Ljajic

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

That's pathetic.

Yep, I'm Serbian so I would know. He didn't want to sing it because he's a confessed Muslim apparently. It's a shame because we could use a player like him in the national team.

Anyhow, I don't really see how he would fit into Chelsea right now, or why we'd need him at all. He seems to mainly be a support striker or attacking midfielder (http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/11/13/milan-1-3-fiorentina-tactics/), of which we have plenty. Now Jovetic from Fiorentina, he'd be a much better choice but I don't see him coming here with his most likely destination being Juve.

Yep, I'm Serbian so I would know. He didn't want to sing it because he's a confessed Muslim apparently. It's a shame because we could use a player like him in the national team.

Anyhow, I don't really see how he would fit into Chelsea right now, or why we'd need him at all. He seems to mainly be a support striker or attacking midfielder (http://www.zonalmark...entina-tactics/), of which we have plenty. Now Jovetic from Fiorentina, he'd be a much better choice but I don't see him coming here with his most likely destination being Juve.

When will this stop? That's the reason you and me hate each other to be honest(you and me = our nations).

When will this stop? That's the reason you and me hate each other to be honest(you and me = our nations).

Religion is a tiny fraction of the reason things are the way they are in your part of the world.

Back to Ljajic, it seems trouble follows him. I remember when Man Ure bought an option on him and then let it lapse because they didn't think he was good enough. Since then, he's been attacked by his manager and refused to sing his nation's anthem. I'd rather avoid drama queens, especially when they aren't that talented.

Edited by That Boy Brandinho

Anyhow, I don't really see how he would fit into Chelsea right now, or why we'd need him at all. He seems to mainly be a support striker or attacking midfielder (http://www.zonalmark...entina-tactics/), of which we have plenty. Now Jovetic from Fiorentina, he'd be a much better choice but I don't see him coming here with his most likely destination being Juve.

I agree, Jovetic would be much better choice. He and Falcao would be superb for us. Jovetic is all-round striker and Falcao is just the best at the moment so we can use them very wisely tactically.

• 1 month later...

I would say no for several reasons:

1) Aforementioned problems with managers - the Delio Rossi incident was well-documented, even on here

2) He lacks an end product: he is a good dribbler and is able to weave his way past opponents, but he lacks the good finish, cross or pass. He's also quite selfish: it's not uncommon for him to take on several men and then blast a shot wide of the goal from outside the box 

3) I think he needs to last on the pitch for a bit longer before he considers playing in the EPL. The EPL's quick tempo will wear him down far quicker than Serie A will. 

I would say no for several reasons:

1) Aforementioned problems with managers - the Delio Rossi incident was well-documented, even on here

managers? really, plural? and the sarcastic clap that set off delio rossi can be seen every week in the premiership

managers? really, plural? and the sarcastic clap that set off delio rossi can be seen every week in the premiership

He had problems with Mihajlovic as well - although admittedly Mihajlovic isn't hard to set off. 

However, up until snapping, Delio Rossi was seen as relatively mild-mannered. 

• 4 months later...

He had problems with Mihajlovic as well - although admittedly Mihajlovic isn't hard to set off. 

However, up until snapping, Delio Rossi was seen as relatively mild-mannered. 

whoever has problems with mihajlovic is funny in my book. id be wary of the ones hes being chummy with

He's improved markedly as a player IMO. His finishing has improved and he's become a genuinely dangerous FK taker. I still don't think he can handle the PL, though. 

Yeah, Mihajlovic is a knob - no arguments there. 

Fiorentina needed to win today to have a chance of getting CL football (which they didn't get because of Milan's dramtic win) and it was Ljajic who took the game by the neck and scored the important goals, and not their main man Jovetic, he's got minerals alright, took the initiative. Looked good all day even if Pescara were piss poor. All adding steam to the rumour mill now.

Knowing the situation very well, he is getting some criticism here from people either not knowing or just telling half the story. As for the Rossi incident, if any of you watched the clip on YouTube you would see that it was Rossi who made the mistake and not Ljajic. That is why Fiorentina made him leave instead of Ljajic, and Ljajic then became a fan favorite. And as far as Mihajlovic goes, the Serbian fans here will tell you how highly they think of his coaching skills. But even that has nothing to do with the fact that he's not playing for the national team... He's not playing because of a BIZZARE rule by Mihajlovic that you have to sing the national anthem loud and clear, no matter how great or poorly you perform on the pitch. Ljajic is their best striker, but since he "doesn't sing well", he's not playing. But that is the Balkans for you, and unless you experience the madness you'll never understand...

But anyway, looks like he'll be going to Juve.

I don't want more serbs here. My opinion is bias so don't mind me.

That's really a dumb rule by you, but okay, but I just had to let you know that Ljajic is Bosnian from Serbia, just like Ibrahimovic is Bosnian from Sweden.

Up until recently your countrymen (people of Kosovo) would be classified as 'Serbian' as well, so you should know the difference and know better if others don't.  :wink:

The reason he isn't playing for Serbia is because he refused to sing the Serbian anthem because he says he plays for a country in which he was born, but the anthem isn't his anthem. That should tell you "how much Serbian he is".

Edited by BlueBosnian

I'm sorry but the whole national anthem thing is something everyone outside of the balkan region will NOT understand. Ljajic is a excelent player and its a shame for him to go to waste and not play for Serbia or Bosnia.