abramovich

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Just proves how sh*t the Spanish league is

Not really. Costa and sanchez are scoring for fun in their first season in PL, but in general the spanish teams don't use negative tactics unlike many teams here in England so more open games and opportunities to score. I think madrid ahould have started with varane tbh, that ramos and pepe partnership is not very good. Credit to Atletico though, they pretty much neutralised the whole madrid team from open play.

Edited by enigma

Not sure if you peeps follow ESPN FC here in the States, but before the 2nd Match of this Copa Del Rey tie, Craig Burley said he would get a tattoo of Torres if he score vs RM. I guess Burley is now looking for Tattoo parlors in his local area :biggrin:

Just proves how sh*t the Spanish league is

no, it just proves that football is quite an unpredictable sport and a player can do well in one team and bad in the other. It seems you forget Torres scored tons of goals with Liverpool and Diego Costa is scoring tons of gols with Chelsea. Does that means the english league is sh*t?

I do agree the Spanish League is boring because it´s too unequal, but he scored those 2 goals against Real Madrid... plus spanish teams BESIDES Real Madrid and Barcelona usually do well in the Champions League and Europa League.

In general I'd agree but this wasn't some sh*t team in the league this was the European Champs, fair play to the lad!

And they don't exactly have the best defence around. Real Madrid have an amazing attacking line up but defensively they ain't anything special.

Edited by Scott Harris

And they don't exactly have the best defence around. Real Madrid have an amazing attacking line up but defensively they ain't anything special.

C'mon Scott. Look at the facts.

Real had the best defensive record in the UCL last season on goals against per game. This season, they have the second best in the group stage (behind Monaco) ahead of our boys in blue. Also, they currently have the joint second best defense in La Liga (tied with Valencia, behind only barcelona -- atleti is 4th).

Of course, this year's stats could all change very quickly but don't just assume Madrid are poor in defense because they boast supreme attacking talent and score loads of goals.

I don't think he would celebrate...especially after all the grief he put us through.

Three years he was with us, we won the Champions League, the Europa League, and the FA Cup. I must say I'm still grieving...

I get your point, but it also proves a point that we've been spoiled rotten.

And no, he wouldn't celebrate. Anyone that has followed his career knows he wouldn't.

Edited by BlueBosnian

I really hope he doesn't get the chance to play against us. Atletico are a very very difficult team. There's more chance of us beating Barca or Real than Atleti. 

And that applies for every other team as well. Every top team wants to avoid them.