Now on a migrated server, any problems CLICK HERE

Gem

César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

I reckon we should try Dave in midfield with Kante.

He basically masters whichever positions he’s asked to play RB, LB, RCB... so why not play him with Kante to solve the midfield problem?

Not like we don’t have plenty of defensive options to replace him... worked with Lahm at Munich.

That’s my random thought for the evening anyway.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I reckon we should try Dave in midfield with Kante.

He basically masters whichever positions he’s asked to play RB, LB, RCB... so why not play him with Kante to solve the midfield problem?

Not like we don’t have plenty of defensive options to replace him... worked with Lahm at Munich.

That’s my random thought for the evening anyway.

Because while he is good on the ball for a defender, they would press the sh*t out of him in midfield, and his technique and close control are not good enough for the role that he would be asked to play and nor is his passing.

Lets leave him where he is, because he is absolutely amazing there

Played centre back for Spain last week in a back 4. I wonder whether he will play there for us if we switch back, a year ago i wouldve said no chance, but he seems to have improved in that respect this season. I don't know if the stats back that up, but we looked vulnerable to crosses to his side last season, but I can't remember it being an issue at all recently. 

Is there anything this guy can't do!

2 hours ago, big blue said:

Played centre back for Spain last week in a back 4. I wonder whether he will play there for us if we switch back, a year ago i wouldve said no chance, but he seems to have improved in that respect this season. I don't know if the stats back that up, but we looked vulnerable to crosses to his side last season, but I can't remember it being an issue at all recently. 

Is there anything this guy can't do!

Needs to be one of the first names on the sheet, doesn't matter what position it is.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

If we do pllay 4 at the back next season, will he be used as a centre back still or a RB?.

Hopefully RB, his crosses are gold. Him as a CB is still a good shout. Don't know if he'll be as good as Ramos if he became a CB though.

Azpilicueta will probably be better in a back 4 playing at CB for a team that will dominate possession. If you're under pressure and teams are swinging crosses into the box, i'm not sure i would want him there. I miss Azpilicueta the fullback, we have seen how good he really is when getting forward, i think its time to put him back into his natural position. I would rather we didn't sign RB this season, i don't think it's needed. I like Azpilicueta and Moses, as 1st and 2nd choice.

12 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Azpilicueta will probably be better in a back 4 playing at CB for a team that will dominate possession. If you're under pressure and teams are swinging crosses into the box, i'm not sure i would want him there. I miss Azpilicueta the fullback, we have seen how good he really is when getting forward, i think its time to put him back into his natural position. I would rather we didn't sign RB this season, i don't think it's needed. I like Azpilicueta and Moses, as 1st and 2nd choice.

You think Moses can play in a back four?.

3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

I think he could make the switch to a back 4 like Valencia and young have done at United. He seems better defensively than going forward at wing back. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, big blue said:

I think he could make the switch to a back 4 like Valencia and young have done at United. He seems better defensively than going forward at wing back. 

Can't see Moses being anywhere near RB next season.

image.png.6c2831951ed374c923ac1a1929ca5034.png

-10 recovery is pretty awful even for a right wing back.

Edited by the special one

8 minutes ago, the special one said:

Can't see Moses being anywhere near RB next season.

image.png.6c2831951ed374c923ac1a1929ca5034.png

-10 recovery is pretty awful even for a right wing back.

Don't understanding those charts. I don't think I've ever heard of someone having great rigour except in rpg's! 

Also if they are last season's stats, then it would be misleading since moses and Valencia played different positions. 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

Also if they are last season's stats, then it would be misleading since moses and Valencia played different positions. 

That's true, even still his recovery is still pretty bad compared to Alonso. No doubt it would improve at RB but even then I don't think it's his natural position.

image.png.76cd9f92e799f0fd5a73ebf0e80adb7e.png

5 minutes ago, big blue said:

Don't understanding those charts. I don't think I've ever heard of someone having great rigour except in rpg's! 

image.png.4bde768a781c209157c6d82928eb791f.png 

Robust duelling lol

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

As a backup to Azpilicueta, i think it's possible. I think Moses is a competent enough defender, i actually think he defends better than Zappacosta and Alonso. Having him there also gives us more options. If we are looking for a goal late on, it could be a good move to bring on an attacking full back with tons of energy. Or if we want to go a bit more defensive, we can switch to a back 5 or 3 and bring him in and push Azpilicueta back to CB. 

Having Moses makes so much sense over bringing in another full back. Moses is homegrown, he can play full back, wing back, on the attacking right wing, and he slots in easily if we want to make a change in formation. He's the ideal squad player.

Edited by Scott Harris

Why wouldn't we kick Azpi out to RB in a back 4 and have Rudi and AC play CB? I realize Azpi doesn't offer a whole whole lot going forward, but A back 4 of Emerson/Alonso, Cahill/AC, Rudi, Azpi seems rather solid to me. I wouldn't mind seeing Moses play more of a RM position as I don't think he offers enough for a RW position and not enough defense for a RB positon. That would leave Zappa as a back up for Azpi in the current senior team. But Reece James could get a look in. I've read positive things about him, but I'm sure it is too early to expect anything from him yet. 

Just my rambling thoughts on Dave. :drinks: :tHumBsBeeR:

Would be interesting to see Spain playing with 3-4-3. 

- Azpilicueta - Ramos - Pique -

this trio could very strong, but it won't happen because they probably will be playing on ball possession. So it will be 4-4-2, 4-5-1. 

Really hope for Dave to get his minutes in the world cup, he so deserves it!

13 hours ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Would be interesting to see Spain playing with 3-4-3. 

- Azpilicueta - Ramos - Pique -

this trio could very strong, but it won't happen because they probably will be playing on ball possession. So it will be 4-4-2, 4-5-1. 

Really hope for Dave to get his minutes in the world cup, he so deserves it!

The thing is he is a FAR better ball player and defender than Pique. Pique only gets in now on reputation. 

On June 7, 2018 at 16:42, dansubrosa said:

How the hell did we get him for 7m? Bargain of the decade surely?

Marseille had financial difficulties, had it not been for that we'd have been looking at £20m minimum.