Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Balanced against the wishes of millions of fans? Fans should be the one to judge how a man wants to be happy and improve his career?. Mate many here wants me and you to f*#k off and never return. Would you abide by their wishes?. Exactly.

Yes I do think the club has a responsibility to take the supporters feelings into consideration with decisions it makes. That's their role as custodians of this club and I think it's something people forget nowadays. They serve us, as administrators of a community club so of course they should consider us.

And I don't think many people want you to go away. I certainly don't.

Yes I do think the club has a responsibility to take the supporters feelings into consideration with decisions it makes. That's their role as custodians of this club and I think it's something people forget nowadays. They serve us, as administrators of a community club so of course they should consider us.

And I don't think many people want you to go away. I certainly don't.

The fans weren't consulted when we signed Diego,cesc,hazard,oscar et al or when lamps, didier, ballack left, we weren't called in to deliberate?. So why now when obviously the man wants to leave and asked if the club could honor him by not letting him leave London as his family was settled. A huge request but the club felt he deserved it and granted his wishes which many has praised the club for earlier in the season.

Going back on topic aha. Essentially i feel like the club has two options with Eden come the end of the season. If he asks to leave, (A) convince him to stay and help us get back into ucl for the following season or (B) cash in on him. With him publicly stating he wants to play for RMA at some point its inevitable that one day he will leave us to puruse the 'top brass' of European football. The main issue is why keep a player who clearly doesn't want to be here. Problem is though if we do cash in on him, will we be able to find a proper replacement. Its all well and good rebuilding the squad with the money (which is a must given the state of things this season) but without champions league football can we really attract the game changers, the players that will turn up for the big games? Because lets face it love him or hate him Hazard was our big game player last season. I feel like the ideal scenario would be the new manager comes in convinces eden to stay at least for the season and helps him find his form. Then in the following summer he goes for big money and b/c god willing we're back in the ucl we can actually attract the big players again. A lot of ifs and buts..... Also just something else, not bashing the guy but for a player that said he always wanted to win the ucl for the three seasons he's been in it with us he hasn't exactly done anything in the big games. Domestically yes but in Europe

Edited by Lloyd Jr.

Griezmann and Koke look quite happy contending for the title in Spain.

Mata has been poor most of the time at united.

If Simeone comes then Koke will probably be pursued.

If you believe the papers then Jose wants Griezeman in a swap deal for Mata if he goes to Utd

The fans weren't consulted when we signed Diego,cesc,hazard,oscar et al or when lamps, didier, ballack left, we weren't called in to deliberate?. So why now when obviously the man wants to leave and asked if the club could honor him by not letting him leave London as his family was settled. A huge request but the club felt he deserved it and granted his wishes which many has praised the club for earlier in the season.

Yeah, I'm not saying we should be consulted on every detail, just that there should be an awareness of what the supporters think about certain things. I think that connection is what's lacking at this club because I don't think there's anything of 'proper Chels' in the boardroom.

The Cech decision may have made sense on one level, but we have all been saying for years that Arsenal were lacking a top-class keeper and leadership in the dressing room and we gave them both. It's one thing to not strengthen our squad but to then strengthen another is naive at best. 

Tell that to man utd, arsenal, Liverpool....many many others. You couldn't have been more wrong.

Arsenal sat around with Fabianski and Szczesny for years when they could have spent some money and gotten better. Everyone was always annoyed with Wenger for refusing to address obvious holes on the team like defense and GK. That has nothing to do with the availability. There are several good GKs in Germany, Italy and Spain. 

United has always gone out and gotten a good GK. Van Der Saar and now De Gea. They also have Valdes in their reserves who should be playing with a top side.

There is a lot of GK you can find especially if you are a big club with no financial constraints.

You think Arsenal couldn't have bought Krul, Howard, Bravo, Begovic, Leno (Bayer Leverkusen) at any time if they wanted to over the last couple of years? They chose not to.

There are so many good GKs that you can win with and a lot of good Gks play for smaller clubs which means they are available.

Plus, my point was that we had arguably a top 3 GK in the world already who we knew was a character guy and a leader in the team and we gave him up. Cech would give us at minimum another 5 years to find a suitable replacement. 

Courtois is already being rumored to want to leave, Cech would have stayed with us even through relegation if it came to that.

