Celery1989

Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

On 09/01/2019 at 09:51, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently was given a tour of Fulham's training ground yesterday along with Drinkwater and Moses with all three possibly making moves there this month. 

Is their training ground called Chelsea Retirement Village?

On ‎09‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 09:51, ForeverCarefree said:

Apparently was given a tour of Fulham's training ground yesterday along with Drinkwater and Moses with all three possibly making moves there this month. 

Now that would be interesting if all three went there, 'Chelsea Reject' chant coming to mind though perhaps not straight away. 

I liked Cahill, but I’ve never warmed to him like I did with Terry, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Luiz etc.

I really can’t tell whether it’s down to his personality or skills, Terry was a leader, he marshalled the defence, won numerous titles, Chelsea legend. Carvalho, slick Portuguese defender, great passer, great at reading the game, A.Cole, world’s best left back. Luiz, brilliant and shocking defender at the same time, play with pure passion, clearly loves Chelsea. Gary Cahill, meh, won great trophies with us but I’ve never had him down as a leader, he seems prone to mistakes, just generally an uncomfortable defender.

Does anyone else feel the same? 

I feel the same except I was not as keen on Luiz once he returned. 

Cahill has done a great job mostly considering he was an afterthought coming from Bolton. He's been on his way out since Conte was in charge and I'm surprised he lasted this long

23 minutes ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

I feel the same except I was not as keen on Luiz once he returned. 

Cahill has done a great job mostly considering he was an afterthought coming from Bolton. He's been on his way out since Conte was in charge and I'm surprised he lasted this long

Bit of a discredit if you ask me. He’s been a great servant for the club and the only reason he is off is because he just isn’t good enough anymore. Age not on his side. 

11 hours ago, Itsintheblood89 said:

Bit of a discredit if you ask me. He’s been a great servant for the club and the only reason he is off is because he just isn’t good enough anymore. Age not on his side. 

100% agree, his time was up last year. Other than that hes been a terrific player and servant to the club.

14 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I liked Cahill, but I’ve never warmed to him like I did with Terry, Carvalho, Ashley Cole, Luiz etc.

I really can’t tell whether it’s down to his personality or skills,

Pathetic post  ! Do you know him personally ? how else would you know his personality ? Don't tell me from the TV.:laugh2:

3 hours ago, coco said:

Pathetic post  ! Do you know him personally ? how else would you know his personality ? Don't tell me from the TV.:laugh2:

You’ve misunderstood me. Footballing character.

Just now, nominator said:

Good luck at Craven Cottage - honest player, physically strong defender, limited here and there, but always 100% Chelsea. I liked him very much.

On 19/01/2019 at 05:02, Chelsbear said:

One of our best bits of business in recent memory. 

Won the lot playing a big part in everything we did.

Exactly, mate.  Went from being nearly relegated with Bolton to winning the lot with us.  An amazing servant for teh club, and not much more you could ask for.  Well, maybe not to do that arms behind the back and backing away thing that he and Brana seemed so keen on

2 hours ago, mad_mac said:

Exactly, mate.  Went from being nearly relegated with Bolton to winning the lot with us.  An amazing servant for teh club, and not much more you could ask for.  Well, maybe not to do that arms behind the back and backing away thing that he and Brana seemed so keen on

That was a Luiz thing mostly.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Is it an indication of how much GC is being paid if he can turn down playing for Monaco or Juventus to stay here and not play football?

I don't quite understand this. Cahill has a contract. What he's getting paid isn't really up for debate right now, just how much each team pays of his salary while he's on loan. 

From what I understand, he doesn't want to play for a team for only six months and wants a permanent deal as part of his loan. That makes sense, except playing at Fulham makes sense because he wouldn't have to move. 

But not wanting to do a 6 month loan is more about him not wanting to bounce around IMO. 

2 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

I don't quite understand this. Cahill has a contract. What he's getting paid isn't really up for debate right now, just how much each team pays of his salary while he's on loan. 

From what I understand, he doesn't want to play for a team for only six months and wants a permanent deal as part of his loan. That makes sense, except playing at Fulham makes sense because he wouldn't have to move. 

But not wanting to do a 6 month loan is more about him not wanting to bounce around IMO. 

Fair point, although i understood that the Fulham deal that was agreed was permanent and broke down over his personal terms. I asumed from the headlines that the Monaco and Juventus situations were also permanent moves.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Fair point, although i understood that the Fulham deal that was agreed was permanent and broke down over his personal terms. I asumed from the headlines that the Monaco and Juventus situations were also permanent moves.

So you can understand why he wouldn't want to go to Fulham under a long term deal he's not interested in. They could be in the championship next season.

Monaco is a dumpster fire right now and Juventus is trading one bench for another in another country away from his family. 

I understand why he's saying... I'll stay out and negotiate my next team free from Chelsea in June. (though technically, he could do that now.)

1 minute ago, Skinnedy said:

I understand why he's saying... I'll stay out and negotiate my next team free from Chelsea in June. (though technically, he could do that now.)

I’m sure he’s one of those players our club would let go for free as a sign of gratitude for all he’s achieved here. We’re good to players who are good to us. 

2 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

I’m sure he’s one of those players our club would let go for free as a sign of gratitude for all he’s achieved here. We’re good to players who are good to us. 

I agree. 

That would point to the idea that he'd rather sit on the bench until summer than take a pay cut and play right away. 

Maybe the right situation hasn't presented itself though. Fulham, Monaco, Juventus arent good long term fits for him. 

10 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

So you can understand why he wouldn't want to go to Fulham under a long term deal he's not interested in. They could be in the championship next season.

Monaco is a dumpster fire right now and Juventus is trading one bench for another in another country away from his family. 

Only if he wants to move abroad. I'm sure you can only agree a contract on a Bosman ruling with teams from other leagues. If he wants to stay in the Prem, he'll have to wait until summer to negotiate.