Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest RFC_CFC

Young Ranger Coming of Age

Guest RFC_CFC

LEWIS Macleod picked up an early Christmas gift from the Scottish Football League this week when he was named Irn-Bru’s Young Player of the Month for November.

The 18-year-old midfielder, who has been with Rangers since the age of 10, travelled to Hampden to pick up his award and it caps an incredible five months for the youngster who has been an ever-present in Ally McCoist’s team this season having made 22 appearances.

He said: “I have been put in at the deep end and in the first few games I was a bit nervous. But you get experience from playing games and I am now getting used to it.

“I have been quite consistent I think and the gaffer has stuck by me so I’m delighted. I have started all of our games so far and to play in every match for Rangers – especially at Ibrox – is a dream come true.

“It’s nice to win personal awards and I’m delighted to get this one for the first time.â€

Great news, I think quite a few youngsters at Ibrox will get the chance of first-team football they never dreamed of getting this time last year. So Rangers were demoted to Division 3, but maybe every cloud has a silver lining?

Great news, I think quite a few youngsters at Ibrox will get the chance of first-team football they never dreamed of getting this time last year. So Rangers were demoted to Division 3, but maybe every cloud has a silver lining?

Youngest regular Rangers First Team since, when certainly way back in clubs history.

I'm sure these youngsters can still hardly believe at times the opportunity they now have .

one of the youngest since Coisty himself?

This is good, I also think this will be beneficial for the Scottish National team, assuming the SFA don't f**k that up too

More recognition for Rangers youngsters:

Scots Call Up For Barrie

0c57d580c89635ec467dfb3e26e69c42_XL.jpg

BARRIE McKAY has been called up by Scotland for an under-19 friendly international in Holland next week.

He would have been joined by team mate Lewis Macleod but the midfielder is anxiously waiting for a scan on his injured knee which will take place tomorrow.

McKay and Macleod played their part in helping the young Scots reach the elite round of the European Championships.

These will take place in May in Belgium and also involve England and Georgia with the winners progressing to the finals in Lithuania in July.

The 19s, bossed by Ricky Sbragia, lost 2-1 to the Dutch in a friendly at the Falkirk Stadium last September.

The return is being played in Veenendaal on Wednesday, February 6 – kick-off 6.30pm.

Meanwhile, Billy Stark will name his Scotland under-21 squad tomorrow for a friendly in Greece next week but it is unclear if any Rangers players will be involved.

Similarly Gordon Strachan is due to name his first full squad this week for the friendly with Estonia at Pittodrie on
February 6.