Edited by Saaladin

A crime now to respect a man's wishes?

No one said anything about crime.

I did say it was a f**king disaster we supplied Arsenal, a direct and despised rival, with a world class goal keeper and a true leader in the dressing room when they were desperate for a top tier GK and while we are desperate for leadership.... and yes, in any sense of the situation from a CFC perspective, it has been and continues to be a f**king disaster.

But since we are speaking crime now, would it of been a crime for Cech to earn his multi-millions a year at almost any other club in the world, including any of the other London BPL clubs that weren't a hated rival a mere GK away from being title favorites? Would it of been a crime for Cech to be treated like every other player by every other club, ever?

Would of it been a crime for the board to put the considerations of hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans and not undermine the manager over the wishes of one player (boy, didnt that setup a tone going into the season, eh?  Manager has the final word? Ever heard of lame duck leadership?  Well this season has been a clear result of exactly the tone the club sent out regarding Mourinho's influence.  Couldnt even stop a players transfer to a hated rival. How was he going to cajole any of the core players in that dressing room when the powers to be effectively pointed out he doesnt call the shots?)?

So a crime, no.  A stupid piece of business that put the interests of one individual above the whole organization and its millions of fans?  Yes.  An idiotic move that strengthened a direct and despised rival while simultaneosly weakening our squad and nearly voiding it of its core leadership over a decade?  Yes.  A move that completely undermined a manager and either directly (or indirectly at most optimistic) helped lead to this disastrous season?  Obviously.  But a crime, of course not..... 

I did say it was a f**king disaster we supplied Arsenal, a direct and despised rival, with a world class goal keeper and a true leader in the dressing room when they were desperate for a top tier GK and while we are desperate for leadership.... and yes, in any sense of the situation from a CFC perspective, it has been and continues to be a f**king disaster.

But since we are speaking crime now, would it of been a crime for Cech to earn his multi-millions a year at almost any other club in the world, including any of the other London BPL clubs that weren't a hated rival a mere GK away from being title favorites? Would it of been a crime for Cech to be treated like every other player by every other club, ever?

Would of it been a crime for the board to put the considerations of hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans and not undermine the manager over the wishes of one player (boy, didnt that setup a tone going into the season, eh?  Manager has the final word? Ever heard of lame duck leadership?  Well this season has been a clear result of exactly the tone the club sent out regarding Mourinho's influence.  Couldnt even stop a players transfer to a hated rival. How was he going to cajole any of the core players in that dressing room when the powers to be effectively pointed out he doesnt call the shots?)?

So a crime, no.  A stupid piece of business that put the interests of one individual above the whole organization and its millions of fans?  Yes.  An idiotic move that strengthened a direct and despised rival while simultaneosly weakening our squad and nearly voiding it of its core leadership over a decade?  Yes.  A move that completely undermined a manager and either directly (or indirectly at most optimistic) helped lead to this disastrous season?  Obviously.  But a crime, of course not..... 

Agree 100%

And don't forget that we sold him to that rival for 10mil. How gracious.

Would of it been a crime for the board to put the considerations of hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans and not undermine the manager over the wishes of one player (boy, didnt that setup a tone going into the season, eh? Manager has the final word? Ever heard of lame duck leadership? Well this season has been a clear result of exactly the tone the club sent out regarding Mourinho's influence. Couldnt even stop a players transfer to a hated rival. How was he going to cajole any of the core players in that dressing room when the powers to be effectively pointed out he doesnt call the shots?)?

So a crime, no. A stupid piece of business that put the interests of one individual above the whole organization and its millions of fans? Yes. An idiotic move that strengthened a direct and despised rival while simultaneosly weakening our squad and nearly voiding it of its core leadership over a decade? Yes. A move that completely undermined a manager and either directly (or indirectly at most optimistic) helped lead to this disastrous season? Obviously. But a crime, of course not.....

Great post. Exactly how I feel about the cech situation.

I like your post and don't think necessarily think you're wrong but I do question some of it.  10.9 mil isn't pocket change for a keeper, that's the 6th highest transfer for a keeper ever, so i think that's good business for someone who is 32 and certainly not getting better.

