Celery1989

Gary Cahill - PL CL FAC LC EL champion

On 21/08/2019 at 16:04, RIP Mourinho said:

Am i the only one finding Cahill really disrespectful to Sarri? 

Ehh not really, surprised at the comments in the tweets. 

We don't really know what happened behind the scenes, Sarri might have been disrespectful towards Cahill or whatever. These professionals are very confident in their abilities, they're over confident even, they have to be, it's no surprise he believes he would've been starting under Lampard really. 

Plus Lampard had the same situation under AVB, I remember how piss poor Lampard was in 2010-2012 minus the Di Matteo managerial period, he was awful in Carlo's 2nd season and under AVB and AVB actually had every right to sit him out. Lampard was one of the players who protested AVB and was still making comments in the media about him after he was sacked referring him to "the man who never played me", in fairness he wasn't fit for being a starter at the time. 

I hope Cahill gets a good reception at home, he was a magnificent servant for this club and gave us some really good years. 

34 minutes ago, Slojo said:

We don't really know what happened behind the scenes, Sarri might have been disrespectful towards Cahill or whatever. These professionals are very confident in their abilities, they're over confident even, they have to be, it's no surprise he believes he would've been starting under Lampard really. 

Plus Lampard had the same situation under AVB, I remember how piss poor Lampard was in 2010-2012 minus the Di Matteo managerial period, he was awful in Carlo's 2nd season and under AVB and AVB actually had every right to sit him out. Lampard was one of the players who protested AVB and was still making comments in the media about him after he was sacked referring him to "the man who never played me", in fairness he wasn't fit for being a starter at the time. 

I hope Cahill gets a good reception at home, he was a magnificent servant for this club and gave us some really good years. 

No issue with those comments. He wanted to play and had given the club many years of service before essentially being blanked. 

Just on the Frank stuff, he wasn't playing poorly. AVB just had a sh*t setup and was trying to shoehorn a style onto players who it didn't suit. No surprise Robbie came in did away with that crap and we won the Champions League with Frank at the heart of it all. Anyone who would play Raul Meireles ahead of Frank Lampard needs their head examined. AVB had one good year at a club where he had a ludicrously good squad and then has been sh*t the rest of his career. He is by far the worst manager of Chelsea in the Premier League era.

Nothing wrong with what Cahill said there in fact it's something I thought he must be thinking, if he knew Lamps would be in charge now he would be less adamant about leaving Chelsea, realistically though the same thing would have happened with Tomori's emergence

10 hours ago, Spiller86 said:

No issue with those comments. He wanted to play and had given the club many years of service before essentially being blanked. 

Just on the Frank stuff, he wasn't playing poorly. AVB just had a sh*t setup and was trying to shoehorn a style onto players who it didn't suit. No surprise Robbie came in did away with that crap and we won the Champions League with Frank at the heart of it all. Anyone who would play Raul Meireles ahead of Frank Lampard needs their head examined. AVB had one good year at a club where he had a ludicrously good squad and then has been sh*t the rest of his career. He is by far the worst manager of Chelsea in the Premier League era.

Disagree, Lampard was dreadful around that period, I remember it well. AVB came in with a different system, we knew what to expect, he wanted high paced football, Lampard couldn't provide that, he was like 34 at the time or something? And he wasn't playing well, that's why he got benched and rightly so tbh. Not saying AVB was a good manager, he wasn't, but Lampard was definitely not playing well, he only started to play well when Robbie came. 

7 hours ago, Slojo said:

Disagree, Lampard was dreadful around that period, I remember it well. AVB came in with a different system, we knew what to expect, he wanted high paced football, Lampard couldn't provide that, he was like 34 at the time or something? And he wasn't playing well, that's why he got benched and rightly so tbh. Not saying AVB was a good manager, he wasn't, but Lampard was definitely not playing well, he only started to play well when Robbie came. 

