There is friction at chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Peter Kenyon has admitted for the first time that there is friction behind the scenes at Stamford Bridge.

Chelsea?s chief executive spoke publicly about the rift between Jose Mourinho and owner Roman Abramovich and revealed he had held talks with his unhappy team boss in an attempt to heal it.

Kenyon dismissed suggestions that Abramovich tries to influence Mourinho over incoming transfers. He said: "Jose has the final say on that. What would be the point in having it any other way?"

Link : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1779

So if Roman hasn't influenced any of Mourinho's tranfers,does that mean Jose has made some p**s poor decisions in the transfer market,Or is Kenyon talking out of his backside ?.

Sounds to me like one contradicting the other.

One question to you Chelsea fans,if someone had to go this summer who would it be.

Mourinho the manager with a proven pedigree who gave you 2 back to back titles ?,Or Roman and his bottomless pocket ?.

Roman has the money so I wouldn't want him to go. Also he seems like a nice man. Not every owner goes to almost every game their team plays. That guy really enjoys football and I really like that about him.

Mourinho is a world class manager but he's not the only one. There are other managers out there who probably could make our team win some titles.

I've always liked his attitude. That "you don't like us? Well sod off then!" is great. Most people who are fans of other teams than Chelsea has really been hard on us because we have a lot of money since Roman came. So that "us against them" has been good. Yes you might call him an arrogant a*shole but it's always nice to see someone don't give a damn.

The problem with Mourinho is that he "don't give a damn" way too much. He speaks his mind all the time and some things that come out of his mouth isn't nice.

That hurts the club.

So if it comes down to Mourinho or Abramovic (I'm sure there's supposed to be an "h" in there somewhere) I would say that Jos? should leave.

Roman has the money so I wouldn't want him to go. Also he seems like a nice man. Not every owner goes to almost every game their team plays. That guy really enjoys football and I really like that about him.

Mourinho is a world class manager but he's not the only one. There are other managers out there who probably could make our team win some titles.

I've always liked his attitude. That "you don't like us? Well sod off then!" is great. Most people who are fans of other teams than Chelsea has really been hard on us because we have a lot of money since Roman came. So that "us against them" has been good. Yes you might call him an arrogant a*shole but it's always nice to see someone don't give a damn.

The problem with Mourinho is that he "don't give a damn" way too much. He speaks his mind all the time and some things that come out of his mouth isn't nice.

That hurts the club.

So if it comes down to Mourinho or Abramovic (I'm sure there's supposed to be an "h" in there somewhere) I would say that Jos? should leave.

Mourinho reminds me of Ferguson with that attitude,in the past it's been Ferguson V Wenger in the mind games,now along comes Mourinho who not only takes it but dishes it out aswell.

It's tough at the top, when everyones out to put you down,tabloids picking up on the slightest thing and also the Bull***t.

Some of the comments Jose has come out with are laughable but then again the same can be said about others.

Do you think Roman has the right to interfere with transfers ?,telling Jose who to buy.

I really think your decision has been swayed by Romans wealth.

That hurts the club.

Mourinho reminds me of Ferguson with that attitude,in the past it's been Ferguson V Wenger in the mind games,now along comes Mourinho who not only takes it but dishes it out aswell.

It's tough at the top, when everyones out to put you down,tabloids picking up on the slightest thing and also the Bull***t.

Some of the comments Jose has come out with are laughable but then again the same can be said about others.

Do you think Roman has the right to interfere with transfers ?,telling Jose who to buy.

No, I don't think that Roman has the right to interfere with the transfers. Of course it's his money but he hasn't got the knowledge to make calls on transfers. JM knows what the team needs and he should have the biggest say on signings. The only say Roman should have is if a player is way too expensive. If JM said we should buy Rio Ferdinand for ?40 million then Roman has every right to say "you've got to be kidding!?" icon_wink.gif

Of course he doesn't.

I still can't get my head around the Sheva signing. I suppose any coach, if offered one of the world's best strikers as an addition to the squad, is hardly gonna turn him down. But many thought his best days were possibly behind him and ?30m for a 30 year old? If you're gonna splash out stupid sums of cash, at least go for players on the up with plenty of hunger.

There is no doubt that things aren't right within the club at the moment - who knows how deep the problems run? I just hope things get resolved and soon.

Obviously Romans wealth would be a big contribution to the moos or any other fans decision,

the thing is Mourinho is one of the best managers alive and has done a great job, he's outspoken and believes almost to much in his own abilities,

this is going to make a relationship with someone like Roman very hard as Roman too is a very clever bloke and is used to having things his own way.

a straight choice between the two I would have to say Romans money would sway me but that said I dont think it will come to that, I think in the cold light of day these two men have not got to where they are now by cutting off their noses to spite their faces and both will know that with the other in their corner they can have it all, they may have to compramise to do it but if they do, they can make Chelsea what they set out to make them.

