Will you feel any less disillusioned once Benitez is gone?

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I won't.

I hate Benitez as much as the next guy but he is being used as a scapegoat by the board and being hung out to dry (not that I care or have any sympathy for him). Focus shouldn't be on the short term and results. I couldn't care one jot about the result today and I won't tomorrow nor next week.

I don't feel anything towards the people running this club and I know the feeling is mutual. A while back on here the question was put to us, would you take back the CL win to still have a sense of identity or belonging at this football club? My answer then was No, my answer now is probably yes. I understand I didn't go to Munich so it's easy for me to be more flippant than those who did but sometimes you stop and look at think would it be the end of the world? Look at clubs like Rangers, Chester, AFC Wimbledon, Darlington and to a lesser extent Luton. Clubs that have pretty much come back from the dead with fans closer and more tightly knit than ever before, clubs with real fans at their stadiums, clubs that put the fans first and foremost above anything else. With the neo-liberalism that comes along with Premier League and vice-versa it's understandable why football clubs have allowed themselves to distance themselves from their communities and core fanbase but it is understandable. Even with all the money, City have still managed to keep their soul in tact.

I think I'm done. Not in terms of supporting this club. I'll always support this football club (have done since the age of 4) but I'm done in terms of emotionally investing myself in this club because this board and management always find a way to let me down. Trophies to me are just a bonus, I just want a football club to be proud of. I was proud when we were a midtable club with a moderate history. I was proud when I went to my first Chelsea game, I was proud when I was told by my neighbour (who has been Chelsea since 60s) of the relegations and "dark days". I was proud when I heard of us losing to Rotherham and co. I'm not proud now and I no longer feel as though I matter or I'm part of what the club is trying to achieve. The board are just pulling in a different direction.

Whether Benitez goes or stays, the fact he was allowed to come here pretty much was a spit in the face of every Chelsea fan and the day we became a laughing stock across Europe. This is etched in our history and will be in my mind forever. Even if Mourinho were to come back, I can't say I'd have the same affinity towards the club with this board in charge for a long time if not ever.

Definitely tarnished for me, someone said here a few days ago that it's like the wife who has cheated on you, it can never be the same again!!

Mourinho coming back would certainly help the mess, but nothing (right now) feels like it will be the same again. Our identity and integrity has been absolutely ruined, we fans have been shafted big time and made to look like fools. 

The 'good old days' seem a life time away.

Edited by Zola

I feel very similar Myles and hate to admit it.

I will get great pleasure the Day the Interim gets his P45 but it won't take away the way I feel about the ridiculous sacking of RDM, I have been annoyed at a lot of the appointments and a lot of the sackings but for the first time I haven't been able to get behind the new man and tell myself its not his fault the Owner/Board are so knee Jerk and unfair.

I can't pretend to like any of the sackings along the way, even to Managers who shouldn't have got the Job and came in at the expense of Managers that shouldn't have been sacked as I feel they had been given a task and a timescale and tried their best to uphold their end of the bargain while another Knee Jerk meant the Clubs end of the bargain was anything but held up.

I think this time though the sacking was the most unfair and the appointment was the most stubborn and uncaring towards the fans and it has alienated me from the Club I have supported since funnily enough I was four years old.

I will feel a lot better when the Interim is gone but I really hope a lesson has ben learned this time and whoever comes in geta a contract and barring ridiculous runs of Benitez like results, gets the full term.

I'll never get back the feelings I had for the Club, not under this ownership butI'll also never be able to not care about results so really as the Owner knows, most of us have to just put up with it.

No, I wont. Some serious steps need to be taken to right the ship even after Benitez goes, and the first should be Roman talking to the press and engaging in a dialogue with the fans over his decisions and the future.

I need to hear that, and assurances about the future, because the decisions Roman takes tells me he doesnt care about club history, club fans, club players, or even winning anymore. It would be nice to know what he has in mind rather than just guessing at which direction the club will careen next. 

Sacking Benitez wont solve everything, like Myles said. It may stop the bleeding, but (depending on what it looks like in May) the damage is definitely done.

I cannot believe that some people on here cannot feel the same about Chelsea as before, that is the club we LOVE end of, through thick and thin and we have been there more than any other club. That is Chelsea, and I love my club and so does my son. By the way Benitez........do one you two bob tw.t

Guest RFC_CFC

Every day I lose a little love with FSW in charge.

The things is when he goes things may continue as the players are not guaranteed to suddenly gain form and act as if they care. We look very iffy in relation to a top 4 finish and god help us if that happens because that's exactly the route the bin dippers went and look at them now!

When FSW came in guys like Chippy and Davey said some things similar which I laughed off because I didn't understand how you could feel this way about the club I love but it turns out it was me who was hiding from the harsh reality. To those guys I can only apologise because its beginning to sink in with each game now and I'm genuinely worried where my club is headed.

Guest RFC_CFC

I can also say with 100% faith that if we stuck with the man who gave us a historic night then we would have more trophies and have more points on the table.

