Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Well this actually looks like happening now. Safe to say he hasn't been the player we all thought we were getting but he's got a few decent memories which he leaves behind. Really hope he finds his form in Milan, an in form Torres was always fun to watch (Even if he did play for that sh*t team in red).

For me:

That goal vs Barca

Getting the corner that led to the equaliser in Munich

His goal against Arsenal at the Emirates in the game we won 2-1

His Europa a League run including his goal and performance in the final

His injury time winner against City

Other than that bar a couple of goals in odd games there really wasn't enough to celebrate for a player who cost the club £50 million

Hattrick against QPR has to be up there as well!

Stay classy guys yer. Embarassing how most of you lot on here are so spoilt.

What happened to staying classy and thanking the guy for his efforts and wishing him well? Not been the striker we thought we were getting but he has helped us win the champions league and his goals won us the europa league.

You lot carry on though but you are embarrassing yourselves

Since your arrival on these forums resplendant with your Benitez and Torres Liverpool avatar you have been the embarrassment fella.

Proven constantly and utterly wrong on every facet of the Torres debate, (do you still believe Mourinho wants him?), you refuse, despite all evidence to the contrary, to admit you were wrong.

Edited by just

Should have been let go after we won the CL. 

Was going to write something longer but I'm just glad we can finally put this behind us. 

The Era-rror of Torres is over

I think this is great for the club and for the forum. 

Edited by Las7

I think he had two great moments and one great game.

The goal against Barca wasn't a winning goal but it really was a deciding, kill off the opposition goal in the most backs to the wall tense game you will ever see.

The Europa League goal against Benfica, a second rate competition agreed, but still an important win and an important goal

But his best all round display IMO was the home game against City last season. He had the usual bad miss early on but put that aside to lead the line with vigour and purpose and got the winner right at the end as reward for chasing a seemingly lost cause. If only he could have produced more performances like that this thread wouldn't exist.

But his best all round display IMO was the home game against City last season. He had the usual bad miss early on but put that aside to lead the line with vigour and purpose and got the winner right at the end as reward for chasing a seemingly lost cause.

Beat me to it.

Edited by Amputechture

Finally found a link to Arsenal goal:

Would've been great if he had scored against Pool to finish them off last year, but he made the smart and safe decision to roll it to Willian for the tap-in.

It's not what we bought him for, but I remember a time under when he was racking up a decent number of assists for Mata, especially during that 3-3 game at the Bridge.

I respect him for the Europa League run and he definitely played the biggest role in that triumph.

But let's not rewrite history regarding the Barca goal. Whilst it was symbolic and put the final nail in the pep era, all it did was deny Barca 2 minutes. Ramires' goal & our defending are what got us through. Torres actually scored because he decided to not follow orders.

Still it was a cracking memory.

I actually thought he was back after Spurs away last season, but it was just a false dawn.

A lot will be written about Torres in the coming days, but people should not let the media convince them Chelsea fans, the club or Torres are to blame. He just isn't the same player he once was. Everybody tried their best to rectify the situation but it wasn't meant to be.

For me, his best performance for us by some distance has to be against City at the Bridge last season. That 15 minute period toward the end of the first half was truly world class. No surprise it happened under Mourinho by the way.

http://vimeo.com/77971380

That was definitely his best performance, at the start of last season he actually convinced me that he could become better he was that good. He was amazing in the Spurs game as well, he literally ran through the Spurs defence about 4 times, and I'm sure he got a nutmeg on Dawson, fantastic performance. Just a shame he went downhill again later in the season, it just showed that there was just no hope for him.

Regardless of all the dreadful misses, this moment will live forever as one of the greatest moments in our history and the end of the Guardiola era. Words fail to describe it other than...'IT'S TORRES...OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH'!

Loved that goal, and presume only Mrs Neville had heard that orgasmic cry before...