Roman can go out and get another great manager, he knows that and is probobly toying with it, and the chance that who he brings in would be as good as Jose but Roman doesn't strike me as a chancer and I think he will think about it long and hard and whatever this season brings he will come to the conclussion that he already has the best man for the Job.

Jose can go and earn top Dollar anywhere he wants but would he have the backing to build a team as capable of becoming as big as Chelsea are capable of becoming? would he be watching with the feeling that he should have been in control should we push on to Roman/Kenyons expectations, I think so and I think its time they got together and admitted that they to be as big as they would both like, need each other.

I still can't get my head around the Sheva signing. I suppose any coach, if offered one of the world's best strikers as an addition to the squad, is hardly gonna turn him down. But many thought his best days were possibly behind him and ?30m for a 30 year old? If you're gonna splash out stupid sums of cash, at least go for players on the up with plenty of hunger.

There is no doubt that things aren't right within the club at the moment - who knows how deep the problems run? I just hope things get resolved and soon.

We can only guess what's going on/the whole truth behind the rift.

Heres my 2 pence worth, Roman has spent a lot of money and maybe hes not satisfied with the results.

Personally i think he wants rewards and i dont just mean the premiership and a domestic cup.

He wants the European Cup,trouble is he wants it now not next season.Cant blame him mind who wouldn't want the glory and to put Chelsea alongside the most respected teams in europe.

Roman has thrown millions into the pot for signing players,trying to buy that success.

What he doesn't realise is, that it doesn't always work that way.

Mourinho seems to be a manager with patience,capable of building for the future,Roman wants it all now,maybe thats were the trouble lies.

Jose can go and earn top Dollar anywhere he wants but would he have the backing to build a team as capable of becoming as big as Chelsea are capable of becoming? would he be watching with the feeling that he should have been in control should we push on to Roman/Kenyons expectations, I think so and I think its time they got together and admitted that they to be as big as they would both like, need each other.

Unless the interference stops,i really think Jose will leave.

Theres no way in my mind i can see Jose becoming a puppet on a string,being told who to buy,he's to big for that.

Suerly Jose will have greater satisfaction building a team of his own choice.

He has the possibility to build a great team with huge financial backing,but then again maybe he would become bored with that.

I dont think there could be greater satisfaction than building a team on half the budget,then have people looking back and saying, He had the money to buy whoever he wanted.

It's very hard to say what Roman wants in return for his HUGE investment. We can all guess. I reckon CL success would be well up there on the list of priorities. But even he must realise that no club has a devine right to win everything, regardless of how much money is laid out.

But if I were in Roman's shoes, I would want to see better football. I could understand him thinking "Hang on, this squad has cost me millions, but the football is not that great".

I was hoping that once Mourinho had got us winning things and we had the first trophies in the cabinet, the focus would then switch to us playing better football - even if that meant losing out on some silverware. And he did hint as much himself. Alas, this season we have gone backwards - although bad luck & injuries has played a large part in that.

Unless the interference stops,i really think Jose will leave.

Theres no way in my mind i can see Jose becoming a puppet on a string,being told who to buy,he's to big for that.

Suerly Jose will have greater satisfaction building a team of his own choice.

He has the possibility to build a great team with huge financial backing,but then again maybe he would become bored with that.

I dont think there could be greater satisfaction than building a team on half the budget,then have people looking back and saying, He had the money to buy whoever he wanted.

I cant see Jose getting bored with having huge finances availlable, wev'e heard all the buying title stuff and that has not put him off, He is not the type to spend big just because of reputations and thats probobly why Sheva was not actually his choice, thing is its not just the finance, he has said he loves Chelsea and I feel he has a real place in his heart for the team and London in general, he says his kids are happy here and he knows its not great to keep moving them around. No I think he wants to do it with Chelsea and is not foolish enough to want to do it on a tighter budget, the mans a winner and will use everything at his disposal to make Chelsea the best around, I just hope he can sort it out with the Board and bring some team spirit back into the whole club.

I think we need Roman more than we need JM.

Jose is a great manager, but if there is no fund, he is cannot perform miracles like what he said. So imagine if he manage a team like Wigan or Reading, can he bring up the result?

I can understand why Roman was angry, becos of his investment in the club. He pumped in so much money and yet cannot see any result or at least some good football play in matches. Always defensive and crappy performance but although sometimes still win some matches. Like wat Loz said, its lucky that we are second in the league.

