Chelsea v Manchester United (PL) 28/10/12 KO 16:00 BST

Myles_91

Not seen a match thread for this one yet so I thought I'd start one. What a massive game this is!! City in all likelihood will beat Swansea with ease it's a chance to extend our lead over United by 7 points and go 4 clear (at least) of City.

I may end up eating my words but for me, this United side are there for the taking. I've not been impressed by them in any of their away games so far. Both Southampton and Liverpool should have beaten them and I think they are overdue a loss. Rio and Evans are poor and I can see us brutally exposing them if we play like we did at Spurs. My only worry is Luiz who once again seems to be the weak link in the chain. He was at fault for both of our goals on Saturday and RVP is as good as there is at playing off the gaps in between the CB's. We saw that for ourselves last season when Arsenal beat us 5-3 at the Bridge with him grabbing a hattrick (albeit two of the goals were horrendous errors).

I'd stick with the same team that beat Spurs ( no injuries permitting touch wood) so:

221012100449.png'

Refereeing appointments are announced today so fingers crossed for a decent appointment, we saw for ourselves in both league games v this lot no matter how well we play the officials will always be on their side to screw us over. But for incompetent officiating we'd have taken at least 4 points off this lot last season with an inferior squad so with a better squad this year and key players out for them at the back I'm optimistic we can keep our good run going. Got a feeling it might be Webb again though which will upset many. As long as we don't get Dowd or Foy I'll be happy.

COYB! ::ChELSeAFaN::

Three reasons why we have to win this:

1: Extra confidence. If we win this we will get extra confidence boost and the ManU points makes you a real tittle contendor.

2: Winning the League. We know how we are and we know that we often fall towards November-December. This is a must win if we want to win the League!

3: Dodging media bullets. If we lose this media will make fun of us like they always do and even if we are unbeaten now. I just hate the whole media thing and this will shut their mouths.

My two wishes:

1: We win.

2: Howard Webb is on vacation on the other side of the world.

Bring it on!

Tottenham away 3 pts and now Man Utd at home, getting 4 pts in these 2 fixtures is more then good enough but I really fancy our chances in this one.

If we manage a win here then that would be absolutely fantastic, will be a really tough game but I was really worried more about the Tottenham game for some reason. We done them at the Bridge plenty of times, lets do it again.

I'm confident going into this, United have looked VERY shakey at the back and their midfield is not what it once was. The loss of JT might hurt us when we're up against Van Persie (Rooney to a lesser extent) but I can see us getting the 3 points.

I'm leaning towards either a Chelsea win or a close draw, I don't see us keeping a clean sheet against United but I'd settle for the 1 point if we had to take it.

Oh yeah, It'd be nice if everyone showed some decency towards Rio Ferdinand when he's at the bridge. I don't rate the guy myself but if we keep drawing attention to the scandal then it's never going to go away. Us taking the moral high ground when United come to the Bridge might help simmer things down a bit.

Food for thought.

Edited by Lyncath

Both teams have such an extraordinary level of attacking talent that anything could happen in this match. The team lineup basically writes itself with the Terry suspension so I expect the same team that started vs spuds.

We win this and we open up a 7point gap already!! That is certainly not insurmountable but that is a huge advantage for this stage of the season. They do worry me that despite some rather average performances they have been picking up the points but we can certainly out an end to that

They have the more comprehensive strike force; we have a far superior midfield and a better defence. Either way, there will be goals. If Mata and co. play like they did against Tottenham, their defence won't stand a chance.

I want us to win this really, REALLY badly.

Quite worried about this now. Really depends on which CHelsea turns up. The team who beat the likes of Arsenal and Newcastle. The team who turned up at the start of the 2nd half against Spurs. The one who appeared towards the end of that game. Or the one who turned up today.