Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

There is a thing on Skysports called ‘premier league legends’ or something featuring yes Legends, on it Torres 90% at liverpool

You watch it and remember why Roman became obsessed, he was f**king awesome, lost his pace and power, and looked like he never trusted himself again, odd sparks, but it’s a great watch if you just love football

Can't recall many Premier league moments when Torres could be described as awesome in a Chelsea shirt. Certainly didn't display much pace or power. He did look phenomenal for a couple of years with the Dippers, but it is clear that he was past his relatively brief peak when RA splurged out on him (and not on Aguero Grrrrrrrrr).

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Can't recall many Premier league moments when Torres could be described as awesome in a Chelsea shirt. Certainly didn't display much pace or power. He did look phenomenal for a couple of years with the Dippers, but it is clear that he was past his relatively brief peak when RA splurged out on him (and not on Aguero Grrrrrrrrr).

I never said he was awesome for us, his time at Liverpool was though, check my punctuation.

5 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I never said he was awesome for us, his time at Liverpool was though, check my punctuation.

Never said you did. I was just pointing out that a highlight reel of Torres's Premiership years would be unlikely to include much footage of his Chelsea years, as they were mostly a massive let-down.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Never said you did. I was just pointing out that a highlight reel of Torres's Premiership years would be unlikely to include much footage of his Chelsea years, as they were mostly a massive let-down.

He did score a few crackers, and one of the best headers i've ever seen, oh and that Barca moment.....

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

He had one against a lower table side where he toe poked the ball to the top corner.