UEFA Team of the year 2006

Team of 2006: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus); Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Carles Puyol (Barcelona), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich); Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Cesc Fabregas (Arsenal); Kaka (Milan); Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Thierry Henry (Arsenal), Samuel Eto?o (Barcelona)

Supprised not see a single Chelsea or United player in there, i'd have of thought to see C. Ronaldo & J. Terry included in the team.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_ ... an19j.html

Team of 2006: Gianluigi Buffon (Juventus); Gianluca Zambrotta (Barcelona), Fabio Cannavaro (Real Madrid), John Terry(chelsea), Philipp Lahm (Bayern Munich);Michael Essein (chelsea), Christiano Ronaldo (Man Utd); Kaka (Milan); Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Samual Eto'o(Barcalona), Didier Drogba(chelsea)

I would have said my list was more like it icon_wink.gif no Bias here then icon_lol.gif

And i agree C.Ronaldo is the inform star at the moment too . so it begs the question , who compiles this stuff ?

The only reason Ronaldo is in such 'good form' is that defenders know that if they get within five yards of him, he'll go down like a shot deer. It's quite easy to run past defenders when you know they're not going to even attempt to challenge you. I'd rate him if he didn't dive so much, but he's the second worst cheat in the game, just behind Deco. What is it with the Portugeuse? w**k2.gif

I've just got up and want a smoke, which may be making me a bit grumpy

Archived