Naturally I disagree and I think we have a different view on managing. For mine it's about getting the best from what you have, rather than imposing naive ways of playing when they don't suit the team. Remember it wasn't just Frank he cut but Cole too and others.

Now Sarri was similar, imposing a way of playing that didn't fit the squad. Recall it was only when he adjusted after the City loss that we turned it around. That puts him on a higher plane than AVB in my view who was so stubborn he couldn't change and then insisted on blaming everyone else years after.

The week in week out performances that Cahill is giving for Palace and Luiz is giving for Arsenal prove who the better defender is and always was. 

Not that it was ever in doubt really. One is a Captain, a leader, actually knows how to defend and gives 100% every game. The other has curly hair.

Loved the "he's won more than you" chant our fans sang to the Palace supporters.

Edited by just

On 09/11/2019 at 09:29, Slojo said:

13 hours ago, Slojo said:

Couldnt be further from the truth..

2010 -11

There was a reason why we signed FT.. out top goal scorer was Malouda who scored a few braces to get to 13... our attack was non-existent. This was also when Drogba had been diagnosed with Malaria.. Lampard scored 10 that season.. Infact i remember us missing sitter after sitter that season specially in the christmas period.. the reality is our forwards were dire that season.. as our last couple of have showed if your strikers dont score.. your team will be never prolific.. 

To add to that he missed 3 months of football due to injury that season.. and to still end up with 10 goals in the premier league in 20 odd appearances for a team that was struggling is on him.. so i would love to know how you think he was ****

2011-12

AVB was a disaster.. who didnt know how to get the best out of his teams.. he played Lamps (32 not 34) the greatest goal scoring mid fielder in a deeper role. He lost the dressing room before November.. his tactics meant we were always chasing the game. It wasnt about changing and chelsea players resisting... His tactics were poor and were found out after 5-6 games and exploited by all including QPR.. in a back four of Terry / Cahill he played a high line.. while with a front 3 of the likes of Sturridge, Drogba/Torres, Mata.. teams simply would hit the ball over the top and we got caught game after game after games.. 

And no matter how bad he played.. a midfield of Ramires, Raul M and Oriol Romeu over SFL.. you must be joking...  infact 2011-12 should be looked at one of SFL's greatest season's given his role in our UCL win.. not the other way around.. he top-scored with 11 goals ahead of D.S.

so i am curious as to why you think SFL was ***** during the 2010-12 period?

13 hours ago, just said:

The week in week out performances that Cahill is giving for Palace and Luiz is giving for Arsenal prove who the better defender is and always was. 

Not that it was ever in doubt really. One is a Captain, a leader, actually knows how to defend and gives 100% every game. The other has curly hair.

Loved the "he's won more than you" chant our fans sang to the Palace supporters.

He was actually really good last good, he was better than JT in our first two seasons under Mourinho IMHO, JT was quality at that age but Cahill couldn't even get a look in TOTY, they gave it to Kompany somehow. 

8 hours ago, Jangz said:

Couldnt be further from the truth..

2010 -11

There was a reason why we signed FT.. out top goal scorer was Malouda who scored a few braces to get to 13... our attack was non-existent. This was also when Drogba had been diagnosed with Malaria.. Lampard scored 10 that season.. Infact i remember us missing sitter after sitter that season specially in the christmas period.. the reality is our forwards were dire that season.. as our last couple of have showed if your strikers dont score.. your team will be never prolific.. 

To add to that he missed 3 months of football due to injury that season.. and to still end up with 10 goals in the premier league in 20 odd appearances for a team that was struggling is on him.. so i would love to know how you think he was ****

2011-12

AVB was a disaster.. who didnt know how to get the best out of his teams.. he played Lamps (32 not 34) the greatest goal scoring mid fielder in a deeper role. He lost the dressing room before November.. his tactics meant we were always chasing the game. It wasnt about changing and chelsea players resisting... His tactics were poor and were found out after 5-6 games and exploited by all including QPR.. in a back four of Terry / Cahill he played a high line.. while with a front 3 of the likes of Sturridge, Drogba/Torres, Mata.. teams simply would hit the ball over the top and we got caught game after game after games.. 

