Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lofty.

Rangers vs Montrose (SFL 3rd) 15/12/2012 KO 12:30 GMT

After an initial shaky run of away form, Rangers now look to be getting into their stride, currently sitting on top of SFL Division three, a single point clear of Elgin but having played two fewer games.

Montrose are themselves currently fourth in the table and have a decent, if not spectacular home record. Formwise, Rangers have won their last five games, Montrose are unbeaten in six, having won four and drawn two.

sfl31212.jpg

I bet the Gers fans are having the time of their lives in Division 3, going to all these new opposition sides and standing on the terraces. And it works well the other way too, would Annan Athletic have dreamt of playing a league fixture in front of 45,000+ fans this time last year?

I for one am not missing the SPL one single bit.

I'm really enjoying Rangers in Div 3.

Looking forward to Queens Park away at Hampden in a few weeks time. The original Glasgow Derby.

I'll bet Montrose bank manager is looking forward to Rangers visit tomorrow.

Its on espn for anybody interested.

I love seeing the Fans still show out in force for these games, certainly can't say they are plastics. There was a game in Scotland that the SFA cancelled recently because the ticket office had accidentally sold 1,000 extra tickets and they were concerned for fan safety at the ground.

Up To Our Knees In Division Three

I... what? I never even knew Rangers were in division 3 until I read this thread.

I also didn't know that on The Shed End forum we had a Rangers section...(yes, I know there's a lot of good history between the clubs, but really?)

I... what? I never even knew Rangers were in division 3 until I read this thread.

I also didn't know that on The Shed End forum we had a Rangers section...(yes, I know there's a lot of good history between the clubs, but really?)

This section's only been in existence for a couple of days.

I suggested it as a possibility in the Rangers/Chelsea thread, which at the time was in the Match Chat forum. Rangers related threads were also appearing in the Football and General sections. And so after giving the matter some thought, Loz decided to set up this sub-forum (note it's in the non-Chelsea football section) on a trial basis, and to quote loz, again in the Rangers/Chelsea thread: "if it doesn't take off we could just merge it back in with the football forum"

At the moment it's only visible to logged in members, and even if it were public, it's hardly likely to take over the site. It'll hopefully just be enough to prompt the addition of a little more Rangers related news, match reports and the like, for those of us with an interest in both teams.

Still no confirmed team news that I know of. Rangers squad as follows:

Rangers squad: Alexander, Cribari, Wallace, Perry, MacLeod, Shiels, Crawford, Black, McCulloch, Sandaza, Faure, McKay, Kyle, Gallacher, Hegarty, Naismith, Argyriou, Stella.

Looks a familiar pattern of Rangers away games this season. For the opposition, it's their Cup Final and so they inevitably raise their game accordingly. It's not unexpected when Rangers go behind to an early goal because of their youth and inexperience. But they do have a quality that will eventually show through.

Good game to watch though, not a foregone conclusion by any means.

Two goals in quick succession, Rangers now 3-1 up. I don't want to speak too soon but I can't see Montrose coming back from this. Should be another three points in the bag.

And as I write, Montrose pull one back, and only the woodwork prevents an equaliser. Me and my big mouth - I really should know better!

Love that stadium! If Montrose put a dodgy cross over they'll have to go round and knock on the neighbours door - "can we have oor ball back please, missus?"

Hahaha!  Yes mate, that is the joy and nuances that you get in these lower level matches.

I remember reading (might even have been a post of your own) about a Chelsea game where there was a river near the end Chelsea were in and the team had about 2 footballs to play with, so if a clearance got over hit it'd go down into the river, and a groundskeeper would have to wade into this freezing river to get the ball back.

then, every time the ball went in among the Chelsea they'd hoof it along to a bloke at the end nearest the river, who'd then punt the ball in there much to the rapturous applause of the Chelsea fans, and the disdain of the soaked groundskeeper.