big blue

Eden Hazard

8 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Pep inherited the golden Spanish generation, same case with Luis Enrique and Rijkaard, nobody needed to tell those player what to do, you would have also won everything there.

It's like Di Matteo winning the Champions league with us.

Yes I acknowledged the golden spanish generation in my original reply. But I was referring to Barcelona finishing 20 points below Real Madrid before he took charge. 

I better stop posting about Pep now before someone else accuses me off being a Citeh fan. Nothing else to add it's getting a bit repetitive. 

Look everyone is allowed to have their differences.  Let's refrain from personal insults and the like. 

Also, this is the bloody Hazard thread.  LETS KEEP HIM, WIN THE LEAGUE, AND TELL PEP TO STICK IT WHERE THE SUN DONT SHINE

2 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Think Claudio Bravo stood out pretty well last season

Before the season did you think bravo was better than de gea and courtois?

Hazard is worth £200m.

After dropping £130m on Courtinho in January I’m not sure Barca can afford to spend that sort of money on one player again.

They’ve not really got any one they can sell to help raise funds either... I think Real Madrid would be better placed to sign him and I reckon that partly why Barca’s been bidding for Willian, he’s more obtainable to them.

I don’t think Hazard will leave personally, I think the club is going to bend over backwards to get him to stay including making him one of the best paid players in the league.

35 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Hazard is worth £200m.

After dropping £130m on Courtinho in January I’m not sure Barca can afford to spend that sort of money on one player again.

They’ve not really got any one they can sell to help raise funds either... I think Real Madrid would be better placed to sign him and I reckon that partly why Barca’s been bidding for Willian, he’s more obtainable to them.

I don’t think Hazard will leave personally, I think the club is going to bend over backwards to get him to stay including making him one of the best paid players in the league.

Should be one of the best paid in the world to be honest! 

23 minutes ago, Odiddy said:

Hazard is the Chelsea GOAT and will be one of the world GOATs once Mister Sarri gets his hand on him.

Come on Hazza, sign on that dotted line

Hazard has a way to go before he becomes Chelsea's greatest of all time. Terry, Lampard and Drogba and possibly more are still ahead of him.

46 minutes ago, Odiddy said:

Hazard is the Chelsea GOAT and will be one of the world GOATs once Mister Sarri gets his hand on him.

Come on Hazza, sign on that dotted line

Lol, he might me the best of all time or the most talented of all time, which is, I believe, still not the case, but it's 100 percent sure that he is not the greatest one.

22 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Hazard has a way to go before he becomes Chelsea's greatest of all time. Terry, Lampard and Drogba and possibly more are still ahead of him.

whatever - he's the most talented player we've ever had anyway. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Semper Fi said:

Should be one of the best paid in the world to be honest! 

I want to agree, but he needs to show more. He doesn't score or assist anywhere enough for the type of salary people talk about. We are talking world class striker type wages. If this was a Harry Kane or Lewandowski, I would maybe agree, but Hazard has looked very good in the previous systems as it's limited our other attackers. I could be wrong, but I think under Sarri system, he will be just another good player. Look at Napoli, Sarri made that front 3 look world class, even though they aren't. 

Edited by enigma

Right now he's just the Belgian Isco until he starts putting up Salah numbers like last season or taking more games by the horn like a Ronaldo or Neymar does. 

1 minute ago, enigma said:

Would you take Hazard over prime Lampard? I know I wouldn't. 

All day long baby. Lampard was a very good player and servant, but he's nowhere near as talented. He'd be the first to admit that. Hazard can do things with the ball that only a handful of players in the world can.

1 minute ago, Odiddy said:

All day long baby. Lampard was a very good player and servant, but he's nowhere near as talented. He'd be the first to admit that. Hazard can do things with the ball that only a handful of players in the world can.

Plenty players can do great stuff with the ball, but players who can score 15-20 goals from midfield is a different story. Lampard is everything people want Pogba to be at Utd. Hazard goes missing too often and people look at the WC (which is poor quality) this year as proof he doesn't. Over the past few seasons at Chelsea he has hid in plenty of games. It could well be the system, but I've seen enough of Hazard to come to a conclusion that he isn't unselfish enough or focused on scoring loads of goals to become one of the very best. I wouldn't want to see him go of course, because he's probably (depending on signings this season) our most creative player, and the more creative players, the merrier. 