I cant blame JM completely too, if Ardesen is the one, then he should be blamed. Why, he is head of youth academy. What benefit has he bring in? Any good players? Any good signings? None. Sad to learn that he capabilities only limited to signing players like Buolarouz, maybe kalou and Micka?

What the health is he doing? What strenght he brought in so far? Is chelsea board stupid or wat? Getting paid million of dollars including fines, bad reputation only to get players like mika, leed's players, tapping of ashley and also tat Ardesen.

I think RA has been badly advised.

I can understand why Roman was angry, becos of his investment in the club. He pumped in so much money and yet cannot see any result or at least some good football play in matches. Always defensive and crappy performance but although sometimes still win some matches. Like wat Loz said, its lucky that we are second in the league.

I cant blame JM completely too, if Ardesen is the one, then he should be blamed. Why, he is head of youth academy. What benefit has he bring in? Any good players? Any good signings? None. Sad to learn that he capabilities only limited to signing players like Buolarouz, maybe kalou and Micka?

What the health is he doing? What strenght he brought in so far? Is chelsea board stupid or wat? Getting paid million of dollars including fines, bad reputation only to get players like mika, leed's players, tapping of ashley and also tat Ardesen.

I think RA has been badly advised.

Jesus. Another cheer me up post from Stanley.

Stan this is for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCZLHhDH4lA

It's very hard to say what Roman wants in return for his HUGE investment. We can all guess. I reckon CL success would be well up there on the list of priorities. But even he must realise that no club has a devine right to win everything, regardless of how much money is laid out.

But if I were in Roman's shoes, I would want to see better football. I could understand him thinking "Hang on, this squad has cost me millions, but the football is not that great".

I was hoping that once Mourinho had got us winning things and we had the first trophies in the cabinet, the focus would then switch to us playing better football - even if that meant losing out on some silverware. And he did hint as much himself. Alas, this season we have gone backwards - although bad luck & injuries has played a large part in that.

My two penneth is that basically JM's arrogance in continually stating that he wanted and would manage with a squad of no more than 24, to include 3 keepers is now his undoing.

He also wanted 2 players for every position, (that would make 4 central defenders then !!)

As a direct result, We have one of the smallest squads in the Prem and now with injuries it is totally insufficient. This was JM's decision, nobody elses.

We let 2 players in Gallas and Huth go and bought in one, Boulahrouz who is now long term injured. We let Duff go cheaply and replaced with expensive replacement, Mikkel. We let Gudjohnsen go and replaced with another expensive player in Kalou, who frankly would struggle to lace Guddy's boots. We brought in Cole when we had a very decent left back already at further huge cost and did not deal with the problem area of right back, even though JM had told the press this was an area that needed strengthening. I have left out Ballack and Sheva as I do feel that they were probably the "owners" buys.

All things considered some truly awful decisions. If one of my Managers had continually f**ked up like that, I would be considering his future. Even if he WAS very good at the job and succesful in the past, you cannot live in the past (Scousers) and these obvious mistakes were clear errors of judgement.

I think JM will go, as there is little chance of him apologising for these errors.

My two penneth is that basically JM's arrogance in continually stating that he wanted and would manage with a squad of no more than 24, to include 3 keepers is now his undoing.

He also wanted 2 players for every position, (that would make 4 central defenders then !!)

As a direct result, We have one of the smallest squads in the Prem and now with injuries it is totally insufficient. This was JM's decision, nobody elses.

We let 2 players in Gallas and Huth go and bought in one, Boulahrouz who is now long term injured. We let Duff go cheaply and replaced with expensive replacement, Mikkel. We let Gudjohnsen go and replaced with another expensive player in Kalou, who frankly would struggle to lace Guddy's boots. We brought in Cole when we had a very decent left back already at further huge cost and did not deal with the problem area of right back, even though JM had told the press this was an area that needed strengthening. I have left out Ballack and Sheva as I do feel that they were probably the "owners" buys.

All things considered some truly awful decisions. If one of my Managers had continually f**ked up like that, I would be considering his future. Even if he WAS very good at the job and succesful in the past, you cannot live in the past (Scousers) and these obvious mistakes were clear errors of judgement.

I think JM will go, as there is little chance of him apologising for these errors.

An interesting perspective.

Did Mourinho let Gallas and Huth go? I don't think so.

Duff and Guddy both wanted to leave so I take your point here. But realistically neither were going to get much game time unless we were crippled with injuries ( yes, I know that has happened ). So maybe he thought it was better to have two young hungry players who wouldn't mind playing second fiddle whilst they matured and could provide occassional backup rather than two players who were unhappy at not getting any game time. That's a difficult call to make but doesn't fall into the glaringly obvious category for me.

