big blue

Eden Hazard

3 minutes ago, Odiddy said:

Hmmm.... well why didn't a big club every come knocking for him? I am not saying he's not a Chelsea great, he is. Just saying I don't think he is as talented as Hazard - and I'm saying that he isn't as talented, because he isn't. 

Ask the question in another forum, unbiased, and see what people's unanimous opinions are... 

Also, just to play devil's advocate - he played for Man City and scored against Chelsea.

Just shut up you buffoon, christ this kind of fan really is the worst thing in football now. Lampard is the best player I've ever seen, he made more of his talent than any other player of his era, and this era. His consistently high performances were unbelievable, he rarely had a poor game for us and won every single thing going. Hazard is more talented at dribbling, that's pretty much it. He's an outstanding talent and has done well for us but he simply isn't at the level lampard was. 

9 minutes ago, Odiddy said:

Hmmm.... well why didn't a big club ever come knocking for him? I am not saying he's not a Chelsea great, he is. Just saying I don't think he is as talented as Hazard - and I'm saying that he isn't as talented, because he isn't. 

Ask the question in another forum, unbiased, and see what people's unanimous opinions are... 

Also, just to play devil's advocate - he played for Man City and scored against Chelsea.

Maybe because in his prime he was at a big club, that also happened to challenging for the biggest trophies, he was on better wages he would've gotten anywhere else, and realistically what team could afford to buy our best player at that time, when we the richest club in Europe. 

I would take prime Lampard, prime Drogba, prime Zola and prime Gudjonsen over Hazard all day long until he elevates his game a bit. this Hazard is almost the same player like when he arrived here in 2012 just a little bit more mature. You've got a guy possessing  the most noticeable quality - the dribble - against men literally doing everything on the pitch - from covering space and tackling, through organizing the game in the middle, making also great runs, even if not that fast and sw**ky, to great positioning and scoring goals from impossible, especially for Hazard, positions. Hell no, Hazard to be more talented than these guys.

Hazard is one of the greatest players we've had, but will never be at Lampards, JT or Drogba level. Also, for Hazard to become a legend for me, he has to stop talking about always wanting to play for Real Madrid, stop saying things like he's won all in England and needs other challenges in Real Madrid and that kind of crap. He's great player and has given a lot to us, but is like he wants out and he won't be a legend for that sole reason.

Hazard has more raw talent than anyone who ever pulled on our shirt. That doesn’t denigrate Lamps, Zola or anyone else, it’s just a very clear fact. When we talk about greatest players though, are we even talking about raw talent, or are we talking about commitment, consistency, achievement, loyalty etc etc?

3 hours ago, Odiddy said:

fair enough, let's see - i think your conclusion is wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion I guess (even if it is wrong :wink:). I think Chelsea fans are going to rue the day when they see him winning a ballon d'or if he goes to Madrid. 

I think all you need to see are his World Cup performances to see what he's capable off - and yes, maybe he does go missing  sometimes, but so does Messi if the game isn't set up for him in the right way. Many, many, many times Hazard has carried us and won the game through individual performances and has made us look better than we are.  15-20 goals from lampard is just a stat, and I think you need to look past numbers; lampard was notorious for shooting from everywhere and missing chances, scoring deflections, and being 'flukey'. For god sake other fans coined him pinball lampard.

kd-lebron-stare-kevin-durant-gifs.gif

7 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

raw talent

Can you define "raw talent"? It's pretty much up to his dribbling skills which are , undoubtedly top 5 in the world and historically great, but nothing more.

I'm not talking about loyalty, commitment or achievements. When you imagine Hazard playing football, it always pops out his dribble. When you imagine Gudjonsen, Drogba, Zola, Lampard - there is everything - dribbling, scoring goals, great headers, bicycles, key passes and interventions. Hazard is simply not that complex. Dribble is not = to talent. Period.

1 hour ago, Odiddy said:

Hmmm.... well why didn't a big club ever come knocking for him? I am not saying he's not a Chelsea great, he is. Just saying I don't think he is as talented as Hazard - and I'm saying that he isn't as talented, because he isn't. 

Because he would never leave Chelsea and we simply wouldn't accept any bid because we were the richest club in Europe at the time with Roman funding us before FFP came in that's why.

if course he couldn't do what Hazard could do in the same way Hazard couldn't do what lamps did in terms of goals, engine and assists. Look at the records and it's pretty obvious.

this isn't about you saying Hazard is more talented it's more about your complete disrespect and moronic analogy of Lampard. You are either at it or......

