Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Strange he's too young for me, unless manager friction.
Not really, I think he actually made that decision so he can be left out of the Nation's cup qualifiers so he can be focused on fighting for a place in Sarri's team. He didn't actually meant retiring finally from the national team. Just watch out if he can continue with his current form, he will rescind his decision and be invited to the team.

• 1 month later...

17 hours ago, I Am Gay 4 Diegod said:

Would you mind explaining to me why it’s obvious, I haven’t seen him in any videos or at any of the games or in any of the squads that I recall since early feb

Chelsea have put a few training videos on twitter with him on. He's not in the matachday squads, however could be with Rudiger now being injured. No manager would dare to send their club captain to train with the reserves, would lose the dressing room instantly.

9 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Definitely. I know Chelsea fans rate this kid highly, but I think he is somebody that needs to go out on loan before being put into the first team. He looks like a red card waiting to happen at times. 

And i dont think he's a midfielder personally, looks better in defence.

A bit off topic but personally don't rate Ampadu's potential to be a starter at this level, looking back I think Ake showed more promise at a similar age.

Would be nice to see Gary get one or two final run outs as a goodbye - given the last league game of the season may be crucial for top 4, this is probably the only remaining game we can afford to throw him into without jeopardizing too much.

7 hours ago, Jonty said:

A bit off topic but personally don't rate Ampadu's potential to be a starter at this level, looking back I think Ake showed more promise at a similar age.

Would be nice to see Gary get one or two final run outs as a goodbye - given the last league game of the season may be crucial for top 4, this is probably the only remaining game we can afford to throw him into without jeopardizing too much.

Not saying I disagree but be interested to know what you are basing that on as we've barely seen him play this season?

In games I have seen him (not for Chelsea first team), he looks mature beyond his years and very assured on the ball and when fit will be in the Wales side more often than not (OK, I know it's Wales!)

But I do wonder if he is another player (a bit like Ake) who will suffer from not having an obvious favoured position so he gets played all over the place which won't do him any favours. Utility players are handy to have in the squad but they don't tend to get a great deal of actual game time. I would like to see him play more though, although expect it will be a season long loan for him somewhere next season.

7 hours ago, Jonty said:

Not saying I disagree but be interested to know what you are basing that on as we've barely seen him play this season?

In games I have seen him (not for Chelsea first team), he looks mature beyond his years and very assured on the ball and when fit will be in the Wales side more often than not (OK, I know it's Wales!)

But I do wonder if he is another player (a bit like Ake) who will suffer from not having an obvious favoured position so he gets played all over the place which won't do him any favours. Utility players are handy to have in the squad but they don't tend to get a great deal of actual game time. I would like to see him play more though, although expect it will be a season long loan for him somewhere next season.

19 hours ago, Nibs said:

I can't recall the exact games but believe there were a few earlier in the season where he got out on the field for a decent run - of course a small sample size but unfortunately that's all you tend to get with young players on the fringe.

I haven't watched him play for Wales or the youth team, so granted there will be others with a more informed opinion.

On ?15?/?04?/?2019 at 08:01, RIP Mourinho said:

Would rather see Ampadu, or is he still injured?

I like his attitude and mentality.  I like that he protects his teammates when they take a cheap shot from an opponent.  He seems to talk a lot on the field, moving players around.  I think these qualities he has are much needed and lacking in our squad.

It feels like Conte rated him more than Sarri does.  Haven't seen much of him after he auditioned to be Jorginho's back up.  

Edited by Boston Blue

• 3 weeks later...

29 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

A shame it doesn't seem like he'll get one final game ... top servant, and a fine example of someone who extracted every ounce of possible performance out of the hand they were dealt.

6 starts this season, 6 wins ... and 3 clean sheets. Good luck to him in the next stage of his career !

Is this comment about Sarri?

Poor from Gary to come out with a comment like this again at such a crucial part of the season. For me this is why he'll never be considered a Chelsea great, could you see Terry having digs at a manager when we're so close to top 4 and a European cup.

Cahill was told he wasn't to fit the system last summer and had the chance to leave twice, he personally chose to stay so can have no complaints about his game time. Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen and Ampadu all fit the system better than him, if he was truly bothered about playing he would have gone to Fulham in January.

11 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Poor from Gary to come out with a comment like this again at such a crucial part of the season. For me this is why he'll never be considered a Chelsea great, could you see Terry having digs at a manager when we're so close to top 4 and a European cup.

Cahill was told he wasn't to fit the system last summer and had the chance to leave twice, he personally chose to stay so can have no complaints about his game time. Luiz, Rudiger, Christensen and Ampadu all fit the system better than him, if he was truly bothered about playing he would have gone to Fulham in January.

I reluctantly agree with this. Cahill knew he was 4th choice in a defence of 2. Does he really think he should be ahead of rudiger Luiz or Christensen? He was given every opportunity to leave. He refused to take it. Why? Because he knew he'd have to take a cut in pay. If he wanted to play we'd have let him go for free. 

Coming out with an interview now is spineless. Wait until you leave before you start mouthing off. 

Maybe sarri could have massaged his ego more, but this general view he has that the old guard should be looked after more is actually one of the things wrong with our club. 

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

My first thought as well.  Why do this interview now?  Crucial, crucial part of the season and he’s comes out blabbing this nonsense.  Would not be surprised one bit if Cahill is the rumored dressing room rat from earlier in the season.

That being said, thanks for your time here Gary and best of luck in the future.

2 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Just a point on the press, this might not be a new interview it might have been done some time ago and the media have decided for their own reasons to run with this now.

Still doesn't excuse that kind of behaviour. Wait till the season is over and then talk all you want. He was told in the summer he's not in Sarri's plans and was given a chance to leave but chose to stay put. We all know the reason, he didn't want to take a pay cut. So as long as you're a part of the squad, shut the f**k up and get on with it. Gary may not like or respect Sarri or how he was treated under the new regime, but him going public with his grievances is the last thing this team needs.