Celery1989

Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

Does it matter if he goes to a team like Everton, Burnley or even somewhere like Leicester or Newcastle?  Terry went to Aston Villa and we don't think any less of him.  Cahill was a brilliant player for us who barely put a foot wrong until age caught up with him a bit, and even then you could still see how much effort he put in with every match he played.

We have a couple of good, young defenders and are linked with another promising defender in Rugani so there's simply not a place for Cahill anymore.  That doesn't take away everything he has given for the club since his arrival.  If he goes then good luck to him, he deserves it.

Rumour says we want to get rid of him as Rugani comes in.

To be fair Sarri said in his presser specifically he needs certain attributes from his defenders so I really see something happening in this department. I think Luiz is once again playing. 

9 hours ago, Valerie said:

He was fantastic for us, kept his head down and worked hard. If/when he goes, I hope he gets some farewell moment, it is well deserved.

Hope he gets some decent playing time elsewhere.

I do believe Mr Yorkley may be making one of his classic japes...

Rumours today that United might go in for him, Chelsea retirement home there or something?

He could do well at a club like Burnley. Northern lad previously at Bolton, he would add a level of maturity and balance to an already strong defensive unit. He could be a good Dyche type of player.

Oh and we could use him as part of trade for Pope as well :wink:

Spot on. No ego boll1xing, just got on with the job.

If this is true, I will miss GC - IMHO GC was a great servant for Chelsea in The Golden Age of Chelsea since I have been following the club - I will always cheer for Gary Cahill!!!

Chelsea have done well by Cahill but I think his time is up here and he’s right to move on. Surely Ampadu must go ahead of him in the pecking order now and wouldn’t want to see Cahill ahead of him on the bench again like last night.

IMHO GC should be a Chelsea Legend for this tackle on Bales

gc_dup.gif

Most people want anoint Bale as the Next Coming of Christ but GC showed that he is not superior to a Chelsea Player

While I wouldn't put him alongside the all time Chelsea greats, he's been a quality player and great value for money player for us!

He's still good enough for the Premiership for another season or two but no longer for a top team, so its best for both player and club he moves on. I wish him all the very best for the future wherever he moves to next. Top bloke as well as a fine player!

1 hour ago, Dixon said:

While I wouldn't put him alongside the all time Chelsea greats, he's been a quality player and great value for money player for us!

He's still good enough for the Premiership for another season or two but no longer for a top team, so its best for both player and club he moves on. I wish him all the very best for the future wherever he moves to next. Top bloke as well as a fine player!

I would. The man has been a class act and won the lot with us. Rightly up there with our best defenders ashely Cole, JT and dave.

He has given 100% in every game, never complained, captained us to Trophies and has been an outstanding signing especially for the price. Maybe not a legend up there with our greatest ever players but he's certainly going to be remembered as a top level professional. Nows the right time to go though, with Christensen and Ampadu ahead of him. 

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I do wonder why sarri does not give him a chance. Imo he is better than luiz as he has good distribution and is a much more solid defender.

Maybe is the lack of pace.

He's a better defender than Luiz, but his distribution is pretty bad. Easily the worst out of our options.

10 hours ago, axman2526 said:

I would. The man has been a class act and won the lot with us. Rightly up there with our best defenders ashely Cole, JT and dave.

Great servant to the club, but I don't think he gets into that top category. Cole and JT were arguably the best in their position in the world during their time here, cahill has never reached those heights. 

He has been a fantastic buy, but I think the change in philosophy is the final nail in the coffin for him at chelsea, as he isn't good enough under pressure with the ball at his feet. 

I think he still has a few years left in him at a mid-table club, he's a very good defender, especially in a team that sits a little deeper.

On 18/07/2018 at 11:23, Delnino said:

Cahill played one game, how was that fantastic?

The sooner hes gone the better, hes nowhere near good enough to play for Chelsea week in week out, a decent servant to the club but nostalgia counts for nothing in this game.

Blimey that's a bit ungrateful, he maybe not up to Chelsea standard now, but over the last 6 plus years, he's been part of a team that's given me some wonderful Chelsea moments. Where ever you go Gary, you'll get a clap from me when you come down the Chelsea end.

I think its a bit of shame that Gallas is never mentioned as a Chelsea great. I know he left under a bit of a cloud, but he was fantastic for us during his time. I think I'm correct in saying that one season him and Terry played 22 league games as the centre back pairing and Chelsea did not concede a single goal in those games.

11 minutes ago, Dixon said:

I think its a bit of shame that Gallas is never mentioned as a Chelsea great. I know he left under a bit of a cloud, but he was fantastic for us during his time. I think I'm correct in saying that one season him and Terry played 22 league games as the centre back pairing and Chelsea did not concede a single goal in those games.

When you threaten to score an own goal unless you get a move to the Gooners, that makes you a Legendary c**t in my eyes.

25 minutes ago, charierre said:

When you threaten to score an own goal unless you get a move to the Gooners, that makes you a Legendary c**t in my eyes.

I'm judging him entirely on his performances for us.

Sometimes, people say some very stupid things when they are upset. Also, Gallas has denied he ever said that.

Edited by Dixon

Not surprised he might leave, he’s still good enough to be playing regularly for a Premier League team but I just don’t think he suits Sarri’s style of play. 

He backs off a lot when defending and isn’t really suited to playing a high press, he isn’t particularly comfortable on his left foot and I think the way we’re playing the centre backs need to be able to play out on both feet.

Tremendous signing though, bargain at £7m, arguably one of the best signings of the Roman era.

Ampadu might be promoted to 4th choice if Gary does leave as I think we’re pretty well covered without needing to sign a replacement. 

He should have kept his thoughts in house and took a leaf from JT's book on how he dealt with Conte dropping him.

But that doesn't atall take away what he's done for the club but ultimately this is the right time as not even prime Gaz would have fitted Sarriball. Hopefully there's a home game around the Christmas/new year period we are winning comfortably so we can give him the send off he deserves.