Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2014/12/10/fernando-torres-set-for-january-return-to-chelsea/?

Oh. No.

AC Milan are ready to send misfiring Spaniard Fernando Torres back to Chelsea in January according to CalcioMercato.

The San Siro side are keen on signing either Liverpool’s Suso or Sampdoria forward Stefano Okaka and don’t appear to have much use for Torres, who has proven something of a failure since his move to Italy.

The 30 year old former Liverpool and Atletico Madrid man finds himself at something of a career crossroads and will be all too aware that his chances of reigniting his career at Chelsea are slim to non-existent.

Torres netted in his first start at AC Milan but has subsequently failed to net in his following eight appearances and Pippo Inzaghi appears ready to cancel his loan deal at the club.

Chelsea paid a then British record fee of £50m for Torres back in 2011 and he hasn’t come close to justifying that outlay and Roman Abramovich may well be ready to call time on the forward’s career at the west London side.

Hopefully its bollocks. They signed a 2 year loan deal didn't they?! :/

I do hope it cant be true. From what was said when he left, it was classed as a loan but actually we gave him a free transfer but called it a loan due to FFP.

If both clubs have signed a contract then could they actually send him back?

Also would he want to come back? He wouldnt get in the first team anymore. I would think he would try to find another team to go to. Not sure who would take him though.

I assume they can still cancel the loan although there is probably a significant financial break clause involved if they do. 

Torres won't be allowed back into our squad if it were to happen though as we've recruited 3 new players for that position. 

If anything it would just leave Torres in limbo until he can find a new club.

They have already comitted to his wages, its a sunken cost for them. Might as well have him stick around, I highly doubt they will let him run off somewhere to play for free.

With that said, the source CalcioMercato are merely speculating because of how incredibly sh*t he has been. 

The comments from Milan fans on that article are pretty hilarious.

"If the team actually start to play football, Torres will show himself to be a very good striker for us".

"Remember when he played with his preferred manager Benitez? He scored 22 goals that year".

"His stats shows he is more then just a pure goal scorer, he has lots of assists as well, he brings more to the table then just scoring goals."

Sounds familiar

Sounds very familiar. Whoever got Torres off the books should be given a payrise.

Thing is with Torres is that he truly believes that the problem is that he's "not loved enough" and needs to be the main man.

Milan was really his last chance, I suspect he'll probably sail off to the MLs.

Sounds very familiar. Whoever got Torres off the books should be given a payrise.

Thing is with Torres is that he truly believes that the problem is that he's "not loved enough" and needs to be the main man.

Milan was really his last chance, I suspect he'll probably sail off to the MLs.

I don't think there are many MLS teams who would want to waste one of their designated player spots on Torres. Not worth it.

As x factor touched on, IF there is a way of then cancelling the loan, they would probably be liable to pay up the 2 years worth of wages and then we would just terminate his contract.

Milan only pay part of his Chelsea wages, we do subsidise the rest. It's something like 75k of his 175k so we would need to find another club to take a chance, that or he'll become an expensive training partner for our youth players.