Gem

César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Defends like a CB, set's up goals like a CM and now scores goals like a striker..........the most complete player in world football :biggrin:

Actually when you look at his career, at youth level he started out as a forward, then turned into a midfielder then debuted pro as a RB then converted into LB and now CB :laugh2:

This guy is so damn good. People say he wouldn't work as good as a LWB but i'm not so sure. He's better than Alonso defensively and going forward he is proving to be a bit of a handful. In the last few games, Alonso has been getting caught out defensively and if it wasn't for the CB's we would have conceded a few goals from his side. Azpilicueta wouldn't get caught out because as a full back he is brilliant in one v one situations and positionally he is one of the best in the world. 

Because we are so well covered at CB now, maybe we can give the LWB spot to Azpilicueta. Alonso may offer goals going forward, but for our all round game, i think we would be better with Azpilicueta playing there.

2 minutes ago, JJP said:

Hands down one of the greatest signings we have ever made, and EASILY one of the most underrated players in the world. 

He's so versatile it's ridiculous, I absolutely love him, hope he never leaves. 

And, and, he just seems like such a lovable guy too.  With a wonderful smile.  Love him too.  Agree about one of the greatest signings.  Solid, reliable, calm, creative.  (pissed, me)

It's scary how he can virtually slot into any position and give a 7/10 performance on a normal day.

Mourinho was right when he said a team of 11 Azpi can win the league. 

So underrated and love him for that. Hope he retires here.

12 hours ago, Qaz said:
14 hours ago, Strider6003 said:
Just read the stat on football365, Azpi 4 assists for Morata's 6 goals. Looking good.

Caesar Assist-pilacueta

That's easy for you to say....

On September 24, 2017 at 10:13, dkw said:

£8m.....8 bloody million bloody pounds. Unbelievable signing.

That price would have been a bargain for him even in the days it would have broke the transfer record.

What player ! Who love the club more, huge fighting spirit, it's good to have one player like Azpi into her team. It's a leader in and out the pitch. Mostly it's a wonderful player with very good performance. 

I don't think this guy has ever had a bad season. I remember when we first signed him, 7 million was it? Unbelievable signing. I didn't really know much about him, I just heard he's some young right back from Marseille who's known for his crossing of the ball, my what a player he's developed out to be.

You have to admire how adaptable he is since he's been here he's been changed around constantly and still performed exceptionally well everywhere. Right back, left back now centreback, he has it all in his locker. 

He was arguably as good as Ashley Cole ever was in the left back position, that is not a light praise. 

4 hours ago, Slojo said:

I don't think this guy has ever had a bad season. I remember when we first signed him, 7 million was it? Unbelievable signing. I didn't really know much about him, I just heard he's some young right back from Marseille who's known for his crossing of the ball, my what a player he's developed out to be.

You have to admire how adaptable he is since he's been here he's been changed around constantly and still performed exceptionally well everywhere. Right back, left back now centreback, he has it all in his locker. 

He was arguably as good as Ashley Cole ever was in the left back position, that is not a light praise. 

At their respective best's it's quite close but in terms of the longevity side of how long they were on top form for at Chelsea, Cesar trumps Ash by quite a distance.

Ash in my opinion had a poor first season and an okay second, he came to his own at Chelsea under Scolari (the only real positive for the Brazilians time here) and was excellent for two seasons but 10/11 onwards he hit his father time and was pretty average from then on with the odd game excepted.

Cesar on the other hand since arriving has been exceptional for every season bar the one that shan't be named.

Edited by Argo

On 25/09/2017 at 10:44, Strider6003 said:

Just read the stat on football365, Azpi 4 assists for Morata's 6 goals. Looking good.

I think it was Azpi that put it on a plate for Morata early on vs Spurs as well, a header you'd have expected him to bury.

Emenalo bought him just saying.

Sorry, you got it wrong!
Any player that turns out to be a good signing are a manager signing. But the ones that flop or the one that consistently go out on loan are the typical Emenalo signing. For more information, read the Emenalo thread.