Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

abramovich

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Really? Barely played under avb and under ancelotti we were sinking long before torres came in. Don't buy into it being his fault Rdm has got the boot either. The defence has had a big say in that!

He played all the time under AVB.

Really? Barely played under avb and under ancelotti we were sinking long before torres came in. Don't buy into it being his fault Rdm has got the boot either. The defence has had a big say in that!

He was brought in to score goals. He's fouled to score enough under all 3. Plus I'm angry and felt like having a moan at him.

His goal scoring record under robbie has actually been pretty good. Anyway it's a team game ffs what about luiz? Cahill? Ivanovic?

Fair point. I would add Ramires and Mikel to that list. But Fernando has been poor for a few weeks now. Which has happened far too often since we signed him.

Will Torres be any better under Benitez, that's the big question?

Who cares about Torres - just lock up this thread.

Even if Jesus Christ descends from the heavens and performs and exorcism Torres would still not be good enough - and that fat waiter better stay the f**k away .

Get this liability out of my club. Tell me how exactly we can justify sacking Roberto Di Matteo for not doing his job to an adequate standard while we have been employing Fernando Torres for three years. He is lazy, he is wasteful, he is self-centred, and he is a drain on the team.

Yup it's all torres fault isn't it. And three years? Not even been 2 years yet you clown!

And remind me what they won together at Liverpool ? .....Z E R O !

how is that relevant? he won the champions league with smicer and harry kewel, does that mean that they are some kind of unstoppable powerhouse of players? your logic is flawed

Yup it's all torres fault isn't it. And three years? Not even been 2 years yet you clown!

My mistake, with the number of managers we've had I assumed it must have been three years.

And if you are asking me if I am holding a man responsible for being completely and utterly incapable of doing even the bare minimum asked of him, then yes I am.

My mistake, with the number of managers we've had I assumed it must have been three years.

And if you are asking me if I am holding a man responsible for being completely and utterly incapable of doing even the bare minimum asked of him, then yes I am.

We did well last night without didn't we. The blame will lie and torres feet simply because of the pricetag but the truth is the defence this season has let Rdm down badly. That includes cole btw!

We did well last night without didn't we. The blame will lie and torres feet simply because of the pricetag but the truth is the defence this season has let Rdm down badly. That includes cole btw!

I think last night showed the extent to which we had to improvise tactically in order to cover the enormous hole left in our squad by Torres' incompetence. With the ambitious football we have been playing (which, from all the noises coming from the club, is an order right from the very top) it isn't surprising that we have struggled to defend the flanks. Frankly Robbie did the best he could with the players at his disposal. I'm not going to pretend that the blame rests entirely with Torres (although to be honest that does smack of you putting words in my mouth), but as far as personnel problems go, he is certainly the biggest.

I think last night showed the extent to which we had to improvise tactically in order to cover the enormous hole left in our squad by Torres' incompetence. With the ambitious football we have been playing (which, from all the noises coming from the club, is an order right from the very top) it isn't surprising that we have struggled to defend the flanks. Frankly Robbie did the best he could with the players at his disposal. I'm not going to pretend that the blame rests entirely with Torres (although to be honest that does smack of you putting words in my mouth), but as far as personnel problems go, he is certainly the biggest.

Exactly, great post.

Torres is a bad apple in what I think is a pretty good bunch, in terms of morale etc he doesn't seem like he has good relationships with the players, for example when Hazard scored saturday, he looked like he couldnt care less and that I think is the problem.

The game last night for example... did he even touch the ball when he came on ?

Sulking throughout and head down all the time, how can he have the arrogance to behave like that after he has failed on so many levels.

The sooner we get rid of him and get a Striker in like Falcao or Suarez (imo the best two lone strikers in the game currently), unfortunately, we won't win anything....

Exactly, great post.

Torres is a bad apple in what I think is a pretty good bunch, in terms of morale etc he doesn't seem like he has good relationships with the players, for example when Hazard scored saturday, he looked like he couldnt care less and that I think is the problem.

The game last night for example... did he even touch the ball when he came on ?

Sulking throughout and head down all the time, how can he have the arrogance to behave like that after he has failed on so many levels.

I think he is on his way out so has no motivation same for Danny I believe.

One thing he cannot say is that the majority of us have not been behind him for a very long time, he can only look at himself.

I think he is on his way out so has no motivation same for Danny I believe.

Lump Danny together with Torres why don't cha, especially after he got injured Monday and must've been devastated when he probably felt he would be getting a his first start in a major game up top against Juve

/rant

Edited by Las7

off topic but was Danny really injured or did he huff too when he was told he wasn't starting.......just a thought!!

Torres looks totally dejected, (i have backed him all the way previously but can't anymore) its as if he knows the passes are not gonna come and so seems a yard off pace, one touch stuff that the three amigos have between them just seems beyond him now....up to this he was working his nuts off but it wasn't happening..i feel even that is too much any more

if both him and Danny are off come January/Summer...Roman will have to dig deep again but with prob no champs lge money to off set

Would you agree or disagree with the opinion that the defence has been the major issue this season. Whenever we have played our strongest attack which in my opinion involves torres we don't look like we are going to struggle to score. Torres may not get the amount of goals you'd hope he would get but when he plays the 3 behind him seem to play well. We look like conceding in every game we play but yet it is our forward who takes the most flack.

Lump Danny together with Torres why don't cha, especially after he got injured Monday and must've been devastated when he probably felt he would be getting a his first start in a major game up top against Juve

/rant

Oh yeah sorry Danny is the answer to our problems up front.

Actually nah I don't believe that and secondly the guys attitude stinks, at least Torres had been trying until recently.