Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Torres is not even in squad for game against Leicester

This is hardly surprising I've seen that 4 Italian teams and 2 Spanish teams have interest in him but obviously don't want to pay the wages. Jose said that the window for Chelsea is closed anyone think that was a bit of a fib and we could see Torres go? Who would be a good replacement?

This is hardly surprising I've seen that 4 Italian teams and 2 Spanish teams have interest in him but obviously don't want to pay the wages. Jose said that the window for Chelsea is closed anyone think that was a bit of a fib and we could see Torres go? Who would be a good replacement?

hmm not sure, it hasn't been subject to much discussion on here over the last few months.

I really don't see Torres going to Milan to be honest.

What people often forget when throwing round names of teams that players could go to is that the players need to consider what is best for their families as well. 

Torres has two young children, so I really can't see him moving to a brand new country, having to learn a new language, etc

I can only see him going back to Spain. 

Liverpool could just buy Torres back.........

I'll take the 'nutter' in part exchange no problem, maybe steal him under the noses of the scum just before he is about to sign...but...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2732704/I-m-staying-Fernando-Torres-not-interested-Italy-Chelsea-manager-Jose-Mourinho-keen-keeping-favour-striker.html

Edited by CFCCAN

Jose's comments seem more about the need for having three strikers than needing Torres.

If we can bring in another striker, reading between the lines of Jose's comments, I think he is more than open to Torres leaving.

You don't exclude a player who cost as much as Torres to have a "balanced bench".

Guest RFC_CFC

He was crying two years ago that he wouldn't be second choice striker. Now he's clearly THIRD choice, and he's okay with that, obviously. My huge respect I had for this guy is sadly dwindling. He used to bleat that money wash important to him. He's a liar.

You need to wake up to the real world mate.

I think you will find money is what's important to the majority of players.

He's not a liar, however you are a drama queen.

You need to wake up to the real world mate.

I think you will find money is what's important to the majority of players.

He's not a liar, however you are a drama queen.

Oh, I know all about the real world, mate. I know all too well money is what motivates EVERYONE, not just footballers. But what I can't stand, are people who pretend that it doesn't. Honesty's a virtue that costs nothing.

Oh, and I know I'm a Drama Queen. But I do not give a f**king s**t.

He was crying two years ago that he wouldn't be second choice striker. Now he's clearly THIRD choice, and he's okay with that, obviously. My huge respect I had for this guy is sadly dwindling. He used to bleat that money wash important to him. He's a liar.

my reading of the situation of the bench on Saturday was ---Jose wanted to give 'the Drogs' his 'homecoming' at some stage in the game....Torres will be back on bench for next weeks game...................I could be way off the mark tho

my reading of the situation of the bench on Saturday was ---Jose wanted to give 'the Drogs' his 'homecoming' at some stage in the game....Torres will be back on bench for next weeks game...................I could be way off the mark tho

What gave you that idea? Jose said that if we weren't winning he was planning to put Drogba and Costa up front together, he wasn't there purely for sentimental purposes.

i really would prefer my last abiding memory of drogs to be that night! the night! not reduced to ten minute cameos like against burnley and leicster. where he looks slow and off the pace, and just giving costa a rest! not that man. torres should be used for that. thats what he's paid 150k a week for.