Week of hell

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Awful at the weekend

Awful in the champions league

Injuries

Well liked manager undeservedly/prematurely sacked

A new manager who lots of Chelsea fans really don't like.

Clattenburg being cleared and now press and pundits will be calling (even more) for blood.

This week looks set to outdo Ovebro for being an extreme low point. All this going on and Man City coming up.

All well and good saying to do a media blackout but this is going to go on for weeks and sports news is so prevalent everywhere, it's near impossible to avoid exposure. Only takes a half second glance at a headline when entering tescos to drag you down again.

Worst week in club history? A candidate for sure.

We're like the most hated club in the world right about now.

You are probably right and i am not happy about the reputation of our club right now. The thing i worry about is scaring players off and they choose other clubs over us, it wouldn't surprise me if this happened.

The last few days have felt rather strange. I have this constant feeling of anger and frustration.

RDM's sacking is probably one of the most unjust sackings of all time, and that's saying a lot with an owner like Roman. The whole footballing world is in shock and rightly so. Somebody needs to tell Abramovich that managers don't deserve a sacking after a month of bad games. Look at managers such as Wenger and SAF. They have been at their clubs for years now and they haven't been sacked yet. But the times haven't always been glorified for them. It's becoming ridiculous. Sure, some of our managers have been jacksh*t but that's no good reason to sack a club legend, loved by all the fans, 6 months after he turned our season around and led us to winning the FA Cup and CL. I can't help with agree with what Wenger said on the sacking, 'RDM was given no time to prove himself as a manager and I cannot understand the reason behind why he was sacked.' He pretty much read my mind by saying that. I think he read every single fans mind. The thing that shocks me most is the fact that RDM was sacked before Mark Hughes.

Benitez getting appointed is the equivalent of every member of the board personally punching every single Chelsea fan in the gut. Perhaps even worse. I think I speak for 99% of the fans when I say that he is a symbol of hate for the fans at Chelsea football club. Even if he does do a good job it's not going to make it much better. Him getting hired is just a last gasp gamble by Abramovich to get Torres firing again, which for the record isn't going to happen. We've changed our whole god damn team to get him scoring again and nothings happening. Even with hundreds (if not thousands) of chances coming his way every game he still cannot score consistently. Abramovich needs to wake up from his Torres love dream and realise that it's not going to happen or there will be no goalscorer in this team.

To top it all of the Fergie Association has now tried to charge Mikel with using abusive language, completely turning the investigation on it's head. It seems like the FA just dump all of their sh*t onto us. What if Mikel actually did think he had heard something? I'm pretty sure Mikel would not lie. After every match he never looks truly frustrated unless something extremely bad has gone on. After that game you could see he looked visibly angry. Players like him don't storm into the referees room for no reason. I guess we'll never know what actually happened.

The media are continuing to make us look like a shambles and it's become embarrassing over the last couple of years. The board and owner need an extreme wake up and I can't help but feeling that it will come on Sunday. It has to. Probably one of the lowest points in our history and it doesn't seem to be improving.

Give em hell.

Edited by omnidroid70

Not even close for me:

Matthew Harding Passing away tops it for sure - maybe also the Death of Ossy, Hutch, Rocky?

Losing to spurs in 67 cup final?

Relegation in 75 after losing to Spuds?

94 cup final? So long, so hopeful and screwed by a dodgy ref.

That is without the Champ league losses, Jose getting sacked etc....

We're like the most hated club in the world right about now.

I'd say we're more accurately the laughing stock of the world. Being run by a bunch of people so out of touch you have to wonder what reality they are living in.

Perhaps in future years we will look fondly back on the appointment of Benitez after he leads us to glory. At least I hope so. Need to look on the positive side of life.

I think all the football clubs going bankrupt trumps this week. At least we're still swimming in money.

Edited by DansGame33

Perhaps in future years we will look fondly back on the appointment of Benitez after he leads us to glory. At least I hope so. Need to look on the positive side of life.

I think all the football clubs going bankrupt trumps this week. At least we're still swimming in money.

I can't help but laughing when i see Benitez in the Chelsea coat topped off by this guy being banned, what else can i do? Such a bizarre and redicolous week in our history it feels like a weird dream...

I think the biggest slap-to-the-face is the FA charging Mikel.

What kind of message does that send to other African and/or Foreign players: Unless you play for Mancheater United or are related to one of their players shut the f**k up or we're going to ruin you?

I think the biggest slap-to-the-face is the FA charging Mikel.

