César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

Gem
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, axman2526 said:

How long has Dave officially been our captain? Have we won anything since he became captain? I forget what season JT left.

2 years now. We bottled the two FA cup finals but they were hardly his fault. JT left after Conte's first year and then Cahill was captain for 2 years I think

17 minutes ago, Drogba1 said:

2 years now. We bottled the two FA cup finals but they were hardly his fault. JT left after Conte's first year and then Cahill was captain for 2 years I think

Ah of course. Cheers.

Yeah not blaming him at all. Amazing servant. Just thought if we keep losing finals with him as skipper that is what his time as skipper will be remembered for.

I love Dave. Such a dependable, intelligent player both in defence and attack. Rarely makes a mistake, almost always makes the right decision, and on occasion pops up with a key goal or reminds us he has some sublime ball skills too (THAT moment in the second leg vs Real). The Grealish incident made me love Dave even more.

I think he’s been a great captain. Us not winning stuff comes down to us not being as good as during the glory days. Simple as that. I’m not sure having a more charismatic (or whatever some people think it is that Dave lacks) captain would have changed much. 

Absolutely over the moon for the geezer! He had massive boots to fill when Terry departed, he may not he as vocal as he was but I don’t doubt for a second he cares as much about the club at JT.

He is firmly up there with Frank, JT, Drogs for what he’s done for us. He’s been such an incredible servant and player, cemented himself as even more of a legend after tonight. He’s taken over the mantle of Mr Chelsea fantastically, he really epitomises everything good about our club. 

Well deserved el Capitano 💙

If he wasn't a legend already, then he certainly is now. Out of all of the players I wanted to see life the trophy, he was the one I wanted to see lift it the most. He has always given his all in every game he has played for us. I have never watched him and thought at the end of the game that he didn't try as hard as he could for us. Love the guy, he's given his absolute maximum for us every season he has been here.

E2ljut_XIAEMHr0?format=jpg&name=medium

E2lrx4fX0AMTd_1?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Scott Harris

People questioning his leadership skills, myself included at times, but he really does lead by example. A model professional, who has now won the lot, whilst playing all across the defence. He will likely end up at at least number 7 for all time appearances. For me, along with Kante, last night propelled him to legendary status. 

14 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

He is firmly up there with Frank, JT, Drogs for what he’s done for us. He’s been such an incredible servant and player, cemented himself as even more of a legend after tonight. He’s taken over the mantle of Mr Chelsea fantastically, he really epitomises everything good about our club. 

Well deserved el Capitano 💙

He deserve's plaudits just for posting this.

E2oJJ6nWYAInD9T.jpg

2 hours ago, big blue said:

People questioning his leadership skills, myself included at times, but he really does lead by example. A model professional, who has now won the lot, whilst playing all across the defence. He will likely end up at at least number 7 for all time appearances. For me, along with Kante, last night propelled him to legendary status. 

He always does, absolutley.  I was not questioning his drive or passion for the club before, more that after 2 FA cup finals lost it could become a trend we did not want associated with his time as skipper. Thankfully last night erases that entirely.

Him and Reece completely locked down the right side.