We're getting hit at the moment for not treating our legends right so the club basically can't win here, sell a player to where he wants to go to be fair to him (treating legend correctly but with fan backlash), sell a player to somewhere he doesn't want to go for less (poor business, poor treatment of legend, happier fans ) keep a player who doesn't want to be number 2 (unrest, potentially negative impact on squad, poor treatment of legend, happier fans).

I think selling Cech also sent a strong message to Teebo as well, you're our number 1 mate.

I like your post and don't think necessarily think you're wrong but I do question some of it.  10.9 mil isn't pocket change for a keeper, that's the 6th highest transfer for a keeper ever, so i think that's good business for someone who is 32 and certainly not getting better.

We're getting hit at the moment for not treating our legends right so the club basically can't win here, sell a player to where he wants to go to be fair to him (treating legend correctly but with fan backlash), sell a player to somewhere he doesn't want to go for less (poor business, poor treatment of legend, happier fans ) keep a player who doesn't want to be number 2 (unrest, potentially negative impact on squad, poor treatment of legend, happier fans).

I think selling Cech also sent a strong message to Teebo as well, you're our number 1 mate.

I don't think Courtois got the message. 

He has been less than impressive. Helped us against PSG but also might have sunk us with that Cavani goal. 

Overall this season I can count on both hands GKs who have outperformed him in the EPL.

I don't think Courtois got the message.

He has been less than impressive. Helped us against PSG but also might have sunk us with that Cavani goal.

Overall this season I can count on both hands GKs who have outperformed him in the EPL.

He's saved us way more times than he's cost us. I don't think he's performing as well as he can, like most of the team, but for the most part he's done well.

Would of it been a crime for the board to put the considerations of hundreds of thousands if not millions of fans and not undermine the manager over the wishes of one player (boy, didnt that setup a tone going into the season, eh? Manager has the final word? Ever heard of lame duck leadership? Well this season has been a clear result of exactly the tone the club sent out regarding Mourinho's influence. Couldnt even stop a players transfer to a hated rival. How was he going to cajole any of the core players in that dressing room when the powers to be effectively pointed out he doesnt call the shots?)?

So a crime, no. A stupid piece of business that put the interests of one individual above the whole organization and its millions of fans? Yes. An idiotic move that strengthened a direct and despised rival while simultaneosly weakening our squad and nearly voiding it of its core leadership over a decade? Yes. A move that completely undermined a manager and either directly (or indirectly at most optimistic) helped lead to this disastrous season? Obviously. But a crime, of course not.....

A MAN HIMSELF ASKED FOR A MOVE TO ARSENAL

THE MAN HIMSELF ASKED FOR A MOVE TO ARSENAL Edited by lesblues

Hazard is not a bulldozer nor a machine. We need to treat him exactly the opposite as Roy Keane would do. He is an instrument and instruments need soft hand and intelligence. Keane has neither.

Disagree, you can guarantee that if Keane was in our dressing room, Hazard and every other player out there would be giving 110% every single game. Hazard isn't an instrument, he's a footballer, and one with a pretty sh*tty attitude at the minute. A good slap from someone like Keane wouldn't do him any harm.

Disagree, you can guarantee that if Keane was in our dressing room, Hazard and every other player out there would be giving 110% every single game. Hazard isn't an instrument, he's a footballer, and one with a pretty sh*tty attitude at the minute. A good slap from someone like Keane wouldn't do him any harm.

I think we do have 'a keane' in our dressing room and it is not really helping. Problem is not that he is not trying or wanting to do well for this club.

I think we do have 'a keane' in our dressing room and it is not really helping. Problem is not that he is not trying or wanting to do well for this club.

I don't think JT and Keane are overly similar to be honest, Terry seems much more grounded and less of a nutcase  :laugh2:

To those who say Roman was stupid or inconsiderate of fans by selling Cech to Arsenal, consider this.

When Cech was sold, Roman had every reason to believe that it wouldn't matter in terms of results. We had just won the league with Cech on the bench. We finished 12 points ahead of them. It didn't matter if we were "strengthening the rival" because we were so much stronger than them regardless.

At the time it was a benevolent innocuous gesture. Cech wins because he gets to keep his family in London and become the first choice again. Roman wins because Cech's transfer value would decrease as he got older. The fans wouldn't win, but they wouldn't lose either.

No one could have predicted the disaster this season, no one.

Edited by offside