Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Just now, bisright1 said:

I'll be very surprised if it's just £88m after the negotiating. 

The only way that'll be the case is if we find out we've signed kovacic for £25m in a couple of weeks time. 

Or its 88m + Kovacic which is a decent deal

5 minutes ago, ENygma said:

I do agree, but would you rather not selling Hazard now and then he leaves for FREE in a years time? 

Id rather take the 88m, even though it is bad for this current market

That would depend on Eden.

On 03/06/2019 at 09:17, ENygma said:

Given the current over-inflated market, and players like Chilwell being talked about for 70m and Zaha for 100m... Hazard going for a similar amount is quite a disgrace

4 hours ago, ENygma said:

Euro's. Which is back to the £88m we started on. 

Considering he has 1 year left on his contract, its actually not bad But I'd have still wanted a lot more tbh

1 hour ago, ENygma said:

88m with 1 year left on the contract isn't exactly awful though. I think if it was 2 years or more, it would have easily have been 120m or probably even higher.

Hopefully we have some sort of deal in place to at least get something more in return and not just 88m, because we can't even do anything with the money when we are banned

I see you finally figured it out 

3 hours ago, ENygma said:

I do agree, but would you rather not selling Hazard now and then he leaves for FREE in a years time? 

Going from my posts the other day about players value vs us fans watching them every week; I’d of definitely kept him for another season and let him walk on a free after!

That cash doesn’t go in our pockets and would’ve meant keeping us entertained for another season!

We’re going to be screwed for the foreseeable without him!

The Guardian are reporting it: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/05/eden-hazard-real-madrid-chelsea-agree-fee

I can wish him nothing but the best; since he arrived Eden has been an asset like no other to the club, the fans, and even the league. He has been a genuine joy to watch, a genius footballer the likes of whom you will only ever see a handful of per generation. Impossible to replace, impossible to emulate.

We can also have no qualms about the way in which he's handled himself. We are now in a position where we cannot offer a realistic, consistent chance of Champions League glory, and I cannot blame him for seeking that elsewhere, especially given his apparently long-held attachment to Real, and Zidane in particular.

He's always given his utmost, even when things at the club looked their darkest, and all while getting kicked off the park every match. Unlike many players in a similar situation, he has always been respectful towards the club, and loving towards the fans.

Hazard will be sorely missed, and never truly replaced. A club legend in every sense. Thank you for everything, we had some wonderful times there.

All the same, if you'll indulge me:

6 minutes ago, PloKoon13 said:

The Guardian are reporting it: https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jun/05/eden-hazard-real-madrid-chelsea-agree-fee

I can wish him nothing but the best; since he arrived Eden has been an asset like no other to the club, the fans, and even the league. He has been a genuine joy to watch, a genius footballer the likes of whom you will only ever see a handful of per generation. Impossible to replace, impossible to emulate.

We can also have no qualms about the way in which he's handled himself. We are now in a position where we cannot offer a realistic, consistent chance of Champions League glory, and I cannot blame him for seeking that elsewhere, especially given his apparently long-held attachment to Real, and Zidane in particular.

He's always given his utmost, even when things at the club looked their darkest, and all while getting kicked off the park every match. Unlike many players in a similar situation, he has always been respectful towards the club, and loving towards the fans.

Hazard will be sorely missed, and never truly replaced. A club legend in every sense. Thank you for everything, we had some wonderful times there.

All the same, if you'll indulge me:

That brought a tear to my eye Ploks....?

26 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Makes you wonder just how much they initially low balled us if we finally agree an offer of £88m. Kovacic can't be part of the deal while we have a transfer ban surely?

Well, since Kovacic is already registered to play for us, of course it can be part of the deal. I'm rather hoping it isn't though!

11 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

I see you finally figured it out 

Lmao! 

To be fair, in the earlier posts I forgot to think of the fact that he only had a year left and next year he'd be leaving on a free. So its almost impossible for Real Madrid to offer something insanely high

2 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

What good is receiving €100m if you can't spend it? 

Losing our best player and we can't sign a replacement. 

Meanwhile Willian is set to get a 2 year contract. 

On days like these I wonder if I should just follow the darts instead. 

Please tell me this isnt true....

15 hours ago, ENygma said:

Couldn't give a sh*t, it's not my money and will probably be wasted on a couple of Drinkwaters anyway. Would rather watch Hazard for another season. 

With Hazard gone, we have to focus on making new legends, though I consider Azpi and Kante already as such, Rudiger, RLC, CHO, Christensen have that potential!

Play youngsters and rebuild next summer when the transfer ban is gone, at least we'll have CL football and if we're lucky maybe we can fight for a top 4 finish again.

Even with the transfer ban, if Hazard wants to go, we should sell him. Hopefully its £100m plus Kovacic. That would be a good deal, Kovacic hasnt lived up to expectations but if we cant bring in anyone else, I would take him.

Its frustrating we cant spend the money now, but its not like its going to disappear, add it to tbe money we get for Morata, Bakayoko, Batshuayi and possibly a couple of others that get sold either this season or next, and we have an incredible amount of money to invest when we can finally sign players.

Thats without taking into accounts funds that would be available anyway for the next 2 summers, we had a net spend of £130m this season. So if its possible to carry much of this seasons budget into next season, we have a warchest in 12 months time.

Now the question is how we spend that money,  hopefully Cech comes in, he has 12 months to find his feet, work with the manager, the board, agents, and other clubs, so we can spend money wisely to get back to challenging at the top of the league.  Cech is totally inexperienced, but he's an intelligent guy, and im hoping he can combine a solid winning football vision, with enough authority and persuasion, to get Roman to make better decisions in the transfer market. 

Even with the transfer ban, if Hazard wants to go, we should sell him. Hopefully its £100m plus Kovacic. That would be a good deal, Kovacic hasnt lived up to expectations but if we cant bring in anyone else, I would take him.

Its frustrating we cant spend the money now, but its not like its going to disappear, add it to tbe money we get for Morata, Bakayoko, Batshuayi and possibly a couple of others that get sold either this season or next, and we have an incredible amount of money to invest when we can finally sign players.

Thats without taking into accounts funds that would be available anyway for the next 2 summers, we had a net spend of £130m this season. So if its possible to carry much of this seasons budget into next season, we have a warchest in 12 months time.

Now the question is how we spend that money,  hopefully Cech comes in, he has 12 months to find his feet, work with the manager, the board, agents, and other clubs, so we can spend money wisely to get back to challenging at the top of the league.  Cech is totally inexperienced, but he's an intelligent guy, and im hoping he can combine a solid winning football vision, with enough authority and persuasion, to get Roman to make better decisions in the transfer market. 

1 hour ago, dansubrosa said:

I’d take 88m + Kovacic.

With the transfer ban I think it’s really important that we sign Kovacic, since he’s already registered with us. 

Blimey, that underlines just how bad the situation is. That it is deemed "really important" to secure the services of a player, who, from recollection, has not contributed one goal or one assist nor done a great deal else of note either. He's just OKAY, but it's important we have him!!

6 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Blimey, that underlines just how bad the situation is. That it is deemed "really important" to secure the services of a player, who, from recollection, has not contributed one goal or one assist nor done a great deal else of note either. He's just OKAY, but it's important we have him!!

Exactly. If we can have him with a lower price on the side I'm okay with him being a backup.

He has everything to be a top midfielder. Maybe he should do what Salah did in Rome: build a football pitch+goal in your Backyard and practice shooting in the corners after training for hours.