And no matter how bad he played.. a midfield of Ramires, Raul M and Oriol Romeu over SFL.. you must be joking...  infact 2011-12 should be looked at one of SFL's greatest season's given his role in our UCL win.. not the other way around.. he top-scored with 11 goals ahead of D.S.

so i am curious as to why you think SFL was ***** during the 2010-12 period?

Agree to disagree, no need to get angry about it, it's all in the past. 

That was a dark period for Chelsea days when our elite squad was all hitting their early 30's and coming out of their primes, it ended in great glory under Di Matteo though. 

But I remember very well that Lampard was playing poorly, injury aside I know, but he wasn't playing very well during those periods. John Terry wasn't playing well for AVB either, he couldn't play in the highline and was getting caught for pace. 2010-2011 we didn't really have any good players, I think Cech won POTY that says it all, and Ivanovic was a close 2nd, other than that were no real bright sparks, everyone was a shadow of themselves from the previous title win beforehand under Carlo. Then with AVB it just got worse. 

I'm not attacking Lampard, I'm just saying he was poor because he was, he wasn't the only one either. 

13 hours ago, just said:

While I'm not atall suggesting Luiz has done better than Cahill this season, even Thiago Silva looked awful playing for Emery. The guy doesn't have a clue on how to train a defense.

On 09/11/2019 at 04:37, Spiller86 said:

Blanked for a reason, Cahill was garbage towards the end

5 minutes ago, Argo said:

While I'm not atall suggesting Luiz has done better than Cahill this season, even Thiago Silva looked awful playing for Emery. The guy doesn't have a clue on how to train a defense.

If Luiz doesn't get any protection he's done for, Arsenal cannot protect their defence. 

Emery is shocking, no idea how he got that job, was his reign at PSG even impressive? His Champions League record doesn't look it and he even lost out on the League, granted that it was a really good Monaco side. 

1 hour ago, Slojo said:

If Luiz doesn't get any protection he's done for, Arsenal cannot protect their defence. 

Emery is shocking, no idea how he got that job, was his reign at PSG even impressive? His Champions League record doesn't look it and he even lost out on the League, granted that it was a really good Monaco side. 

Managing PSG is the easiest job in world football, its a guaranteed league title every season without even trying

19 minutes ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Managing PSG is the easiest job in world football, its a guaranteed league title every season without even trying

Carlo lost out on it but it was the first season as PSG just started to buy their players and got money. Emery had no excuse to not win the league, PSG have unlimited funds. 

18 hours ago, Slojo said:

Carlo lost out on it but it was the first season as PSG just started to buy their players and got money. Emery had no excuse to not win the league, PSG have unlimited funds. 

Yep, how Emery lost out on the league title there is beyond me. Though, I suppose you could argue that was the year that Monaco also got bought out by rich owners, so it was a pretty level playing field between them and PSG

On 10/11/2019 at 00:20, just said:

Yes. And he deserved a much better end to his career here at the club.

Shame we had the mercenary as our manager in his last season at the club. The disrespect shown to Cahill last season was nothing short of shameful. 

1 hour ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Not quite sure I understand this reference, care to elaborate?

It should be obvious.  He is asserting that you are the reincarnation of a past-banned member.  

Capece?

45 minutes ago, Phillip said:

It should be obvious.  He is asserting that you are the reincarnation of a past-banned member.  

Capece?

well im new here, im not aware of any past-banned members am I

2 hours ago, Sindre said:

Yes. And he deserved a much better end to his career here at the club.

Shame we had the mercenary as our manager in his last season at the club. The disrespect shown to Cahill last season was nothing short of shameful. 

Who should Cahill have been playing over under Sarri?

Luiz, Rudiger and Christensen were all better than him.

Terry got the same treatment under Conte, but took it like a man and helped the team instead of crying to the media.