Celery1989

Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

56 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

Stop giving 100% categoric statements, its a 100% categoric opinion!!!

Stop giving explanation points, there is no need to shout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I honestly can't think of a reason why Cahill gets all this sh*t thrown at him. Is it because people like to compare him to Terry ? I think he is a great captain, and a great defender who picks a goal or three a season. And I for one think you can't start a match with an English team without an English player on the pitch. Most people here complaining about him need to start getting their head out of their *ss.

When Ramos scoring goals people nominate him as the best defender in the world but don't notice the stupid cards he gets and mistakes he makes. I have nothing against Ramos, all I say is scoring goals that are a huge bonus for a defender and Cahill has scored some important goals for us this season. 

He started the season really poor, I remember myself shouting to bench him with Ivanovic, but Conte has changed the tactic and players have changed with him. He looked very solid, he had mistakes of course but who doesn't? He continues to prove himself, not only as a player, he also a good leader. I would be honest, I don't want him to leave, he still offers us positive things, Rudiger's come might put him in danger but I think we should stick with Azpi-Luiz-Cahill into the beginning of the next season as well. 

We don't need to lose him, he always does his best and shows great character, a simple example for the young players. 

1 hour ago, IliyaKrostin said:

Antonio Conte has confirmed that Gary Cahill will become Chelsea`s new permanent captain following the departure of John Terry.

Wow. But not a bad choice. Always have respect for GC

1 hour ago, CarefreeSimmo_ said:

He's been given the captaincy because he's English, no other reason. Blatant Racism by Conte. No place for that in sport. 

Dave or Luiz should've been named Captain.

This is a joke post, right?

1 hour ago, didierforever said:

Andreas looked quite good. Shame he had no cover from cesc/GC/Tibo. 

agreed. just a shame the scoreline looks bad when he was on even though none of it was his fault. 

I'm not undermining Gary's leadership skills not at all. After JT you got to be a go to guy and have cajones to do it. I bet Gary is a great lad and excellent leader. Congrats Gazza. Well deserved.

He wouldn't have been my first choice as I think he's a limited defender (at this level - still a very very good defender) and I reckon Rudiger & Christensen will prove tough competition for Cahill for his place in the back three.

In terms of personality and attitude then he certainly is a good selection, he's won it all in his time with us and has always been 100% committed to the cause. He always comes across well in interviews as well, particularly the official Chelsea one that he done regarding the captaincy!

Good luck Gazza!!