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, enigma said:

Plenty players can do great stuff with the ball, but players who can score 15-20 goals from midfield is a different story. Lampard is everything people want Pogba to be at Utd. Hazard goes missing too often and people look at the WC (which is poor quality) this year as proof he doesn't. Over the past few seasons at Chelsea he has hid in plenty of games. It could well be the system, but I've seen enough of Hazard to come to a conclusion that he isn't unselfish enough or focused on scoring loads of goals to become one of the very best. I wouldn't want to see him go of course, because he's probably (depending on signings this season) our most creative player, and the more creative players, the merrier. 

fair enough, let's see - i think your conclusion is wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion I guess (even if it is wrong :wink:). I think Chelsea fans are going to rue the day when they see him winning a ballon d'or if he goes to Madrid. 

I think all you need to see are his World Cup performances to see what he's capable off - and yes, maybe he does go missing  sometimes, but so does Messi if the game isn't set up for him in the right way. Many, many, many times Hazard has carried us and won the game through individual performances and has made us look better than we are.  15-20 goals from lampard is just a stat, and I think you need to look past numbers; lampard was notorious for shooting from everywhere and missing chances, scoring deflections, and being 'flukey'. For god sake other fans coined him pinball lampard.

Edited by Odiddy

1 hour ago, Odiddy said:

15-20 goals from lampard is just a stat, and I think you need to look past numbers; lampard was notorious for shooting from everywhere and missing chances, scoring deflections, and being 'flukey'. For god sake other fans coined him pinball lampard.

What an absolute load of sh*t. Honestly why do Chelsea fans feel the need to denigrate possibly our greatest ever player because they think hazard is better. 

1 hour ago, Odiddy said:

fair enough, let's see - i think your conclusion is wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion I guess (even if it is wrong :wink:). I think Chelsea fans are going to rue the day when they see him winning a ballon d'or if he goes to Madrid. 

I think all you need to see are his World Cup performances to see what he's capable off - and yes, maybe he does go missing  sometimes, but so does Messi if the game isn't set up for him in the right way. Many, many, many times Hazard has carried us and won the game through individual performances and has made us look better than we are.  15-20 goals from lampard is just a stat, and I think you need to look past numbers; lampard was notorious for shooting from everywhere and missing chances, scoring deflections, and being 'flukey'. For god sake other fans coined him pinball lampard.

Deary me. :face_palm:

1 hour ago, Odiddy said:

I've never heard another chelsea fan say those things about lampard. Mainly because if you watched 95% of lampard games for us, as most fans of the club would, you would see how completely wrong they are. 

1 hour ago, Odiddy said:

Just a stat :laugh2:

he scored more goals in a season than most strikers and also set up ridiculous amounts too...every single season.

He was a world class midfield who would have walked into any team on the planet. Behave yourself 

1 minute ago, big blue said:

I've never heard another chelsea fan say those things about lampard. Mainly because if you watched 95% of lampard games for us, as most fans of the club would, you would see how completely wrong they are. 

I think Lampard was great, but I just think he was overrated a little.

2 hours ago, Odiddy said:

Taxi

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Just a stat :laugh2:

he scored more goals in a season than most strikers and also set up ridiculous amounts too...every single season.

He was a world class midfield who would have walked into any team on the planet. Behave yourself 

Hmmm.... well why didn't a big club ever come knocking for him? I am not saying he's not a Chelsea great, he is. Just saying I don't think he is as talented as Hazard - and I'm saying that he isn't as talented, because he isn't. 

Ask the question in another forum, unbiased, and see what people's unanimous opinions are... 

Also, just to play devil's advocate - he played for Man City and scored against Chelsea.

Edited by Odiddy

Just now, Odiddy said:

I think Lampard was great, but I just think he was overrated a little.

2nd in world player of the year. 

3rd most Pl appearances

4th most Pl goals

4th most Pl assist 

over 100 caps for england

Won every trophy available at club level.