What kind of message does that send to other African and/or Foreign players: Unless you play for Mancheater United or are related to one of their players shut the f**k up or we're going to ruin you?

To be fair, he's being charged for abusive language directed towards Clattenburg after the match had ended, not for making allegations of misconduct. Of course, the fact that they're charging Mikel for abusive language and not Anton Ferdinand is patently absurd.

To be fair, he's being charged for abusive language directed towards Clattenburg after the match had ended, not for making allegations of misconduct. Of course, the fact that they're charging Mikel for abusive language and not Anton Ferdinand is patently absurd.

nor for anton ferdinands admitted elbows to jt's head.

The worst bit is C*ntenberg is going to sue Chelsea for harming his reputation (when he did that all by himself on live TV). He'll get a few hundred thousand out of that. Crime pays I guess.

The best bit is that, having been involved in a legal case against us for personal and professional reasons, you'd hope that the FA would never let him near another Chelsea game for fear of bias.

Every cloud has a silver lining...

Edited by It_Dont_Mata

The worst bit is C*ntenberg is going to sue Chelsea for harming his reputation (when he did that all by himself on live TV). He'll get a few hundred thousand out of that. Crime pays I guess.

The best bit is that, having been involved in a legal case against us for personal and professional reasons, you'd hope that the FA would never let him near another Chelsea game for fear of bias.

In fact I'd argue that if he sues us, then he wouldn't be able to ref any of our rivals as he may show them a bias in their favour to affect us!

Clatenburg and the rest of the refs need to move on, the complaint was made in good faith, the proper investigation has taken place and their is no case to answer, lets get on with our lives!

its not the best week that's for sure. It feels like a tipping point for me having supported and defended the club, having blind faith through everything that's gone on in the last few years and this week realising I just don't like the football club any more and how we, the fans who have been here a long old time are just not important and get treated like sh1t. I'll never stop wanting the team to win but I don't care for the club or those running it any more and I don't think I'm the only one.

Therese best bit is that, having been involved in a legal case against us for personal and professional reasons, you'd hope that the FA would never let him near another Chelsea game for fear of bias.

First off, Clattenburg is not suing Chelsea even though he has pretty strong ground to do so. It was Chelsea who lodged the complaint publicly with the FA and probably should have handled this situation with much more care. Going public lodging a complaint on a ref who cost the club arguably 3 points or definitely a point immediately afterward was ridiculous. Having the complaint stem from someone with poor English only throws fuel on the fire. I blame the top brass here for not thinking all of this through. Making the complaint public instantly put the club in a terrible situation. The fact that this all went down and appeared not to be thought out only adds to the lack of credibility the administration has for the club. After this week, it is completely validated as fact. Listen to the player, lodge a complaint, but ffs, no need to go out and make it a public hanging.

Back to Clattenburg, yeah he could sue for defamation but clearly the man is taking the higher road and wants this put behind him. Can't say I blame him either... His reputation and livliehood was on the line, not to mentioned smeared all over the news globally.

Certainly no need to attack him on this site... What has he done wrong? Apart from a few questionable calls? Certainly not grounds to publicly ridicule the man himself. And really the linesman got it all wrong with the blown offsides call anyway...

First off, Clattenburg is not suing Chelsea even though he has pretty strong ground to do so. It was Chelsea who lodged the complaint publicly with the FA and probably should have handled this situation with much more care. Going public lodging a complaint on a ref who cost the club arguably 3 points or definitely a point immediately afterward was ridiculous. Having the complaint stem from someone with poor English only throws fuel on the fire. I blame the top brass here for not thinking all of this through. Making the complaint public instantly put the club in a terrible situation. The fact that this all went down and appeared not to be thought out only adds to the lack of credibility the administration has for the club. After this week, it is completely validated as fact. Listen to the player, lodge a complaint, but ffs, no need to go out and make it a public hanging.

Back to Clattenburg, yeah he could sue for defamation but clearly the man is taking the higher road and wants this put behind him. Can't say I blame him either... His reputation and livliehood was on the line, not to mentioned smeared all over the news globally.

Certainly no need to attack him on this site... What has he done wrong? Apart from a few questionable calls? Certainly not grounds to publicly ridicule the man himself. And really the linesman got it all wrong with the blown offsides call anyway...

I may be being stupid here but what grounds does he have to sue us?

I may be being stupid here but what grounds does he have to sue us?

I'm certainly not an attorney but I would think he has grounds to sue for defamation of character and/or slander? Not on the accusation but the fact that Chelsea supposedly went public with this instead of simply reporting it to the FA...