The big problems have arisen because of a large number of injuries to key players and because the two big name signings have not contributed. Earlier in the season we managed to carry them but with the defensive problems we haven't been able to maintain that.

I'm glad I'm not one of your managers - if you think Jose has "continually f**ked up" then you must be quite hard to please! That's not to say he hasn't made mistakes, but I do think that the success he has brought over the pst two seasons does earn him the right to a little more leeway - especially as the whole picture as to who is responsible for what is so unclear now.

I ask you who have been the two most successful teams in the premiership era? and what do they have in common? Right - a manager who has been there for a long time. Both teams have had there ups and downs in that period but neither board has seen fit to talk about sacking them because they had a sticky patch.

Maybe Jose will go because relations have irretreivably broken down with the owner, but if that is based on his ability to deliver results on the football pitch then the owner is barking mad.

Have you seen this photograph?

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source ... 1746&cdi=0

Don't like the look of that one bit. Apparently Mourinho shook every other player's hand. He really is a small man.

:: notjosefan.gif

Liam,

I dont think Jose can be blamed?

Sure he can be a stubborn and arrogant so & so, but on this occasion, i think he has it right.

He's made no secret of the fact that 'some' players are not pulling their weight, or wanting to 'improve the situation that they find themselves in'. In short, he feels that Sheva is lacking the strong personality needed to be a winner.

I can't say i blame Jose. And if it's true that Shevchenko is'nt willing to fight, then so be it.

I can't say i blame Jose. And if it's true that Shevchenko is'nt willing to fight, then so be it.

You could be right Elliot. But it doesn't look that way to me. Sheva's not performing alright, but from his demeanor it seems to bother him a lot that he isn't. He doesn't look sullen to me, just worried and confused. As I've said many times it looks as if his sharpness has deserted him, his pacev over the first few yards.

I feel he's being scapegoated by Mourinho in his childish attempts to punish Abramovich.

Even if we're both wrong this kind of display for public consumption is totally unnecessary but typical Mourinho.

You could be right Elliot. But it doesn't look that way to me. Sheva's not performing alright, but from his demeanor it seems to bother him a lot that he isn't. He doesn't look sullen to me, just worried and confused. As I've said many times it looks as if his sharpness has deserted him, his pacev over the first few yards.

I feel he's being scapegoated by Mourinho in his childish attempts to punish Abramovich.

Even if we're both wrong this kind of display for public consumption is totally unnecessary but typical Mourinho.

Liam,

Dont get me wrong. This is very tasteless from Jose, but he would'nt have it any other way would he? That's the pure nature of the beast.

In my opinion, he should just try to make the best of a bad situation and put an arm round him? But maybe he's already gone down that road? Who knows.

Ive heard that Shevchenko isn't happy with his form (as Mourinho has told us), and that he want's to improve, but to me he just look's dis-interested. Where's the fight and passion that Drogba has showed us time and time again?

Shevchenko should be a greedy, selfish, goal-scoring warrior! Instead we see a scared, limp-wristed excuse for a striker. (And this is in no way a pop at him.) It's just sad to watch, and frightening to think that this is the same player who has destroyed team's for so many years, and now he look's so very lost.

To me, he has'nt lost sharpness. Or pace, (not that he need's pace to score 20+ in a season) but just CONFIDENCE. Thats it. Along with an understanding of the English game. I.e - You can't dawdle on the ball for 20 mins without expecting to get a kick up in the air, and then look at the ref, pleading for the whistle to blow for something which is never going to come!

Which means that we find ourselves back to Jose....

I don't know what you're on about- i see a great attitude from sheva on the pitch and in the media. He's a professional and has said all the right things and is obviously training hard. I guess it is discouraging for him that he can't play in his natural way, but even then he accepted it and started coming for the ball and asking for it in the midfield. I don't know what will happen with him, i see it as being a big problem for JM as I can't see the following happening:

1) Sheva playing a small role and staying happy.

2) JM changing everything we've seen from him here and beyond and playing an mainly creative attacking midfielder

3) Roman being happy to sell Sheva

Those three combined mean an inevitable road to disaster for me.

I don't understand this "don't change the team for sheva" theme- you can play a 442 and simply have more options with sheva and drogba up front. If only they would play my FM formation Loz and G4, we would win it all...

pauly

Shevchenko focused on Chelsea

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...back+at+critics

"If he decides I am not capable, I just have to work harder,"

The guy is quality.

I don't know what you're on about- i see a great attitude from sheva on the pitch and in the media. He's a professional and has said all the right things and is obviously training hard. pauly

I agree that he always looks like he is trying, but the story is that he isn't putting the effort in in training. Whether that's true or not I don't know.

and yes, it will all end in tears icon_sad.gif