Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Which is what I'm asking. If he's crap for us but lights up the pitch for Belgium it will be pretty apparent he's lost interest in playing for us. On the other hand if he doesn't play well this summer it's not a indictment his play for us. I'm wondering what everyone is hoping to see from him this summer?

He's great and we sell him when his price goes up

He's great and we keep hold of him and hope he finds motivation to play for us

He's crap and we sell him for less than he's truly worth

He's crap and we keep hold of him and hope he finds his form again

I personally think he'll be back on top for Belgium this summer. If that's the case I have to believe he wants away from us. What the club decide to do with him is anyone's guess.

I'm hoping he has a good euros, and the new managers gets the best out of him next season.

Do you think his transfer value has fallen so much that we're stuck with him? I can't see any European club in their right mind, except maybe Monaco, paying the 80-100 for him and offering a similar salary.

Perhaps a mega-yen deal to a Chinese club? Whatever, he certainly wont be here because he doesn't want too be here. You don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to see it.

I still hope we hold onto Hazard as he has shown he is elite and those players are hard to come by, especially since we will have no CL in the near future. 

That said, it is imperative that we hold onto Pato. That guy looks a class above the rest in his instagram stills.

Please tell me this post is loaded with sarcasm, especially the bolded part !

Please tell me this post is loaded with sarcasm, especially the bolded part !

Sarcasm is not funny if you have to explain it :)

Bolded part yes, rest not that much. I still consider Hazard to be elite and hope he stays.

Edited by JoseBlues

According to the Telegraph, Conte wants to keep Hazard and get him back to form.  That we will not sell Hazard at all this summer, and that the only way he can leave is if he forces the issue himself.  They also go on to say that Hazard doesn't have a mentor in the dressing room like he had with Drogba, and that Roman is wanting to bring Drogba back when his MLS contract expires.

Seemingly, Hazard's friends in the dressing room are Zouma and Remy.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/10/exclusive-chelsea-will-not-sell-eden-hazard/

According to the Telegraph, Conte wants to keep Hazard and get him back to form.  That we will not sell Hazard at all this summer, and that the only way he can leave is if he forces the issue himself.  They also go on to say that Hazard doesn't have a mentor in the dressing room like he had with Drogba, and that Roman is wanting to bring Drogba back when his MLS contract expires.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/03/10/exclusive-chelsea-will-not-sell-eden-hazard/

There is no doubting that Hazard has natural talent and ability in abundance but to me it's his mentality that is questionable, and has been for some time. He is 25 years old and has been here nearly 4 years, he doesn't have a mentor in the dressing room ?  If anything he should be looking to mentor the younger players in our squad and lead by example surely ?

His whole attitude so far this season just seems wrong. You can only wrap some players in cotton wool for so long.

According to the Telegraph, Conte wants to keep Hazard and get him back to form. That we will not sell Hazard at all this summer, and that the only way he can leave is if he forces the issue himself. They also go on to say that Hazard doesn't have a mentor in the dressing room like he had with Drogba, and that Roman is wanting to bring Drogba back when his MLS contract expires.

This article seems like total BS.

If I see actual quotes from Conte then I will believe it.

Apply this logic to what you said on Jose (how he deserves more respect). Maybe many didn't expect he would throw tantrums this season.

OK, here's the logic for you. Jose deserves respect because for 5 years he delivered for this club. He achieved 3 premier league titles, earned himself the reputation of being the best manager in the world and he fought for this club, defending us against media attacks, perceived refereeing injustices, repeatedly stated his love for this club even when he wasnt our manager etc etc

Eden Hazard had 1 great season, got named player of the year and promptly went on the holiday of a lifetime before turning up for pre-season overweight, underperforming for the entire season so far and speaking in numerous interviews about other clubs he would like to play for.

There is a significant difference in the levels of respect that these 2 men deserve, just as there is a clear and obvious difference in the attitudes of the 2 men towards Chelsea FC.

Mourinho made mistakes this year. There is no argument against that. But Hazard has been equally detrimental to our season. If you choose to disrespect Mourinho and support Hazard, that's your choice. But it's certainly not mine

"OK, here's the logic for you. Jose deserves respect because for 5 years he delivered for this club. He achieved 3 premier league titles, earned himself the reputation of being the best manager in the world and he fought for this club, defending us against media attacks, perceived refereeing injustices, repeatedly stated his love for this club even when he wasnt our manager etc etc"

Not getting the point, I didn't say people are disrespecting Jose, I said people are annoyed. But to answer to your post, those same fights against injustice, media attack et al did more harm than good for the club. One individual can't win against the press. He has stated he loves Intermilan equally. Sorry but I take interviews and speeches made to the public at face value not saying he's lying or wrong though.

