César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

The Interim has made the boy what he is today...

Heres what he says about Daves Spanish call up,

“That was a target that we had. Watching the player training every day, we knew he could improve and that he could be an option for Spain.”

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-chelsea-fc/2013/02/01/82029-32729169/#ixzz2JgoycX1X

What was the Target with Fernando then Waiter? get him dropped so he can rest his weary legs I suppose.

The Interim has made the boy what he is today...

Heres what he says about Daves Spanish call up,

“That was a target that we had. Watching the player training every day, we knew he could improve and that he could be an option for Spain.”

Read More http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-chelsea-fc/2013/02/01/82029-32729169/#ixzz2JgoycX1X

What was the Target with Fernando then Waiter? get him dropped so he can rest his weary legs I suppose.

How much more tripe can this man blurt out.....

Probably the only thing I would really give some sort of credit to Rafa for. RDM was barely playing Azpi even though Ivan was awful for pretty much every game he played. I think he made 1 appearance as a sub under RDM? Can't remember right now.

Edited by Remodez

A good footballer, dynamic,intelligent, industrious, compliments Coley on the other flank.

Not only do Spain have the most talented players in world football, they also seem to relatively intelligent people too. Quite refreshing when you consider how stupid the some of the scum in the PL are.

Not only do Spain have the most talented players in world football, they also seem to relatively intelligent people too. Quite refreshing when you consider how stupid the some of the scum in the PL are

I don't think it's any coincidence that the same applies to Spanish, German and Belgian youth players. They really take a holistic approach to youth development- technical, physical, mental and educational. That's why their players are not only talented, but appear grounded and hard working too. I think this has  a lot to do with the intense competition meaning they can afford to be more selective, whereas in some European countries if you can kick a ball and run fast it's good enough for a contract.

• 1 month later...

Meaningless without taking into account the amount of crosses each of them have made. Everton for example are 2nd in the league when it comes to crosses so I would expect Coleman to have racked up quite a lot in comparison to the others.

Pretty much this.

Is there a minimum number of crosses that a player needs to have made to qualify for that list?

Also, for arguments sake, you could over hit a cross and a team mate retrieves it, is that a "successful" cross?

Statistics like these are so misleading, it's only by watching the players that you can actually judge how good their delivery is. 

Pretty much this.

Is there a minimum number of crosses that a player needs to have made to qualify for that list?

Also, for arguments sake, you could over hit a cross and a team mate retrieves it, is that a "successful" cross?

Statistics like these are so misleading, it's only by watching the players that you can actually judge how good their delivery is. 

and by watching azpi i conclided hes the best crosser in our team

if that piece of statistics was 'meaningless', heres one more

article-2303835-1914C183000005DC-719_306

8th in the premiership as far as the number of successful crosses go

yeah, ill think ill use it to further enforce my own opinion that hes a good crosser, i may just be funny that way

Edited by Lane

That said I do think Azpi has improved on his crossing a bit, still a ways to go before it becomes Ferreira-esque but it's certainly been better than Moses. 

Moses doesn't like crossing...

He likes to cut inside, cut outside, cut inside, cut outside, cut inside, cut outside, lose the ball