Jump to content

Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread


abramovich
 Share

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

  1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

    • Stay
      34
    • Go
      192


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

There is a thing on Skysports called ‘premier league legends’ or something featuring yes Legends, on it Torres 90% at liverpool

You watch it and remember why Roman became obsessed, he was f**king awesome, lost his pace and power, and looked like he never trusted himself again, odd sparks, but it’s a great watch if you just love football

Can't recall many Premier league moments when Torres could be described as awesome in a Chelsea shirt. Certainly didn't display much pace or power. He did look phenomenal for a couple of years with the Dippers, but it is clear that he was past his relatively brief peak when RA splurged out on him (and not on Aguero Grrrrrrrrr).

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Can't recall many Premier league moments when Torres could be described as awesome in a Chelsea shirt. Certainly didn't display much pace or power. He did look phenomenal for a couple of years with the Dippers, but it is clear that he was past his relatively brief peak when RA splurged out on him (and not on Aguero Grrrrrrrrr).

I never said he was awesome for us, his time at Liverpool was though, check my punctuation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I never said he was awesome for us, his time at Liverpool was though, check my punctuation.

Never said you did. I was just pointing out that a highlight reel of Torres's Premiership years would be unlikely to include much footage of his Chelsea years, as they were mostly a massive let-down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Never said you did. I was just pointing out that a highlight reel of Torres's Premiership years would be unlikely to include much footage of his Chelsea years, as they were mostly a massive let-down.

He did score a few crackers, and one of the best headers i've ever seen, oh and that Barca moment.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Backbiter said:

Never said you did. I was just pointing out that a highlight reel of Torres's Premiership years would be unlikely to include much footage of his Chelsea years, as they were mostly a massive let-down.

He had one against a lower table side where he toe poked the ball to the top corner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!