Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

He is a good solid defender but not 'World Class' or in the JT mould in terms of reading the game, we need another Zouma for the long term, younger, quicker and stronger....4 years... a bit too long for my liking..but hopefully will be moved after a season or two.

On the fence about this decision. 

He's been off the boil this season along with every other player but it is important to keep an English contingent within the squad, especially one who has won so much and gained vital experience. I wish he was future captain instead of Ivanovic.

What we need is to increase the amount of English players within the side. A solid £20million bid for Andy Carroll should be just enough to prise him away from West Ham.

He's been off the boil this season along with every other player but it is important to keep an English contingent within the squad, especially one who has won so much and gained vital experience. I wish he was future captain instead of Ivanovic.

What we need is to increase the amount of English players within the side. A solid £20million bid for Andy Carroll should be just enough to prise him away from West Ham.

Sorry Andy, we just don't want you here.

Good luck with the injury (I assume chances are you have one)

SERIOUSLY????

Carroll is not worth £20 let alone £20m........

Thank god you are not in charge of transfer policy.! We would be playing non-league football in record time.

If we're going for injury-prone and English we'd probably be better off attempting to re-sign Sturridge.

Sturridge is playing really well for Liverpool when not injured, but he isn't suited to the current style Chelsea are playing. Carroll is.

He'd be a nightmare to deal with up front when we're trying to hold the ball up. Definitely a good impact sub and someone to bring on to control the game if we're winning.

Sturridge would fit well into our counter attacking threat but he strikes me as being lazy off the ball. 

Sturridge is playing really well for Liverpool when not injured, but he isn't suited to the current style Chelsea are playing. Carroll is.

He'd be a nightmare to deal with up front when we're trying to hold the ball up. Definitely a good impact sub and someone to bring on to control the game if we're winning.

Sturridge would fit well into our counter attacking threat but he strikes me as being lazy off the ball. 

Your picture is what JM would look like if he was told RA had just signed Carroll............

Sturridge is playing really well for Liverpool when not injured...

It's just that being injured is his usual status. He's played in five matches this season in all competitions and only twice he's played the full 90 minutes. Last season he missed about two thirds of the season.

...but he isn't suited to the current style Chelsea are playing. Carroll is.

That is true. A player that would fit our style would be one who is not injured for most of the season. Carroll is not much better in that sense, if at all. He's already missed half of the current season and last season he was injured for more than half of the season and the season before that was even slightly worse. His last season when he wasn't injured for majority of the season was in 2011/2012 and that's an exception when you look at his career.

And please don't mention Falcao and Diego Costa. Just because we have players who are injured a lot doesn't mean we should gamble on another player with a long history of injuries. Quite the opposite in fact.

Ok ok... I assumed you were joking but you're sounding more and more like youre serious... We need English players in our squad, and your answer is Andy Carroll? Whatever the question is, the answer is never Andy Carroll.

he is 26 and has only scored 35 league goals in the prem, having played his first game in January 2009. thats an average of 6-7 goals a season. Thats 1 goal per season better off than Torres. I wont be happy if we join the queue to pay 20 mil for that return.

And you can argue about injuries, but a 6 year period is long enough to prove a regular goalscorer or not

• 1 month later...