torres now I truly am baffled as to how you can be such a bad footballer in every possible way. You can say he has lost a yard of pace and all that, but he cant even get close to hitting the goal these days, it just boggles the mind how you can go from smashing them in from every angle to not being able to get a shot on goal

I personally feel only sorrow for him, it must be heart breaking for him to think of what he had & could produce on the pitch, now

no matter how hard he tries or works at, he no longer can reach those heights again, it must be so frustrating for him but he never

hides just keeps trying in his own way to become a useful member of the team, for that he has my respect.

I feel mortified for him, but I don't feel SORRY for him. It's very difficult to feel sorry for someone who's raking in nearly a million quid a month.

Things a bit slow in your neck of the woods then?

Your link leads to an article thas was first published at 13:41, 5 August 2013, and last updated: 09:17, 6 August 2013, a mere 53 and a bit weeks ago. I thought you might have managed to gather a clue from the headline, which refers to Gareth Bale as a Real Madrid target.

Next up you can tell me who's going to win the 2013-2014 Premiership Title. And surely Brazil have just got to be favourites for next year's World Cup, don't you think?