Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

On 24/03/2018 at 09:34, Argo said:

Biggest myth ever, he was always sulking and walking around the pitch without a care in the world.

Also his finest moment (at the Nou) only came about because he lost the ball and couldn't be assed to track back despite there being about 2 minutes left in the game and us needing all hands on deck.

Of course Ash won the ball back and booted it back up-field, and the rest is history, but still - he was never exactly industrious. The same can be said about Drogba for 90% of the time though to be fair, especially in his younger seasons.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

When’s he coming back?

he is not coming back to Chelsea - he only came to Chelsea to experience winning - now he will stay in Spain & visit Liverpool - I doubt he would want to live there cause he would get his house robbed every time he would leave

1 hour ago, robdog said:

he is not coming back to Chelsea - he only came to Chelsea to experience winning - now he will stay in Spain & visit Liverpool - I doubt he would want to live there cause he would get his house robbed every time he would leave

I don’t think he’s welcome there anymore. Another club that can’t show any class when a player decides they want to move on to a bigger club. Players generally feel the love at Chelsea for the rest of their lives and beyond. 

5 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Enjoy your pipe and slippers. Sadly will probably never be surpassed as my biggest ever disappointment in a signing, chipped in with a few big moments, but never lived up to his EARLY form with the dippers.

He was in decline before we signed him.

• 1 month later...
On 21/06/2019 at 18:26, robdog said:

he is not coming back to Chelsea - he only came to Chelsea to experience winning

Well he was a reigning world & european champion when he joined us. 

Only the fondest of memories about Torres.

• 1 year later...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8734963/Fernando-Torres-reveals-left-Liverpool-join-rivals-Chelsea-50m-deal-2011.html

Nice little interview with Fernando going against the Scouse gospel.

He added: 'It was maybe my fault for not being able to adapt quicker. I had really good moments but I was not consistent. And if you are not consistent at a big club like Chelsea and you are not performing every week then someone will come in and take your position.