Celery1989

Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

What an idiot. And now his chance of a send off is completely gone for disrespecting the manager in the press. A few games before the end of the season. Maybe Sarri could have had a word but that's clearly not how he operates.  He hasn't played because he's a liability on the ball. And thinks he should play because he's won a lot in the past. 

I suspect he stayed in the hope of getting another medal remember with JT even if he was not playing in a final he would put on full kit to queue up and get a medal.

He was never goign to survive in a team that looked to play out fromteh back, becuase he is not a footballer. As has been said previously he only stayed on out of greed and his over inflated ego.

Thanks for being JT's sidekick whilst we won our trophies, time to move along please. Bye.

He's been a pretty good source for Matt Law that past couple of years, hence the Cahill puff piece from Law last year. 

I'm not going to miss any of the over 30 brigade.... Except maybe Giroud 😁

7 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

As has been said previously he only stayed on out of greed

I don't blame greed so much as lack of interest. Think of the three clubs he was linked to.

Monaco... Train wreck. I'm wondering if Cesc would have rather stuck around until the end of the season in hindsight. 

Juve - trade one bench for the other in a foreign league away from your family. As you certainly wouldn't move them for a six month loan move. 

Fulham - relegation battle. Though I'd have thought this one would have been a good loan move for him until the end of the season. But I can't blame someone for not wanting to go to Fulham on January. Not as bad as they were. 

It made sense for him to see out his contract, weigh his options in June and plan for the next three years of his life. 

But keep your mouth shut while you're doing it Gary. 

11 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

He was never goign to survive in a team that looked to play out fromteh back, becuase he is not a footballer. As has been said previously he only stayed on out of greed and his over inflated ego.

Thanks for being JT's sidekick whilst we won our trophies, time to move along please. Bye.

Thats a pretty piss poor summation of a good good player for us, Remember JT never played in that patched up CL winning team, nor the Europa final the following year, he has been a good servant for us, admit he should of moved on......but come on

11 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Thats a pretty piss poor summation of a good good player for us, Remember JT never played in that patched up CL winning team, nor the Europa final the following year, he has been a good servant for us, admit he should of moved on......but come on

Just now, Ballack & Blu said:

Fair point, but sorry i never rated him. Oscar was also apparently a good player for us over time, but he is another that i just didn't rate.  I suppose we all have our favourites and our favourite villains. With Cahill I never felt particularly confident in as I felt he always had mistakes in him and couldn't play football with the ball at his feet.

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Fair point, but sorry i never rated him. Oscar was also apparently a good player for us over time, but he is another that i just didn't rate.  I suppose we all have our favourites and our favourite villains. With Cahill I never felt particularly confident in as I felt he always had mistakes in him and couldn't play football with the ball at his feet.

Plus this year we miss his presence and goals he chipped in with, Luiz has had a shocker in front of goal..

Poorly timed but just highlights the difference in man management for me. It’s easy to say ‘imagine JT doing that’ - well he didn’t need to because Conte might not have played him much but still kept him as a central figure within our dressing room as we marched towards the title, coincidence? I don’t think so.

It’s badly timed by Cahill to put this out now, it could have waited until the end of the season. However, it’s ridiculous to claim it detracts from what he’s done for us. He’s won all there is to win at Chelsea and for that he IS a chelsea great. He’s been a terrific servant to this club and I’ll be forever grateful to him for all the wonderful memories I have. I wish him all the best in wherever he ends up next.

In fact, I’ve just been arguing with a chelsea page on twitter who claims Cahill ‘was never that good anyway and was carried by JT all along’. Yet some wonder why we’re called plastics.

EEC682B1-0AAB-48E4-8B36-17A0C31205B2.jpeg.dc16f140d776c6279d3dfeed29043609.jpeg

It seems maybe it is just me .. but I really don’t think Andreas Christendom is Chelsea quality to be playing in a back 2. Especially with Luiz. his heading is below average and puts the team under trouble every time. Also has a mistake in him..  

I understand  his disenchantment with Sarri.. only tells me why I don’t want him as a long term head coach.. his relationship with DD, CHO, Morata,Fabregas, .. all players we needed to be more involved in the team ..

for me me a proper defender who had some really good moments for us.

You know what this season really needed? Cahill with his hands behind his back backing away from attackers for a few km every game.

Oh no wait, we’re going to finish top 4, make a final, maybe 2 finals minimum and perhaps a trophy. 

Well, after 8 years here, I think Gary Cahill can leave us with a lot of respect and honour. Great servant, great defender, great leader, will never be forgotten here.

Thank you for everything! 

Maybe he still can lift the Europe League with us twice, but doesn't matter what, I loved him and hope to see him in our club at different positions as well.

Thank you, Gary Cahill!

I get he's frustrated but show some damn respect. He couldn't wait a month until his move to express his frustrations?

Not sure what kind of send off he's getting now but it has to take some shine off of it. I'm so tired of this kind of player power at Chelsea,

That interview ruins his ending for me. Being frustrated is understandable, but leave it until the end of the season. Imagine how awkward things are now with him in training and the dressing room. At this time of the season, we don't need that kind of sh*t. I don't like how he has been frozen out this season, but maybe it's best for the squad if he isn't included in the squad in the remaining games. All focus needs to be about securing top 4 and winning the Europa League, we don't need this childish drama.

Willian got a lot of deserved criticism for his comments about Conte towards the end of the season last season, and it would be hypocritical for me not criticise Cahill too. The situation is slightly different because Willian was at least playing, but save it until the season is over and done with.

Thanks for everything, you have proven a lot of people wrong over the years and helped us win trophies, but the comments were poorly timed and you have spoiled what should have been nice send off.

1 hour ago, cuppaT said:

You know what this season really needed? Cahill with his hands behind his back backing away from attackers for a few km every game.

Oh no wait, we’re going to finish top 4, make a final, maybe 2 finals minimum and perhaps a trophy. 

Fair points. Don't think we would have ever win anything with Cahill in the team.

Great servant for the club and appreciate everything he is done, but an embarrassing way to end his Chelsea career. He's entitled to his opinion but he could have shown class and waited until the end of the season to speak his truth. Hopefully, his departure marks the beginning of the end to player power at the club.

Nice touch by Sarri to give him a little time and a nice closing  speech from GC.

I hope he goes on to do something he is happy with, despite the paper article above I think he has been a top servant for the club over his tenure. 

The outright disrespect some of our fanbase show to great servants like Cahill is really disappointing. An excellent defender who put his body in the way of everything, particularly on our way to the Champions League trophy. I think he’ll make an excellent signing for a PL side. All the best, Gaz. 

Listen if a new manager comes in charged with changing the way we play and wants to totally shed the old system and try and blow away some of that stagnant form we were in, he tells you that you won’t play, you have 2 windows to move on but sit and collect a check who’s faults that? 

Been a great servant but piss poor show from him, Sarri is smarter than what he is given credit for, our team threw 2 top managers under the bus, cesc was a leading figure in that, gone, Willian has certainly seen less of an important role and maybe he saw the captain of the team that wouldn’t play for 2 top managers tte season after a title win as someone he needed out, can you blame him. 

He changed our identity with barely any new players, started well lost the team a bit but dragged them back to a top 4 finish and one foot in a European final, brought 2 youth players into key roles, the team are responding to him so is it ooor management  no I think it’s very purposeful and clever.

What f**king more do you want from the man? Time to start backing the manager and showing a bit of beleif in him and the club should do the same.

He is not as experienced as some of the top managers but Sarri is a top top manager in the making, anyone who has a clue can see that instead of whinging about sarri ball and talking about aspects they haven’t the first clue about.