Do any of you worry what would happen in the future without Abramovich's ownership?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I think about this. I wonder what would be the future of the club without that kind of financial backing of Roman. I would hope that the club would be bought again, but what if that didn't happen? Would that be our demise? 

Don't think it would lead to our demise - it would make us uncompetitive and would cause major trouble short term but I think we would still have enough in terms of marketing capability to be in contention for the CL places. It's just a matter of selling our top earners(Hazard; Torres; Cech; Terry; A.Cole; Lampard; ) I think that's something the club is already doing most likely for a different reason(player powa!); limiting the number of large signing we would make by a good margin. 

But considering new TV Deal which is in effect in a few years and our already established global brand I would not be too worried long term. 

Might be a few difficult years but the foundations are there to keep us in a good level. 

Look he's not just gonna walk away with no new owner, the fact us though we should be using youth right now and we don't. We could have become self sustainable but the more we buy players the more we risk our owner getting tighter with his wallet and us getting worse. But if he wanted rid he'd sell us.

Why should anyone worry ? you support the club, not the owner. Ill still be there in The Southern Cross at 2pm no matter where we are and who we are playing. Roman upping sticks and leaving us in the lurch doesn't concern me one iota.

Good times, bad times, it's about being a fan and supporting the club. Anything on top of that is a bonus but not crucial.

I worry what will happen if no new stadium is built by the time he leaves... certainly won't be able to build anything as magnificent as what's been offered with his backing.

Definitely impact on the club's ability to sustain itself as a superpower in the long run.

The club is far too valuable for him to have any trouble finding a buyer, should he choose to sell the club. Would the new owner be any good? Who knows, who cares? I'm more stressed out about the fact that I just finished the last of my mint chocolate chip Christmas tree ice cream bars and I'm not sure if the supermarket still carries them on the 7th of January.

The good thing about RA, is that unlike Arsenal's owner, he doesn't seem to give two sh*ts about whether he makes a profit or not. 

Some of his decisions are questionable and illogical at times but at the end of the day he's not afraid to put forward millions of pounds of his own money to make sure that Chelsea are successful.

If RA did leave, we've pretty much been turned into a worldwide brand so someone else would just buy us, but whatever happens I'll support Chelsea FC.

Edited by omnidroid70

No, and more to the point, without the sackings and some of the transfers (you know the ones) the club would have been self financing already. We have the squad and youth/players on loan to remain competitive for some time.

No, and more to the point, without the sackings and some of the transfers (you know the ones) the club would have been self financing already. We have the squad and youth/players on loan to remain competitive for some time.

Well said, Rag!  ::clap2::  ::clap2::

All good things must come to an end eventually, there's no point worrying over something you can't do anything about. The club has invested a massive amount of money this year in young players who were clearly signed with an eye to the future, which I think shows that RA is thinking long term.

If Roman did leave for some whatever reason then I don't think it would necessarily be a disaster for us, although the future path of the club would obviously depend on the nature of the new owner(s). We might not be able to splash the cash around in the transfer market like we have done, but with the players we have now and the youngsters coming through we really shouldn't have to anyway.

I would also guess that quite a significant proportion of the millions he has pumped into the club have been a result of his (or the board's) poor judgment. By that I mean poorly judged big-money transfers (naming no names), over generous player contracts, and unnecessary compensation packages to sacked managers.

Edited by bluedave

Why should anyone worry ? you support the club, not the owner. Ill still be there in The Southern Cross at 2pm no matter where we are and who we are playing. Roman upping sticks and leaving us in the lurch doesn't concern me one iota.

Good times, bad times, it's about being a fan and supporting the club. Anything on top of that is a bonus but not crucial.

I'd stop supporting the club if we went broke and had to play in league 2

:Troll_Face:

I wonder if Roman is eventually captured and imprisoned in Russia on those corruption charges, if they'll seize all his assets and the club effectively becomes property of the Russian government.

WHAT THEN

Whatever he chooses to do in future, his tenure here as owner has raised the profile of this club to a global scale...for better or for worse.

That reflects on any future ownership or signings we would make. We now have a whole generation of youngsters out there who grew up watching Chelsea play in the biggest games, year after year, since the late 90s through Abramovich's ownership and all the success that brought. That is going to make owning this club massively easier for whoever follows Abramovich.

Correct me if im wrong but i thought all the money that Roman has pumped into the club has been turned into shares so who ever took over from Roman would have to be very rich indeed just to buy Romans "shares".

I cant see Roman leaving for quite a while as i cant see anyone Rich enough coming along to buy the club off him.

If anything i could see Roman just letting the club run along and not putting anything more into the squad. I think that is more likely that selling it.

It keeps him busy, its another outlet for him, some call it his "play thing", but in reality it's his business and a probably more fun way of playing war.

If we know one thing about Roman is that he is a very proud man. This is his club and its his army, for this reason alone I can't see him walking away from it.