Robbie may have failed in the CL group stage but he had us very well placed domestically and now we could face a year of no CL because of a stupid, horrible and lazy decision.

I can also say with 100% faith that if we stuck with the man who gave us a historic night then we would have more trophies and have more points on the table.

Robbie may have failed in the CL group stage but he had us very well placed domestically and now we could face a year of no CL because of a stupid, horrible and lazy decision.

100% Agree

Even the thought of our CL win less than a year ago inspires no joy in me anymore. The board have taken the greatest night and brightest future the club has had and in the space of a few months, they have ripped it to shreds and then taken those tiny pieces and burnt them to ash. 

Even if they sack FSW right now and appoint Mourinho, the damage is done, the trust is broken. It will take a long time until I can trust the club again - if ever. And I hate them for that more than anything else.

The potential changes to start repairing this mess, for me at least, is not about improving results on the pitch. It's about bringing the club back to being a real football club, the heart beat, love and passion of the fans.

Some people don't seem to understand that not everything is about results on the pitch.

I agree, the Interim's departure, which is hopefully sooner rather than later, will only paper over cracks for me. The idea of a football club, averse to the opinions of the glory hunters who have now most likely abandoned the club (to return if/when we become successful again), is not winning trophy after trophy, it's about being part of an emotional community, almost like a family.

Until I see some proper evidence that the board actually give a sh*t about the fans, I'll continue to have that horrible feeling of detachment. I'm furious that a man who held the club close to his heart, lived and breathed Chelsea Football Club was treated absolutely disgustingly in favour of a fraud who insulted the club's culture and values time after time in an attempt to win over the fans of that piece of utter filth from Merseyside.

I won't.

I hate Benitez as much as the next guy but he is being used as a scapegoat by the board and being hung out to dry (not that I care or have any sympathy for him). Focus shouldn't be on the short term and results. I couldn't care one jot about the result today and I won't tomorrow nor next week.

I don't feel anything towards the people running this club and I know the feeling is mutual. A while back on here the question was put to us, would you take back the CL win to still have a sense of identity or belonging at this football club? My answer then was No, my answer now is probably yes. I understand I didn't go to Munich so it's easy for me to be more flippant than those who did but sometimes you stop and look at think would it be the end of the world? Look at clubs like Rangers, Chester, AFC Wimbledon, Darlington and to a lesser extent Luton. Clubs that have pretty much come back from the dead with fans closer and more tightly knit than ever before, clubs with real fans at their stadiums, clubs that put the fans first and foremost above anything else. With the neo-liberalism that comes along with Premier League and vice-versa it's understandable why football clubs have allowed themselves to distance themselves from their communities and core fanbase but it is understandable. Even with all the money, City have still managed to keep their soul in tact.

I think I'm done. Not in terms of supporting this club. I'll always support this football club (have done since the age of 4) but I'm done in terms of emotionally investing myself in this club because this board and management always find a way to let me down. Trophies to me are just a bonus, I just want a football club to be proud of. I was proud when we were a midtable club with a moderate history. I was proud when I went to my first Chelsea game, I was proud when I was told by my neighbour (who has been Chelsea since 60s) of the relegations and "dark days". I was proud when I heard of us losing to Rotherham and co. I'm not proud now and I no longer feel as though I matter or I'm part of what the club is trying to achieve. The board are just pulling in a different direction.

Whether Benitez goes or stays, the fact he was allowed to come here pretty much was a spit in the face of every Chelsea fan and the day we became a laughing stock across Europe. This is etched in our history and will be in my mind forever. Even if Mourinho were to come back, I can't say I'd have the same affinity towards the club with this board in charge for a long time if not ever.

There was a question on here somewhere asking....WHERE is the teams spine..................Well where is ours....Roman has made mistakes...The puppets of the board have made mistakes RB has made mistakes and so has the team...Surely your love for the FAMILY , your chelsea , our chelsea cant and wont be given up as easily as that.....WE are a laughing stock for MANY reasons including being luckily, the best team in europe last year to being in 3rd place at the mo with not too many prospects of silverware this year...GET YOURS and the rest of you weeping Blues into order...Sit up ..Still be proud....Next season WILL be different....We will always have the detractors pisstakers etc...(but) most of it is born from envy......ITS TIME ALL US WINGERS GOT SOME SPINE n courage to face all that sh*t ...WE ARE CHELSEA !!!

I wish the season would just end now with a top 4 spot guaranteed. We could all take a couple of months off and come back with a new manager we are all behind and look forward to a new season. There will still be bad feeling towards the people running the club but for 90 minutes every saturday we could forget about it. At the moment this is all hard to take because it has come of the back of the greatest night in our history.

Big things were expected of this season and not many could of imagined how it would turn out. Things can be repaired and this time next year we could all be sitting here in a totally different mood.

Chin up guys!

Edited by Bluehatter

As the saying goes " I was there when we were sh1t", on the benches and at away games, and even in the dark days with relegation from the old 2nd division a possibility, never saw fans this fed up, and all were behind the team and the manager.

New low for the club, and even worse after last May.