Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Milan only pay part of his Chelsea wages, we do subsidise the rest. It's something like 75k of his 175k so we would need to find another club to take a chance, that or he'll become an expensive training partner for our youth players.

Are you sure about this? I was ubder tge inpression that the reason he went for "free" was that we didnt need to subsidize his wages

The problem he has with America is dont they have only 3 player slots that they can pay over a wage cap? I believe this is right but correct me if this isnt the case.

But if it is then why would a team take up one of those slots for a player that just cant get the job done anymore. He might get another lower team in a lower league but really he is finished. He might as well retire.

Asked if Torres could leave Milan, Mourinho said: “No. He’s on loan for two seasons at Milan. He’s our player but he’s on loan. We have no space. We have no space for players in our list, either in the Champions League or the Premier League. That’s an impossible ‘picture’. But I have to say that nobody from Milan has made contact with us thinking about that possibility, so probably nothing is true. More than possibly, he’s happy at Milan and Milan are happy to have him.”

If we had room in the squad, I wouldn't mind him tagging along with us on our way to the league title. Just so he could show his good friend Gerrard what the winners medal looks like. :biggrin:

He would not get one, because he would never play enough matches to be eligible for a medal.

Besides he is bad luck we haven't won the League since we signed him 

Those 24 people who voted for him to stay big LOL.

We do have several people on these forums which support other teams, I think they would vote for him to stay. I would too if the tables were reversed 

Edited by Las7

Can't imagine any other player commanding 600 pages worth of interest but on it goes.

Yes, shove it up Gerrard too!

I actually really rate Gerrard as a player, he is certainly one of the best players there has been to never win a PL medal. He will never win one now, and that's a real pity for him. Had he not been threatened by gangsters etc and come to us, he would have at least two by now.

Yeah, Torres has been "unlucky" since 2011. But then again what do you expect him to say? He is hardly going to tell the press that they have signed a dud on a two year contract and they now just have to put up with him.