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

Because he would never leave Chelsea and we simply wouldn't accept any bid because we were the richest club in Europe at the time with Roman funding us before FFP came in that's why.

if course he couldn't do what Hazard could do in the same way Hazard couldn't do what lamps did in terms of goals, engine and assists. Look at the records and it's pretty obvious.

this isn't about you saying Hazard is more talented it's more about your complete disrespect and moronic analogy of Lampard. You are either at it or......

But i never made this about Lamps; people started saying ridiculous things like Lamp is more talented. I love lamps, and a great player but just not in the same calibre in terms of raw raw talent.

Not a bad argument on why the big clubs didn't got for Lamps, but I don't fully buy it. Real Madrid would not have been afraid to go for him, if they wanted him - just like they went for Ronaldo.

Edited by Odiddy

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Odiddy said:

But i never made this about Lamps; people started saying ridiculous things like Lamp is more talented. I love lamps, and a great player but just not in the same calibre in terms of raw raw talent.

Not a bag argument on why the big clubs didn't got for Lamps, but I don't fully buy it. Real Madrid would not have been afraid to go for him, if they wanted him - just like they went for Ronaldo.

You mentioned names other clubs fans called him which is incredibly stupid on your part because rival fans are going to hate a successful player at Chelsea, we are used to it. 

Callin him flukey is ridiculous, imagine scoring 20 odd goals every seasons over a number of years and some muppet describes that as flukey....that either shows incredible jealously or someone commenting on a topic they have little to no knowledge on.

the best players in the planet talk about Lampard being one of the best midfielders they have played against including Pirlo, Xavi and so on. But aye he is just flukey.....

Edited by Chelsbear

38 minutes ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

Can you define "raw talent"? It's pretty much up to his dribbling skills which are , undoubtedly top 5 in the world and historically great, but nothing more.

I'm not talking about loyalty, commitment or achievements. When you imagine Hazard playing football, it always pops out his dribble. When you imagine Gudjonsen, Drogba, Zola, Lampard - there is everything - dribbling, scoring goals, great headers, bicycles, key passes and interventions. Hazard is simply not that complex. Dribble is not = to talent. Period.

Hazard is not just about dribbling. He’s scored some absolutely outrageous goals for us, and basically carried us in countless games where no-one else on the pitch could find a way through. He deserves more respect than this.

44 minutes ago, Odiddy said:

doesn't look good. Can't say I blame him for not showing loyalty after seeing some of the fans attitudes towards him in this thread - absolutely disgusting.

What attitude would that be then? 

6 minutes ago, dkw said:

What attitude would that be then? 

This comment from Giordano_Bruno summed it up nicely:

"I'm not talking about loyalty, commitment or achievements. When you imagine Hazard playing football, it always pops out his dribble. When you imagine Gudjonsen, Drogba, Zola, Lampard - there is everything - dribbling, scoring goals, great headers, bicycles, key passes and interventions. Hazard is simply not that complex. Dribble is not = to talent. Period."

14 minutes ago, Kentonio said:

Hazard is not just about dribbling. He’s scored some absolutely outrageous goals for us, and basically carried us in countless games where no-one else on the pitch could find a way through. He deserves more respect than this.

completely agree

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

So one person having his opinion is fans being disgusting? Get a grip, fan boys are so f**king weird. 

let's hug it out guys, I'm willing to forgive as i'm in a good mood after signing Jorginho and Sarri :bluescalf:

4 hours ago, Odiddy said:

fair enough, let's see - i think your conclusion is wrong, but you're entitled to your opinion I guess (even if it is wrong :wink:). I think Chelsea fans are going to rue the day when they see him winning a ballon d'or if he goes to Madrid. 

I think all you need to see are his World Cup performances to see what he's capable off - and yes, maybe he does go missing  sometimes, but so does Messi if the game isn't set up for him in the right way. Many, many, many times Hazard has carried us and won the game through individual performances and has made us look better than we are.  15-20 goals from lampard is just a stat, and I think you need to look past numbers; lampard was notorious for shooting from everywhere and missing chances, scoring deflections, and being 'flukey'. For god sake other fans coined him pinball lampard.

f**k of you clown, our record scorer, highest scoring midfielder in the PL, Lampard would be the first name on the sheet over JT and Drogs, for 10 yrs he was irreplaceable, 2nd in a Ballon D'or behind messi, Hazard hasn't attained those giddy heights yet, sorry to use profanities, but i'm livid with this post!!