"Eden Hazard had 1 great season, got named player of the year and promptly went on the holiday of a lifetime before turning up for pre-season overweight, underperforming for the entire season so far and speaking in numerous interviews about other clubs he would like to play for."

Hazard up until this season has had 3 great seasons for us, last season being him more in the spotlight. Compare his stats to that of his previous season and they are almost identical. More focus was on him, when we sort of relied on him and he delivered.

"There is a significant difference in the levels of respect that these 2 men deserve, just as there is a clear and obvious difference in the attitudes of the 2 men towards Chelsea FC."

Nothing wrong with your philosophy mate. I just believe you either respect someone or you don't. Don't believe respect should be hierarchical and only those with tinted glasses would be blind to Hazard's shortcomings.

"Mourinho made mistakes this year. There is no argument against that. But Hazard has been equally detrimental to our season. If you choose to disrespect Mourinho and support Hazard, that's your choice. But it's certainly not mine."

Always stated the coaching and playing staff were the reason for our shortcomings this season. Also, you can go through my posts, I criticized some decisions from Jose and not disrespected or demeaned him. I know he's worth his salt.

"OK, here's the logic for you. Jose deserves respect because for 5 years he delivered for this club. He achieved 3 premier league titles, earned himself the reputation of being the best manager in the world and he fought for this club, defending us against media attacks, perceived refereeing injustices, repeatedly stated his love for this club even when he wasnt our manager etc etc"

Not getting the point, I didn't say people are disrespecting Jose, I said people are annoyed. But to answer to your post, those same fights against injustice, media attack et al did more harm than good for the club. One individual can't win against the press. He has stated he loves Intermilan equally. Sorry but I take interviews and speeches made to the public at face value not saying he's lying or wrong though.

"Eden Hazard had 1 great season, got named player of the year and promptly went on the holiday of a lifetime before turning up for pre-season overweight, underperforming for the entire season so far and speaking in numerous interviews about other clubs he would like to play for."

Hazard up until this season has had 3 great seasons for us, last season being him more in the spotlight. Compare his stats to that of his previous season and they are almost identical. More focus was on him, when we sort of relied on him and he delivered.

"There is a significant difference in the levels of respect that these 2 men deserve, just as there is a clear and obvious difference in the attitudes of the 2 men towards Chelsea FC."

Nothing wrong with your philosophy mate. I just believe you either respect someone or you don't. Don't believe respect should be hierarchical and only those with tinted glasses would be blind to Hazard's shortcomings.

"Mourinho made mistakes this year. There is no argument against that. But Hazard has been equally detrimental to our season. If you choose to disrespect Mourinho and support Hazard, that's your choice. But it's certainly not mine."

Always stated the coaching and playing staff were the reason for our shortcomings this season. Also, you can go through my posts, I criticized some decisions from Jose and not disrespected or demeaned him. I know he's worth his salt.

Do you think his transfer value has fallen so much that we're stuck with him? I can't see any European club in their right mind, except maybe Monaco, paying the 80-100 for him and offering a similar salary.

I think if he has a bad tournament his value will hit rock bottom and even if he wants out Im not sure any club considered a step up would be interested.

He does seem to be uninterested in playing for Belgium. I would have thought he'd be good friend with Thibo over Remy at least.

He does seem to be uninterested in playing for Belgium. I would have thought he'd be good friend with Thibo over Remy at least.

I'm not at all surprised that Thibaut and Eden aren't close friends.

Thibaut has had conflicts with other players. Marc Wilmots even seriously considered dropping him from the squad.

I don't know if there is political tension among the Belgian players, but it's certainly plausible. Eden is from Wallonia, and Thibaut is from Flanders. The two parts nearly split a few years ago. Belgium didn't have a government for 6 months because of the divide. A Belgian I know very well said that it's only a matter of time that Flanders secedes. The divide is both linguistic and economic. Flanders is a good deal wealthier and doesn't like how much of their tax money is going to Wallonia.

It makes sense that Eden is friends with Kurt and Remy and that Drogba was his major mentor as they share a common native language.

Edited by offside

So everyone who wants him gone who will you replace him ?

Me personally, I'd invest the money into John Stones and look to rebuild our defence which is in need of an overhaul.

If Hazard goes you've still got enough depth in the squad to not need to "replace" him. Although I'd be inclined to see us revert to 4-3-3 and see us invest in a top quality box to box midfielder.